Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1124 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I watched a bit of the bundesliga during the original lockdown, it was OK but apart from the top few clubs i.e. Bayern and Dortmund it’s nowhere near the prem in terms of intensity, I think with the money involved now the PL has pulled away from the rest of the European leagues
Summed up nicely by Danvilla as just a German Scott Hogan

Liverpool have shot themselves in the foot with their transfer policy of late. Pretty shocking to see some of the players they're fielding. Recruitment hasn't been good enough at the back.

Wednesday playing well. Very much like a prem league team. Hard to believe they are 2nd from bottom in the championship and Newcastle who are a shite team playing in the premiership !!

I know they're winning but Chelsea's summer business baffles me. How is Ziyech a step up from Barkley or even Loftus Cheek? I can't even tell what position Werner is meant to be playing in. Hudson Odoi came on and made an immediate improvement, setting up Abraham.

Seems to me they've regressed since last season with their bright sparks, minus maybe their new keeper, Chilwell and Thiago Silva, all being players that were already at the club.

If you could pull Hudson-Odoi away from them you'd have a player. He is the most direct player they have. The group of lads they pulled off the continent just tap the ball around the play. At least Odoi is direct and runs at players. The only problem for him is that he is young and inconsistent and needs to go somewhere for a season.

I think Fat Frank will get the bullet in the summer and Nagelsman will come in. He'll probably get a tune out of the Germans. Abramovich is probably thinking ahead and playing a chess game, hoping that he'll have the hottest new manager around and a style of play no club has faced.

If you could pull Hudson-Odoi away from them you'd have a player. He is the most direct player they have. The group of lads they pulled off the continent just tap the ball around the play. At least Odoi is direct and runs at players. The only problem for him is that he is young and inconsistent and needs to go somewhere for a season.

I think Fat Frank will get the bullet in the summer and Nagelsman will come in. He'll probably get a tune out of the Germans. Abramovich is probably thinking ahead and playing a chess game, hoping that he'll have the hottest new manager around and a style of play no club has faced.

I think Frank will be gone some enough, by the summer at least. Then all the youngsters that Chelsea have been talking up will be replaced by expensive imports. Tammy, Odoi, Reece James, Mount, Tomori, Gilmour will all be loaned or sold within 2 years or be consigned to the bench.

Liverpool have shot themselves in the foot with their transfer policy of late. Pretty shocking to see some of the players they're fielding. Recruitment hasn't been good enough at the back.

I don't know if thats fair, they lost both their first-choice CBs, and for one reason or another Matip seems injury prone. The mistake is only having 3 senior centre backs and thinking Fabinho can drop in once in a while.

Klopps net spend I believe is one of, if not, the lowest in the league since he took charge. Something I read is that the owners of the club either don't have the liquidity of cash or are forcing an arbitrary sustainable financial model on the club. So what I mean is they simply don't have the cash position to spend big without selling first. Thats where our owners are simply one of the best in the league.

To be fair, Suarez was gone (July 2014) before Klopp pitched up (Oct 2015).

Although they have spent some serious money, it's nothing compared with the likes of City, United, Arsenal, etc.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ubs-ranked-by-net-spend-over-last-five-years/

They deserve credit for being more pragmatic than some of the other clubs but let’s not get too carried away, they’ve spent like crazy when they’ve wanted to just like anyone else. Net spend can at times be a bit misleading because it can be distorted by a small number of big deals and it’s not necessarily guaranteed that player sales are directly fed back into the transfer budget anyway

I don't know if thats fair, they lost both their first-choice CBs, and for one reason or another Matip seems injury prone. The mistake is only having 3 senior centre backs and thinking Fabinho can drop in once in a while.

Klopps net spend I believe is one of, if not, the lowest in the league since he took charge. Something I read is that the owners of the club either don't have the liquidity of cash or are forcing an arbitrary sustainable financial model on the club. So what I mean is they simply don't have the cash position to spend big without selling first. Thats where our owners are simply one of the best in the league.
Klopp doesn't buy the players, it's little to do with him. It might not be fair but that's what all my Liverpool supporting mates say. They've under invested at the back and it's biting them.

I wish we'd under invested at the back
keeper 60 mill
ch 75 mill

they spent 12 mill on a greek fella that can't get a game - heart bleeds for them.

tbf what they have done well is ship their junk on at extortionate prices (mainly to Bournemouth)