Transfer deadline day | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer deadline day

Given up on anything happening now to be honest, unless we do sign one or two I can see an unhappy SE

Hope I am wrong

The longer it goes the less likely it becomes of us signing anybody IMO but while there's still time there's still hope.

Agree we might have a very pissed off SE (certainly behind closed doors) if we don't get anyone in.

Twitter is quiet apart from Gills fans begging the club for an 'Incoming!' post.
A few hours left. Let's hope the phones are busy.

Yes.
The likes of Ollie Muldoon, Zesh Rehman, and Rhys Murphy were signed in this way previously.

I quite liked and rated Zech. The less said about the other two the better. Evans is the sort to be able to go down this route effectively though.

Sounds like we've spent the day trying to stop Lee Bowyer from pinching Jordan Graham.

Is he out of contract in the summer ? Might be worth sounding him out on whether he would consider a new deal. If not then at what price would you say yes? £500K ? 400K? 300K?

To be honest, I'd like to get players that fit the bill of one or more of Evans' proposed in-coming transfers/loans, but I'll be more than happy to see no inward action if we can keep our key players - particularly Graham, Dempsey, Tucker and Ogilvie.

Twitter talk that we're vying with Plymouth to sign Bristol City midfielder James Morton on loan. His record doesn't exactly excite...

Is he out of contract in the summer ? Might be worth sounding him out on whether he would consider a new deal. If not then at what price would you say yes? £500K ? 400K? 300K?

It all depends on whether we've got a replacement lined up. If we haven't got a quality replacement lined up (and given Graham's showing this season, he'd have to be bloody good), I don't think we should consider anything other than a ridiculous offer.

Anyone else given up hope? I know there’s still time, but given our record on deadline day I think we might be disappointed