Coronavirus | Page 550 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

If the figures of 70% ish are/were right, then their theory holds some water AS LONG AS not having the second does within 14-21 doesn't then mess up the whole process / efficacy (as Pfizer seemed to be saying it could) but if not, then... arrgghhh

Fines of £800 for anyone attending a house party of more than 15 people will be introduced in England from next week, under new Covid measures.

These will double for each repeat offence to a maximum of £6,400.

At a No 10 news conference, Home Secretary Priti Patel said there remained a "small minority that refuse to do the right thing".

"To them my message is clear. If you don't follow rules then the police will enforce them," she said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55757807

Yes, was just coming on to post about that one 57.

I think it is a good idea IF it is means tested. There are those who simply can't afford to self isolate.

Ministers are to discuss proposals to pay anyone in England who tests positive for Covid-19 £500 to self-isolate.

It is among the suggestions in a leaked document from the Department of Health.
There are fears the current financial support is not working because low paid workers cannot afford to self-isolate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55760467

Do that, you get fined 10 times the £500.

I present to you sir, the carrot and the stick!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are they going to track the ones who have received the £500.

I know , why don't they use some kind of track and trace system !!!!!

Whatever happened to that ?

I can just imagine the druggies licking everything they can in the hope that they will catch it.

This has to be the stupidest solution they have come up with.

400 people at a Jewish wedding, you can't get your head around this stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55764673

The only thing I knew about this story before I had read the details, was that it wasn’t a Christian wedding. It’s all very well the Jewish community condemning it, but 400 is not a couple of people out of line, it’s a huge part of their community which tells you the arrogance, ignorance and just contempt for the authorities in the community on a big scale they need to sort out.

The only thing I knew about this story before I had read the details, was that it wasn’t a Christian wedding. It’s all very well the Jewish community condemning it, but 400 is not a couple of people out of line, it’s a huge part of their community which tells you the arrogance, ignorance and just contempt for the authorities in the community on a big scale they need to sort out.

Yup boarded the windows up so no one could see in as well ,so they were very aware of what they were doing.

Just defies belief that they thought they would get away with it as well.

Had to take junior 1 to school earlier so he could drop some exam work in.

I won't mind admitting there was a bit of a tear in my eye watching him and the other pupils all distancing, masks on being let in one by one then quickly dispersing away. Large hand washing sinks outside, anti- bac dispensers all over the place . The school as a whole deserted apart from a few teachers walking around with masks on.

Just not right is it ?. They shouldn't have to put up with this shit at their age . This is a huge life experience for them. Too easy to just shrug off and think they will all be alright . They need help. I guess some it might be the making of them .

On the way back we drove through the town.
Sigh.......

Firstly the school was fenced so why didn't the police stand by the gate and Nick all 400 of them.

Secondly this is a higher level of rule breaking IMO. Like first degree Covid ...with not wearing a mask in Sainsburys say second degree Covid.

The government is thinking of giving everyone who tests positive £500

I'd think again Boris ffs bloody clowns will be out trying to catch it to get 500 quid

I just read this.

I'm packing the family in the car as I type. We're off to Aldi to go and lick the counters! £2,500 towards the summer holiday! (y)