Coronavirus | Page 546 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I think he is only saying what everyone is thinking and tbh at least he is saying what he thinks and not coming out with PR soundbites guff.

Anyway you have said worse about Keinan Davis.

Well, yes I understand he is saying what many of us are thinking but sorry a member of parliament should not be using the words prick and tool on social media whatever the circumstances. Completely undermines any stance his party makes on social media standards. Do as I say not as I do , again.

Pathetic attempt to sound ‘with it’. He should be sanctioned by his party for this. They need to be bigger and better than that I’m afraid in their position.

72% of black people won't take the vaccine. I don't know if the trend has continued but they were being hospitalised at a much higher proportion than the general population at the start of the pandemic.

A population that seems vulnerable to the virus and refuses to take the vaccine?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/16/covid-vaccine-black-people-unlikely-covid-jab-uk

I can’t see the whole article as it’s paywalled, but I am surprised it’s that high here and I would guess and hope actual take up is much higher.

You can lead the horse to water, but you can’t make the horse drink.

Last edited:
Looks like they sampled a load of idiots. Would be very alarming if that's representative.

Ultimately people who choose not to get vaccinated cannot complain if they get covid and look for other excuses as to why they're more likely to get it than others.

I’d be surprised if take up across any ethnicity was below 80%. The only exception is the travelling community who I suspect think they’re invincible

If you dont accept the vaccine just sign a declaration making you exempt from NHS support for anything Covid related.
Ban people from travelling out of their town. No foreign travel. Mandatory mask at all times.
See how many refuse then.

Although i can hear the human rights campaigners now..... bla bla bla

Head of the NHS on Andrew Marr said a quarter of all being hospitalised are under 50.

They should be making that far better known, I think I'm fairly well informed/well read/watching the news/we all discuss it here. I didn't know that. Did you?

Might stop a few more breaking the rules (not saying all under 50 are breaking the rules, just mean if it ups the % of people taking care, then great)

Communication is still poor.

I think there’s a strong correlation between intelligence and taking the vaccine. You have weigh up the risks of the vaccine which are probably one in hundreds of thousands versus the upsides, and anyone with some intelligence who isn’t led astray by crazy conspiracy theories should be pretty comfortable with taking it.

Anyway if it moves me further up the queue from June/July I’ll take it.