Jan Transfer Window | Page 24 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

So the carried over debt of 62m did not exist then?

The accounts posted are completely wrong and you are right.

I don't pretend to know much about this, but from what I can see ND paid £11 million to buy Forest. Note 30 0f the 2012 accounts state that the club owed ND £72 million plus £13 million in interest. Guess over the years he was paid a salary, but he must have incurred some genuine interest on loans.

So lets say 11 plus 72 = 83 plus £96 million profit means Hasawi bought the club for circa £180 million pounds ????????

A) you said made, that implies profit. Glad you're walking back your first bit of bullshit.

B) show them lol show 96m in payments to the Doughty estate. Quite simply no it does not exist, the purchase price was loaded onto the club by Fawaz but everything else was written off.

Its not bullshit

You know full well how it works; when a business that is heavily in debt is sold; the purchaser takes on the debt and pays a nominal fee of £1 to satisfy HMRC.

That does not mean that £1 is the sum total paid.

The accounts clearly show 62.9m was carried over in debt; all of that debt was owed to the Doughty Estate and was secured by a charge, which was satisfied on 16th March 2016.

All from a shit transfer policy; great work if you can get it.

Bexon is head of operations, Jeff from the little I know did a bit of this and that.

No, he was definitely Operations Manager; the last email I received from him, which was just before the first lockdown, had his new job title below his name; he was promoted from being Concessions Supervisor in the Ticket Office.

He worked for Alan Bexon who is Head of Operations.

Jeff was not on the who's who list but Bexon is:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/club/club-contacts/whos-who/

Club Services

Head of Finance - John Taylor

Head of Operations - Alan Bexon

HR Manager - Kimberley Lawton

Grounds Manager - Ewan Hunter

Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer - Julian Taylor

Its not bullshit

You know full well how it works; when a business that is heavily in debt is sold; the purchaser takes on the debt and pays a nominal fee of £1 to satisfy HMRC.

That does not mean that £1 is the sum total paid.

The accounts clearly show 62.9m was carried over in debt; all of that debt was owed to the Doughty Estate and was secured by a charge, which was satisfied on 16th March 2016.

All from a shit transfer policy; great work if you can get it.

The debt was written off lol show the Doughty estate receiving 96m. Not complicated, you made an assertion back it up!

So have you given up on them making 96m from the club? Now it's just a repayment, which didn't happen but hey ho.

The debt was written off lol show the Doughty estate receiving 96m. Not complicated, you made an assertion back it up!

So have you given up on them making 96m from the club? Now it's just a repayment, which didn't happen but hey ho.

The article below says ND paid £11 million to buy Forest, and had put more than £100 million into the club. Probably not quite right (though it's hard to tell) but ties in with the figures I worked out above. For the Doughty family to have made £96 million, the Hasawi's must have paid them circa £180 million (nearly £200 million according to the BBC). Always thought ND was a decent owner, and we had several decent years under his ownership. Seems rather unfair to his family to say they made a massive profit out of the club if it's not true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-18017744

Still intrigued how the owners of a club that doesn't own its own ground use "amortisation to line their pockets" too.

Last edited:

In the first set of accounts filed by Fawaz it states:

"NE Doughty and the Estate of NE Doughty (Deceased) have advanced a loan to the Company in the year totalling £7,699,000. The balance outstanding at 31st May 2012 was 85,306,000 of which 11,405,000 was interest incurred but not paid"

"This loan is secured by a debenture over all of the Companies assets"

(85.3m less 11.4m less 7.699m should give you the amount carried over, which is effectively the sale price, less any interest the earned over the next two years)

According to the following years accounts 20m of that debt was paid back.

According to the following years accounts all but 20m had been paid back

The outstanding amount was paid up on 8th March 2016 satisfying the debenture in full.

So, what we have is a set of legal documents stating one thing and you stating another; that means there is only one conclusion we can reach:

All of the people at Companies House have Mental Health issues.

In the first set of accounts filed by Fawaz it states:

"NE Doughty and the Estate of NE Doughty (Deceased) have advanced a loan to the Company in the year totalling £7,699,000. The balance outstanding at 31st May 2012 was 85,306,000 of which 11,405,000 was interest incurred but not paid"

"This loan is secured by a debenture over all of the Companies assets"

(85.3m less 11.4m less 7.699m should give you the amount carried over, which is effectively the sale price, less any interest the earned over the next two years)

According to the following years accounts 20m of that debt was paid back.

