Lincoln City Penalty | Vital Football

Lincoln City Penalty

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13556

Steve Evans has spoken to the EFL’s Head of Referees about simulation and has called on the Football Association to look at it! Three senior referees has said last night penalty should never have been awarded! Report on official website! I cannot understand how he has given it with a clear view from close range!

Regardless of last night's match. Proven simulation should be a automatic red card.Only to be done after video evidence has proven the offence.i see no reason why retrospective bans cannot be imposed for such offences. While it would not affect our result it would stop many players trying it on especially if they were left out of pocket as a result.

I’ve watched it five times and it’s still a dive.
I'm amazed that Jackson didn’t argue the toss.

Agreed, VAR is a big mistake imho, it seems to create as much dicussion and frustration as the problem it is trying to solve.
Things average out over the year , you win some you lose some but the game keeps flowing VAR just stops it dead whilst reviews occur.

I’ve watched it five times and it’s still a dive.
I'm amazed that Jackson didn’t argue the toss.
I said this at the time. I can’t understand the muted reaction from the players having just been cheated by an opponent and wronged by the ref. I’d have liked to have seen the players telling the ref what they thought and dragging the cheat up from the deck. Had we done that and kept chipping away, maybe the ref may have evened things up and one of the manhandles on Oliver might have been given and we could have had an interesting 9 mins of injury time?

I thought it was a bit naive from Jackson, who maybe could have been a bit less flailing with his arm. Jacko was having a bad night.

I thought it was a bit naive from Jackson, who maybe could have been a bit less flailing with his arm. Jacko was having a bad night.
Jackson’s arm clearly touches the guy but the dramatic fall was actually theatrical.
He actually twisted in midair.
It would have been a ten from Len

The problem with Jackson is he simply is better attacking than defending so against the better sides he gets found out.When we can get him forward he looks OK.I don't think it was necessary a bad signing but signing Jackson without having a more defensive right back that was good enough available was a mistake. We have had about six different centre backs this season but no real cover at right back.I can't see why we have not signed a talented young right back. I can't believe that nobody was available on the same sort of money as one of our many centre backs.

The problem with Jackson is he simply is better attacking than defending so against the better sides he gets found out.When we can get him forward he looks OK.I don't think it was necessary a bad signing but signing Jackson without having a more defensive right back that was good enough available was a mistake. We have had about six different centre backs this season but no real cover at right back.I can't see why we have not signed a talented young right back. I can't believe that nobody was available on the same sort of money as one of our many centre backs.

With our big guys up front more than capable of winning high balls, it makes sense to have Ryan in the team to launch long throws at them. But, if the net cost of that benefit is plunged south by worsening defence of our own end, SE will surely be concerned. Mackenzie is decent at RB so perhaps he`s an available alternative.

I cant see Jackson being dropped. The long throw is our prime tactic. Play for position, throw it as far as we can and cross our fingers that it falls kindly for us.

I cant see Jackson being dropped. The long throw is our prime tactic. Play for position, throw it as far as we can and cross our fingers that it falls kindly for us.
More teams find ways of getting the better of him the more managers will study ways of making the most of it.Graham staying fit is possibly of massive importance at both ends .Without him I fear that our defence will be put under more pressure.

I have to say that is most unfair. Most referees aren't shite. Most of them aren't as good as that!
I feel it is unfair that referees are not given the protection of a after the event VAR system. Things like penalty diving could go before a panel of older referees.The problem with the current system of VAR is the TV fans not the refs.In full speed the ref gets a split second to judge on the pitch .The modern TV play back and freeze frame is making the job of a referee almost impossible.

I said this at the time. I can’t understand the muted reaction from the players having just been cheated by an opponent and wronged by the ref. I’d have liked to have seen the players telling the ref what they thought and dragging the cheat up from the deck. Had we done that and kept chipping away, maybe the ref may have evened things up and one of the manhandles on Oliver might have been given and we could have had an interesting 9 mins of injury time?
I agree that considering the way our management team behave our players are very quiet on the pitch. I only saw the incident live and the replays at the time but couldn't work out why it was a pen but Jackson just looked nonplussed and captain Dempsey was just shaking his head. How about surrounding the ref and getting in his head and who knows, he may even things up later on