Sky claim Eriksen wants back.. | Vital Football

Sky claim Eriksen wants back..

Spursex

Alert Team
Christian Eriksen keen to return to Tottenham from Inter Milan in January

Christian Eriksen was made available for transfer this month after struggling to break into Antonio Conte's plans; Denmark international joined Inter Milan for £16.9m last January but has been restricted to just 39 appearances; Antonio Conte has told Eriksen he needs to show character

Saturday 16 January 2021 18:35, UK

Christian Eriksen is keen on returning to Tottenham this month with his former club interested in taking the Inter Milan midfielder on loan.
The Denmark international has been made available for transfer after struggling to break into Antonio Conte's plans since joining the Serie A club from Spurs - less than12 months ago.

Eriksen has been restricted to just 39 appearances and has played only 13 times in all competitions this season, failing to score or claim a single assist.

Inter are open to a loan deal for Eriksen as the Italian club think it will put him in the shop window, and potentially increase his transfer value should they sell him in the summer.

There have been no formal discussions between the two clubs over a deal for Eriksen.

Inter's stance could complicate matters, with the Italian club believed to have already priced out some interested parties with their loan fee.

Conte has privately told Eriksen he needs to show character in this situation and that he wants him to be Inter's playmaker.

Eriksen played the whole of the 2-1 Coppa Italia win against Fiorentina on Wednesday. Inter play Juventus on Sunday in Serie A.

Speaking on Eriksen's situation last year, Inter Milan chief executive Giuseppe Marotta said: "Conte has already spoken about it thoroughly. I can just add that we do not certainly have to force a player to stay when he asks to leave.

"We will have to evaluate the situation. Now he is available for Conte, who has been making him play in [Eriksen's] respect and in the club's respect.

"Up to now, we have not received any request from Eriksen, but at the right time we will try to find the right combinations."

Last edited:
I’d take him back on loan for the rest of the season in a heartbeat.

He’ll definitely go on loan somewhere as he’ll need games before the Euros.

He's not up to speed, he's really had little football recently and sadly looks like his decline hasn't been arrested.

As desperate as we are for goals from Midfield, we surely can't afford another passenger who uses us to get fit?

He's not up to speed, he's really had little football recently and sadly looks like his decline hasn't been arrested.

As desperate as we are for goals from Midfield, we surely can't afford another passenger who uses us to get fit?

Fair point ex but I don’t think he’d be another Bale. He ran the game for Denmark against England in October.

Maybe I’m just desperate at this stage.

No point Marmite will play him as often as he does Bale as he is defensively lazy as well........anyway Christ is a sulky person and could well throw his playing toys out of the pram again.....not for me.

Depends on which Eriksen is to return. A short term loan would make sense as a cheapish and relatively safe cover whilst the long term future of Dele is decided with a loan to PSG. If we don't have much to spend in this window it might be the only way we are going to attempt to improve on the options we have for the closing stretch.

The Bale situation has seriously soured my 'loan' appreciation. If you are asking do i want ANOTHER very epensive loan then i would say no, not at all.

However, as others have pointed out, if it was a case of Dele moving to PSG on loan and his 'savings' covering the Eriksen loan then yes i would say thats a solid move.

Things to consider

I think Dele earns a lot less than Eriksen. I reckon 50% less. If we have to pay then no, i dont think Eriksen is worth anymore per week than Dele.

If Dele has a success out in France then i truly hope he gets his move, we cant be arseholes about it.

If Eriksen is a success at Spurs, thus benefitting Eriksen & Inter i bet a pound to a pinch of shit he would move on to the next big thing and wouldnt give Spurs a second thought.

Personally, with the rejuvinated Ndombele beside Hojbjerg i am wondering if a space for Dele might be there in the advanced midfield position. I would give Dele another chance before trying to rescue Eriksen from his money based nightmare

If the move came about at least he wouldn't have to face the fans reactions in the stadium with his performance before he left and how he engineered his move