Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

Genuinely, the first time I've been out of my seat watching at home. Twice, actually.
First for the goal. Second to push Harry into the corner with the ball, he was just too strong for me!

Perhaps we need a new song to walk out to:

Born To Go, courtesy of you know who...

We were born to go,
We're never turning back
We were born to go,
And leave a burning track
We were born to go,
And leave no star unturned
We were born to grow,
We were born to learn
We're breaking out of the shell,
We're breaking free
We're hatching our dreams into reality

We were born to blaze,
A new clear way through space
A way out of the maze,
That held the human race
We were…

Perhaps we need a new song to walk out to:

Born To Go, courtesy of you know who...

We were born to go,
We're never turning back
We were born to go,
And leave a burning track
We were born to go,
And leave no star unturned
We were born to grow,
We were born to learn
We're breaking out of the shell,
We're breaking free
We're hatching our dreams into reality

We were born to blaze,
A new clear way through space
A way out of the maze,
That held the human race
We were…

How many years you been waiting to post that one Barney??

Statement of intent, similar to the away 3-2 FGR game a few seasons back when it really showed we would be up there. Feet on the ground time now and onto Saturday.

FT 1-0 Oh yes. :wahey::wahey::wahey:

Halfway: 48 points, 3 points clear, what a first half to the season.
giphy.gif

I thought the first half hour was the best we had played all season without scoring. McGradles had a really good game for me, he is a lot better player than Jones. When Mcgrandles has a bad game at least he gets stuck in. Bridcutt and Grant were excellent along with Eyoma.

The foundations for that victory were well and truly laid in the opening 15 minutes. The way we went at them, attacking with pace and intent sent out an undeniable message of confidence and purpose. The impact it had on Pompey could be measured by the two bookings and sending off.

That then gave us the control and we had to adapt our game slightly with Portsmouth sitting deeper to find a different way through. We should have been ahead at half time and were only denied by a fantastic piece of defending and a fingertip save onto the bar.

An experienced Pompey side re grouped to make it difficult but Imps plugged away and passed the challenge with a glorious outcome.

YESSSSS - oh we made hard work of it towards the end and tried really hard to give it away, but credit to Portsmouth - they kept battling and it must have been so hard for them. We got the three points, that’s the important thing. Back to the top of the table 👏👏👏. Bring on Donny.
Donny possibly the biggest threat - 2 games in hand and 6 points back. A win for us would be massive.