Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 421 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Well seed potatoes are banned - so wee krankie is gonna be even more mad 😂

Fear not Moonay, the’Star Chamber’ will do due diligence 😉

Fear not Moonay, the’Star Chamber’ will do due diligence 😉

Given the timescales involved, there'll be less due diligence on this than the EFL with Choi ...........which makes it all the more worrying. It's a deal that no-one voted for, and probably no side is particularly happy with ........ though of course, that won't stop some (no names !) trying to show that we "won" more (battles !) than the EU did.

Quite depressing really.

It’s a negotiation. Neither side will have got all they wanted and I’ve no doubt for political reasons both will be claiming they’re happy with it. We’re out and the ERG need to remember that. 🎉🎉

Probably be my last post on this thread. No point whinging about this any more. Of course, that's not to say that we can't start another thread to discuss the relative performance of our national representatives in due course.

It's been a pleasure.......as has making this donation ....... :cheers:

JG.png

EDIT - Just remembered ......... we'll have to create a new thread to track the time until BJ jumps ship ....... or is pushed !
;)

Last edited:
Just to say that, as someone who has been totally committed to the EU project I feel hearbroken. It has benefited the UK, not just economically, but socially, culturally, educationally and environmentally, more than any politician in the UK has been willing to admit. It has provided peace and prosperity for the UK for decades. On a personal note, it has enabled me to meet my wife and have three half French kids. It has enabled me to gain two post grad degrees. To see an oaf like Johnson boast about some half baked deal and hear the elitist claptrap of people like Farage, Rees Mogg and Duncan Smith fills me with dread, and makes me fear the direction that the UK will take in the future. It is truly a terrifying prospect for anyone who is not one of the privileged, tax avoiding few. Well done, flag waving, Sun reading, xenophobic brexiters. What have you done?

Last edited:
Well, brexiters.... are you beginning to see the light, yet? Workers' rights out the window, environmental protection going rapidly.... still, the British fish and their rich friends are happy. What have you done, you numpties?

Well, brexiters.... are you beginning to see the light, yet? Workers' rights out the window, environmental protection going rapidly.... still, the British fish and their rich friends are happy. What have you done, you numpties?
Most have moved on mate, no point screaming in an empty chamber, you will make yourself I'll.
Last I saw the only effect of the cliff edge was a little turbulence getting stuff to NI and some ham and cheese sandwiches being confiscated in Holland.
Project fear = damp squib as most sensible folk knew it would be.
As for workers rights zero hours contracts are rife in the EU not much to worry about to keep up with that standard.

Most have moved on mate, no point screaming in an empty chamber, you will make yourself I'll.
Last I saw the only effect of the cliff edge was a little turbulence getting stuff to NI and some ham and cheese sandwiches being confiscated in Holland.
Project fear = damp squib as most sensible folk knew it would be.
As for workers rights zero hours contracts are rife in the EU not much to worry about to keep up with that standard.

Wait and see

I think it was the summer when there was hysteria about us declining to join the EU vaccine procurement scheme. Seems a very wise choice now. This EU bureaucratic beast decided it would act in the best interest of all members by sitting on its arse for months without entering into commercial agreements. Thankfully the UK government ignored the aforementioned hysteria and went it alone. Whilst jabs are going in British arms the EU leaders are being increasingly desperate demanding British vaccines go there instead. Which they won’t. In the grand scheme, what is more important, a few rotting fish or life saving vaccines?

You've posted this in the Brexit thread MiW, so not sure if you want to argue this from that point of view, or from a "handling of the pandemic" aspect. Let's presume it's the former.

Yep, there's no doubt that by being on our own, and being able to be singularly, but understandably (having made such a massive cock of everything) selfish, we've got ourselves to the front of the queue when it comes to gobbling up the vaccines. Just as well really.

This current crisis will hopefully go away (or at least become a manageable part of daily life) sometime soon ................................ not sure we can say that about the rotting fish though.

I rarely pop onto ‘off topic’ and thought this thread had been finalised. So I was surprised, although maybe I wasn’t, when I looked to see some moaning about teething difficulties re the fish supply chain. So thought I’d offer balance.

The UK government invested early with Astro Zeneca and the tie up with Oxford. They ordered vaccines in high numbers. The EU didn’t. A benefit of not being in the EU and handcuffed by their bureaucracy. Now we see an unsavoury row with the EU and AZ. Let’s not forget this Anglo-Swedish company, who has a French CEO, has moved at some speed to produce a vaccine and will be giving it away at cost to poor nations. Yet they rubbish the product, haven’t even approved it for use and wouldn’t back it for months. Now they have the temerity to demand supply is diverted from other countries who helped finance it to cover up for their own failures. It’s incredible really. A humbling apology to the company wouldn’t go amiss.

I rarely pop onto ‘off topic’ and thought this thread had been finalised. So I was surprised, although maybe I wasn’t, when I looked to see some moaning about teething difficulties re the fish supply chain. So thought I’d offer balance.

The UK government invested early with Astro Zeneca and the tie up with Oxford. They ordered vaccines in high numbers. The EU didn’t. A benefit of not being in the EU and handcuffed by their bureaucracy. Now we see an unsavoury row with the EU and AZ. Let’s not forget this Anglo-Swedish company, who has a French CEO, has moved at some speed to produce a vaccine and will be giving it away at cost to poor nations. Yet they rubbish the product, haven’t even approved it for use and wouldn’t back it for months. Now they have the temerity to demand supply is diverted from other countries who helped finance it to cover up for their own failures. It’s incredible really. A humbling apology to the company wouldn’t go amiss.

I suppose if people still have grievances, they'll air them. Fish seems a reasonable one right now.

There's no doubt the UK stole a march on the EU. There's probably also some criticism due of the EU for their tardiness in a few aspects of this sad affair.

None of this though lets the UK off the hook for either
- screwing up our general handling of just about every other aspect of the pandemic, and
- setting us up for years of pain (fish is just the first on the list) due to it's lies about the implications of Brexit.

I think we’ve spent about 7 x more upfront, per capita, on vaccine development, production and procurement than the EU. This is our roadmap out of this pandemic and should we have been still stuck inside the EU would not have happened. Always pros and cons of Brexit and any change brings challenges to overcome, but undoubtedly a big benefit is being able to make these type of decisions free from EU interference.

This aged well 😂

Firstly, if you like, I'll teach you the meaning of the word "probably". ;)

Secondly, and more to the point, you'll note that I'd only made one post since that, on tuesday, in support of DatM's fish lament. The posts yesterday and today are simply on here cos you posted your point on the wrong thread. :whist:

Thirdly, and finally, yep, I know, this is me, hanging on this line, but to be fair, the worm was fat and juicy! ............ :fish:

I'll now set up the new follow-on thread.
(y)

Who'd ave thowt it?

"The Dutch, for example, have been monitoring Brexit ever since the referendum was called - it would appear the Dutch are not that impressed with the EU’s track record. And now, there are growing movements in France, Italy and Spain where anti-EU groups are teaming up to launch a joint manifesto against their countries’ membership to the European Union."

Taken from a Spanish newspaper.