The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Another assured performance last night, strutting around like Dennis Mortimer.
Next to Jack he's the most comfortable on the ball in the squad. Some of his touches are well ............almost Brazilian

He reminds me of Dunga. Tactically very good, positions himself well, very good at interceptions, doesn't really dive into tackles. Also like Dunga he's very good on the ball but not especially spectacular in terms of doing the flashy stuff.

He is fast becoming one of my favourite players. He reads the game really well. If you watch him, he sees the danger first and tries to deal with, always looking to make the pass, prepared to fight for everything. And if he carries on playing the way he is who knows how far he can go.

He is fast becoming one of my favourite players. He reads the game really well. If you watch him, he sees the danger first and tries to deal with, always looking to make the pass, prepared to fight for everything. And if he carries on playing the way he is who knows how far he can go.

Alright, alright - keep it under your hat :censored:

To me he is like a sniper whereas most DM are just hammers, everything looks like a nail. Luiz lies in wait and pounces, at least thats what I see.

Hello I'm new to the forum, just thought I'd come on here and share with you my scout report that i have done on Douglas Luiz.

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
He's really tidied up his game now. I remember at first he was quite naive not knowing when to foul somebody to stop an attack etc. Now he rarely puts a foot wrong on the ball or off it.

He's really tidied up his game now. I remember at first he was quite naive not knowing when to foul somebody to stop an attack etc. Now he rarely puts a foot wrong on the ball or off it.

I think he's learnt a lot over the last year and got physically up to speed. He's also learnt that British footballers don't have his natural skills (Jack excepted) so has toned down his flicks and dummies and fancy stuff that our players don't expect him to do.
I expect he plays far differently for Brazil

He's absolute quality. You could tell last season even when he was struggling to adapt. By the time he's in his mid 20s he'll be amongst the world's best in his position.

Agree with everything that's been said. Good player with tremendous potential but, he hasn't been on it since the Covid shut down. Maybe he is still suffering a little or maybe its something else that's unsettled him. He almost seems to be tring to get too involved rather than sticking to his job.