Transfer Window - January 2021 | Page 24 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2021

I'm told that two Spanish clubs want Winks, we are forcing him to stay and he can't go until the summer.

The same goes for Dele, who is telling friends that he's sick of being treated like this and wants out.

Supposedly both Son and Kane have agents inviting interest for the summer but in any case will not be signing new deals.

All gossip but I got told it from a super-agent, so there it is.

I'm told that two Spanish clubs want Winks, we are forcing him to stay and he can't go until the summer.

The same goes for Dele, who is telling friends that he's sick of being treated like this and wants out.

Supposedly both Son and Kane have agents inviting interest for the summer but in any case will not be signing new deals.

All gossip but I got told it from a super-agent, so there it is.
I would imagine that if there is anything that would force Levy's hand it is key players refusing to sign new contracts.

It happened at United with Martial etc.

I read all posts with interest. Generally I bow to much greater knowledge than mine albeit I’ve been watching Spurs play now for 67 years. Some might call it self flagellation!
I think that we should be braced for many of our favourites to move. Unfortunately our manager is rather like Donald Trump (wanted to say duck but...). In my view he is a narcissist. Everything is about him. Anyone, especially any player who gets a higher profile than him is relegated or put down verbally in public. Even Alfie Devine got shoved back to the youth team when everyone was showing loads of interest in him. Just like Trump sacked so many of his closest lieutenants so Jose will slowly get rid of any perceived threat. Stand by your beds!
However just like Trump he will go too far. All narcissists ( and Hitler was one too - I hate to mention his name but just as an illustration ) do go too far. They get their just desserts in the end. Hopefully Levy will see that JM is destroying some of our greatest assets and playing crap turgid football that upsets us supporters before there is total destruction. He can only live so long by chanting the mantra ‘look what I have won’ - note the I have won! A bit like Trump continuing to claim the election, it ends when he goes too far. In our case let us hope that a realisation comes soon to the powers that be and our great club is rescued.

I wish him all the luck in the world, hope it really works out for him:

Spurs set to part ways with defender
Tottenham have accepted Bournemouth's bid for centre-back Cameron Carter-Vickers.
United States international Carter-Vickers is midway through a season-long loan with the south coast club.
But the Cherries are keen to sign 23-year-old permanently and have tabled a seven-figure fee for his services.

Tottenham have accepted Bournemouth's bid for centre-back Cameron Carter-Vickers.
United States international Carter-Vickers is midway through a season-long loan with the south coast club.
But the Cherries are keen to sign 23-year-old permanently and have tabled a seven-figure fee for his services.

Saw an article speculating on Anthony Georgiou to AEL Limassol as well. I'm pleased the club are offloading a few of these older players. They need to get on with their careers and we need space for our kids to get though to the 1st team.

Listened to the cup game against Oldham on Radio Solent where CCV played his first game for Bournemouth, he got very positive responses from the commentators who gave him MoM, lot of positive posts on their Vitals Board

I thought he would've been long gone by now. He needed a move in order to resurrect his career.

Just been told we are now in negotiations to let Alli go. It's most likely PSG, but there is other strong interest from Germany - I couldn't find out who.

Well done Jose.

Very alarming whats happening. Dele beeing pushed out. Son not extending his contract. Today in training he was saying something like you want to stay here or go to Real Madrid? Alarm bells everywhere.

What I hate is seeing the same players that started the other night all training separately. Does that mean that’s his team again? Surely it’s not still a lighter practice for them after the match

How we missed out on Grealish, Madison and Eze proves that we do NOT do our scouting properly! Lamprey is next!

It proves that we think Lamela and Alli are better. NOT. Lamptey would feel he made a better choice of joining Brighton. Another opponent who schooled us on pass and move.

How we missed out on Grealish, Madison and Eze proves that we do NOT do our scouting properly! Lamprey is next!

We tried twice for Grealish and as Grealish said himself, the day he was going to sign for us, Villa got bought and the first action they took (wisely) was to block the sale - if we were at fault there it was because we couldn't move it quickly enough as they had no CEO and so who was placed temporary in charge - a fan! didn't have a clue what he was doing!

Madison said he finally turned us down when Poch wouldn't guarantee him week in week out football, and so went to his second choice at the time...(that's all his words) and Eze was a target but Jose decided he didn't want him.

So can't really see how we can lay any of those failures (and that's what they were) on the scout's heads.

We have 34 scouts across the country and a few more abroad, and we have access to all the key players databases, we don't miss that much, but ultimately it comes down to what the manager wants, all the scouts can do is put players forward that matches the profile of the requirement and who we have had an off the record conversation with their agent to suggest would they be interested in joining Spurs. Then it's all about affordability (likely fee, wages demanded etc) and suitability (character) checks, and finally the manager has to sign off on it..

Last edited: