The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be looking to sign

A first class left winger
A striker to challenge Ollie
A new lb to challenge Targett
A new cb to challenge Mings/Konsa

Out El Ghazi, Engels, Hourihane, Guilbert (maybe) and one of Steer or Heaton. Anyone out of contract let them go.

Ollie does drift out wide...which is fine but then no-one is in the middle. Traore needs to become a temp CF on those occasions OR buy Toney and move Ollie back to the wing (or ideally play as a narrow 3 forward line like Liverpool).

PS Brentford are coming up so they won't sell to us any more.

Ollie does drift out wide...which is fine but then no-one is in the middle. Traore needs to become a temp CF on those occasions OR buy Toney and move Ollie back to the wing (or ideally play as a narrow 3 forward line like Liverpool).

PS Brentford are coming up so they won't sell to us any more.

I’ll admit I haven’t seen that much of Toney but those stats are ridiculously good this season.

Out El Ghazi, Engels, Hourihane, Guilbert (maybe) and one of Steer or Heaton. Anyone out of contract let them go.

A new leftback because Taylor is out of contract this summer.
A replacement for Engels because he is far too slow for the prem.
Letting Guilbert go could be a mistake as Elmo is out of contract this summer.
Choosing between Heaton and Steer, I'd keep Steer. Purely an age thing.
I think we need to be prepared to lose Barkley in the summer, especially if Chelsea are going to put a ridiculous price on his head.
Whoever we bring in, we, as supporters, have to be realistic and not expect them to hit the ground running in their first season.

Need a couple of central midfielders. I think we can improve big time on McGinn and likewise on Barkley if current form continues. Caveat being I'm not sure how good Sanson will be. To me this is priority area.

Can’t really disagree, I’d add a central midfielder (Barkley or similar) to come in, and Wesley or Davis to leave perhaps on loan

So we need a solid 25 man squad, not including U21 homegrown players (Ramsey, Barry, anyone else who may play a part from the academy next season).

Definite squad members next season (13):

ST: Watkins

CAM/Wingers: Traore/Grealish

CM/CDM: McGinn/Sanson/Douglas Luiz

CB: Mings/Konsa/Hause

RB/LB: Cash/Targett

GK: Martinez/Heaton

Probable squad members next season (7):

ST: Wesley/Davis

CAM/Wingers: Barkley/Trezeguet/El Ghazi

CM/CDM: Nakamba

CB:

RB/LB:

GK: Steer

Even if we keep all of the "probable" squad members above, we still have room in the 25 man senior squad for five new players, which should include two full backs and a centre back.

I personally don't think we will keep El Ghazi, Steer, and one of Davis or Wesley, which should open up room for a further striker, winger, and attacking midfielder.

A lot depends on if Man City come back for Luis.
To be honest it would surprise me greatly if they didn't, he has the ability and quality to fit right into Pep's style and he's young enough to improve year on year.
If City do take Luis back, we could do worse than play Nakamba and Sanson as our DM and box-to-box pairing with SJM moving into the Barkley spot. I can't see us paying Chelsea what they are reported to want for Barkley, not with him being injury prone and taking long periods in recovery.
While SJM has been doing a tremendous job playing deep, we have missed his goals and assists from him playing further forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if Guilbert came back to challenge Cash next season, once Elmo has left.

Agree we need another CB to replace Engels and a left back to replace Taylor.

A new no.10 we're sorted.

We've been one of the biggest spenders 4 windows running now so I can't imagine us going nuts in the summer, it's not sustainable and the core of this team will only get better next season if given the change to continue playing together.

CB & LB seem to be high on the priority list of most. But do we buy capable squad players who can be rotated when needed, or do we spend big on first choice players but risk unsettling what has become a strong backline.

He's only 19 and in his cameos so far looks miles away from ready.

No need to rush him. Cup games and the odd cameo next season will be fine for him.
I don't understand the age thing if he is good enough he is old enough lets be honest it didn't do Wayne Rooney or Aaron Lennon any harm

We all seem to have forgotten about Ramsey.

I think the boy has it, the more and more I see him. I just see some little glimpses, the little things he does. Its so refreshing to be able to bring a player into the team steadily and not be looking for him to make an immediate step up.

Unless we lose Luiz I don't think we necessarily need another CM other than singing Barkley permanently or a replacement for him.

I don't understand the age thing if he is good enough he is old enough lets be honest it didn't do Wayne Rooney or Aaron Lennon any harm

This is only relevant in two ways IMO, physical development and experience.

Louie Barry still looks like a 17-year-old boy vs. someone like Greenwood who can mix it with men. Defensively a lack of experience can be a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.