Match Thread: Lincoln City v Doncaster Rovers | Page 29 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Doncaster Rovers

Definitely not our day.

I'd like to say I don't know how we lost, but as has been on a few occasions the shooting wasn't good enough. Some incredible football at times and Doncaster did nothing but defend incredibly well. The penalties were saved well, but they were both at very saleable height with limited power. The most impressive part was that he held both of them.

I hope this and the Peterborough game aren't ones we look back on with regret.

On the upside we have again battered another team gunning for promotion. More shooting practise needed.

Very very frustrated today. You can’t miss a pen and expect to get anything. Missing two is inexcusable. That said really felt we were overplaying it today. How many times did we make a pass or go backwards when a cross or shot was there? Donny did a good job on us today. With the games in hand that was a big big win and for is is a hugely costly defeat. Gillingham is now another massive match.

I'm sure I will have watched more frustrating games in the past. Can't think of one right now. That was some of the best football I've ever seen us play, period....bar the obvious issue.

Somebody is going to have to take a six nil smashing on the back of that. Un****ing believable.

I think some games are remembered for a long time and I'm certain this will by both Donny and us!

Repeat what I said at half-time, if Donny are the form team, they’ve come to pack the defence, which shows how they think about playing us. We definitely belong at the top end of this league

can't say we were unlucky, when we squander two penalties.
could be signs of pressure creeping in.
calm finishing really is the main of a very few missing ingredients.

hopefully rogers will be on the next peno, looks to have the best technique in the squad. (although he did aim one at the cathedral in the first half)

FT 0-1. On the plus side, Donny don't look world beaters. Neither do we, but at least we weren't played of the park like the home games against Sunderland and Portsmouth
On the contrary I was impressed by the way Doncaster took their chance when it came then defended really well against a very good Lincoln. You can’t blame them for riding their luck at times.
We need to become more composed in front of goal in pressure games before we can seriously consider the Championship. It’ll come

Let's hope that we aren't reflecting on this game at 5pm on the 8th of May. Seasons can change on that second half. Reaction needed next League game

Well, this game was a 6 pointer. We had 2 penalties, gifts really, and couldnt capitalise. We didnt get many clear cut chances in open play for all our possession, and credit to the Doncaster team for that. Good side. I would have like to see Anderson on down the right. Just seen the as it stands league table and results. Peterborough lost. If we could have got 3 points today, we would have opened up an 8 point gap between us and 3rd place. Never mind we are still in with a good chance.

Every now and then, a game comes along which leaves you speechless with a travesty of a result, we've had one today. Perversely, that's why we love football, in no other sport can you get an outcome so unreflective of the game itself.

As Thommo has just said, we'll play a lot worse and win.

Their keeper was inspired and lucky in equal measure, if we'd had VAR both penalties retaken? Anyone asked him for tonight's lottery numbers?

Doncaster have mugged us there. They played very organised and were happy to let us have the ball and strike on the counter. Good away performance by them but still their keeper MOM