According to the following years accounts all but 20m had been paid back

The outstanding amount was paid up on 8th March 2016 satisfying the debenture in full.

So, what we have is a set of legal documents stating one thing and you stating another; that means there is only one conclusion we can reach:

All of the people at Companies House have Mental Health issues.

It was written off, as I suspected you have 0 evidence otherwise.

If it had been paid it would have been loaded onto the club as debt as the purchase price was.

Now thats repayment in full which didn't happen but it's still not making 96m. If I lend you a tenner and you pay it to me back have I made 10 quid???? Lol

The article below says ND paid £11 million to buy Forest, and had put more than £100 million into the club. Probably not quite right (though it's hard to tell) but ties in with the figures I worked out above. For the Doughty family to have made £96 million, the Hasawi's must have paid them circa £180 million (nearly £200 million according to the BBC). Always thought ND was a decent owner, and we had several decent years under his ownership. Seems rather unfair to his family to say they made a massive profit out of the club if it's not true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-18017744

Still intrigued how the owners of a club that doesn't own its own ground use "amortisation to line their pockets" too.

Yeah he's full of shit. ND undoubtedly had flaws but for some mug to claim his family made 100m from the club is just delusional.

If he thinks Fawaz paid 100m, let alone 200m he needs his head wobbling.

It was written off, as I suspected you have 0 evidence otherwise.

If it had been paid it would have been loaded onto the club as debt as the purchase price was.

Now thats repayment in full which didn't happen but it's still not making 96m. If I lend you a tenner and you pay it to me back have I made 10 quid???? Lol

Its all there in the accounts; the debt was rolled over and secured against a debenture in the name of Withers Trust Corporation Limited in its capacity of Executors of the Estate of Nigel Doughty.

Fawaz was not happy with that, he had to borrow more from the Estate.

Its all there in the accounts; the debt was rolled over and secured against a debenture in the name of Withers Trust Corporation Limited in its capacity of Executors of the Estate of Nigel Doughty.

Fawaz was not happy with that, he had to borrow more from the Estate.

So you think he paid 200m for the club so the estate made 96m, or that he paid 100m assuming you misspoke?

But Fawaz kindly never mentioned it, nor ever loaded the debt onto the club unlike the purchase price.

What a thoroughly nice chap eh?

Looking forward to the accounts to back up this 96m payment lol

I'll be gutted to see him go to be honest. We need to be building this team with Joe in it. Due to the ridiculous recruitment a price needs to be paid by the looks of it. Celtic fans say Duffy is awful. Not say Houghton cant get a tune out of him but it's just unsettling the team again at a crucial time. Just when it was starting to look a bit more settled.

If Wozza is sold in this window this greek mob deserve to experience league 1 just for the sheer stupidness of past recruitment and appointing absolute charlatans in roles that wouldn't look out of place during Fawaz's era.

So you think he paid 200m for the club so the estate made 96m, or that he paid 100m assuming you misspoke?

But Fawaz kindly never mentioned it, nor ever loaded the debt onto the club unlike the purchase price.

What a thoroughly nice chap eh?

Looking forward to the accounts to back up this 96m payment lol

Look, you cannot stand the fact that your best mate, who was allegedly a massive supporter of the Club, employed a disastrous recruitment policy which ran up huge paper debts and in doing so lined his own pockets and those of his family.

You might not agree or like the fact but it is all there in the accounts in black and white - the debt carried over - the repayments - the debentures - all accounted for, all audited and all legally binding.

You can try and blur the issue with wild claim after wild claim if you like, but it does not wash.

There were rumours that Fig wanted to leave in January as well

Both Fig & Ribeiro were very unsettled, especially with the way Carvalho was treated.

The whole covid situation has made it worse, as I believe their families have moved back or stayed in Portugal & neither are now able to go & see them.

Silva made it clear he wanted to go, mystery injury & then sold to Oly.... nice profit though.

If a reasonable offer comes in for either, then don't be shocked to see them go - but, both should make a profit (based upon what we paid).

I'll be gutted to see him go to be honest. We need to be building this team with Joe in it. Due to the ridiculous recruitment a price needs to be paid by the looks of it. Celtic fans say Duffy is awful. Not say Houghton cant get a tune out of him but it's just unsettling the team again at a crucial time. Just when it was starting to look a bit more settled.

If Wozza is sold in this window this greek mob deserve to experience league 1 just for the sheer stupidness of past recruitment and appointing absolute charlatans in roles that wouldn't look out of place during Fawaz's era.

If Duffy wasn't awful, then why would we be signing him?