The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the age thing if he is good enough he is old enough lets be honest it didn't do Wayne Rooney or Aaron Lennon any harm

That's my point. He's clearly not good enough, so no need to rush him as he's still young.

If we want to push up the table in a major way we shouldn't worrying where Ramsay fits. We need to improve on what we have in that position so that includes the likes of McGinn. This is how we will become a club at the top end of the table.

I agree despite our feelings about certain players if we are to challenge the very top we need 3 or 4, 40m+ players. Not sure where but if these types become available we have to be in for them. We can't pick and choose which positions either but as and when players become available we nail them Like we have Sanson, who Dean says came in a window early because he was a bargain.

That's my point. He's clearly not good enough, so no need to rush him as he's still young.
To be fair how is Dean or anyone else going to know if he is good enough unless he gets a run in the first team and I don't mean cameo rolls 10 minutes here or there. Not to mention not being good enough has not stopped KD getting playing time in the past or getting an extended contract

To be fair how is Dean or anyone else going to know if he is good enough unless he gets a run in the first team and I don't mean cameo rolls 10 minutes here or there. Not to mention not being good enough has not stopped KD getting playing time in the past or getting an extended contract

Well don't get me started on that waste of space.

But there's no way Ramsey is ready to be thrown in ahead of Mcginn, Luiz or even Barkley.

Its very romantic but I'm only interested in villa winning.

Yes I think it's great were not rushing Ramsay into it gone have the Lambert days of buying raw talent and chucking them straight into the lions den and totally destroying their confidence not that he had much choice in fairness he just signed the wrong players for the job in hand.Everytime Ramsay comes on now he looks that little bit better.

People talking about signing a few '£40 million+ players', how about this instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55907793

All of these players are available for free in the summer (at the moment unless they sign new deals before then).

If we could get them for free, and pay them the £40 million over 2 years as a salary instead, that would be 385k per week. That's probably not gonna get you Messi, but I reckon it would be enough to get the other 10 on that list.

So sod the three £40 million+ gambles, lets use that £120 million to get Draxler, Wijnaldum and Alaba signed up for a couple of years. :grinning:

He overtook Hourihane in the pecking order this season and looks to be Dean's second choice player for the number 10 position in the team (third choice after Grealish).

He will 100% get games this season and even more next season, but as he is not on a huge wage and doesn't need to be registered as part of the 25 man squad, he shouldn't influence who we sign.

Think we need to be realistic in our expectations for the summer. I still think we are a team in transition. Purslow and Smith both said it will take 3-4yrs before we can compete on wages in the PL, so we will still be looking for value and youth in the market place.

There are the obvious positions that require strengthening and/or back-up, but we can't just keep buying players and letting other contracts run out. I'm interested in who we are selling to support our transfer business. I don't think our "back-ups" will be wanted by the PL clubs and I'm not sure who is out there who has the money to buy them. Heaton would command a fee, Luiz (if his option is exercised) but who else??

Liverpool are mad to let Wijnaldum go. Their owners have a hint of Randy Lerner about them. I predict some relatively bad times for Liverpool to come.

I agree despite our feelings about certain players if we are to challenge the very top we need 3 or 4, 40m+ players. Not sure where but if these types become available we have to be in for them. We can't pick and choose which positions either but as and when players become available we nail them Like we have Sanson, who Dean says came in a window early because he was a bargain.
Absolutely agree that's the market we are now shopping in but Deano has already said Sanson was a summer target but he became available at the right price so we snapped him up.So that's one out the way but I reckon this summer there will be some absolute bargains about and there won't be that many teams spending which hopefully enables us to really kick on.

Liverpool are mad to let Wijnaldum go. Their owners have a hint of Randy Lerner about them. I predict some relatively bad times for Liverpool to come.

From what I've read, it isn't due to Liverpool letting him go, it's Wijnaldum deciding that he wants to go elsewhere. The Dutch past to Barca clearly entices him, particularly whilst Koeman is there.

From what I've read, it isn't due to Liverpool letting him go, it's Wijnaldum deciding that he wants to go elsewhere. The Dutch past to Barca clearly entices him, particularly whilst Koeman is there.
A mate of mine who is a mad Liverpool fan and tends to get some insider info seems to believe the owners are not willing to meet his wage demands. What he tells me about how the club is being run at this point is reminiscent of Lerner in the later years to be honest.

A mate of mine who is a mad Liverpool fan and tends to get some insider info seems to believe the owners are not willing to meet his wage demands. What he tells me about how the club is being run at this point is reminiscent of Lerner in the later years to be honest.

I think even looking in from the outside we can see that. There is no shortage of good defenders in Europe that they could have gotten but they'll finish this season with Henderson and Fabinho wrapping up at least 20 apps at CB between them. They're in no danger of FFP.

What I read about them is that its moreso a cash flow issue and that Klopp essentially has to sell before he can buy. The owners won't front the cash because they essentially don't have it. They don't have $10-20MM cash on hand to make upfront payments out of their own pockets even if that money could be backfilled with the financing of the overall transfer.

Thats where our owners are showing up as possibly the best in the league. They are front the money for the club until such a time as we can get financing in place and structure it in a way the club can pay for it over time.

I don't know Pool's FFP position, but I can imagine they are comfortably skirting after their spending....but they should have reasonable wriggle room after winning the league/CL and then sales.

Maybe not a clear £100m, so yes, I'm on board with upfront payments here.

Knowing we still have a year of debt to at least chip away at for the next period, we didn't push the boat like last season, but we still spent what £92ish million in the market (not including youngsters) and then not including survival bonuses/any wage rises/new contracts etc and given our league placing we're potentially (this season) £50/60m in profit even with Covid.

And it's been done, as you say, because our owners have front loaded until other cash comes in.

Last edited:
Even if the Liverpool owners don't have cash on hand, they could finance any new player signings. They aren't signing the defender they desperately need because they don't want to.

People talking about signing a few '£40 million+ players', how about this instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55907793

All of these players are available for free in the summer (at the moment unless they sign new deals before then).

If we could get them for free, and pay them the £40 million over 2 years as a salary instead, that would be 385k per week. That's probably not gonna get you Messi, but I reckon it would be enough to get the other 10 on that list.

So sod the three £40 million+ gambles, lets use that £120 million to get Draxler, Wijnaldum and Alaba signed up for a couple of years. :grinning:

I suspect that there are going to be a lot of players out of contract and looking for new clubs this summer. Covid has hit a lot of leagues very hard. The PL is fine because they have an enormous TV deal.

We may have finally seen the peak of player wage inflation.

Status
Not open for further replies.