NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 385 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that. I’m just basing it off the report on here from a few days ago that a bid had been accepted - which you’d hope would mean that it’s at a pretty advanced stage, and that the rest can’t be too far away in terms of proof of funds and whatever else is needed of the bidders.

I’m especially time-conscious given Frampton’s previous confidence about how quickly the process would be if he and his group were at the reins, which they are now it seems.

Nixon said proof of funds is still being checked in Hong Kong for Frampton. EFL fit and proper test wont start until that is done.

Proof of funds apparently looks at not just how much money is there, but how long it has been there and how it was originally generated. That was one of the issues with the Spanish proof of funding.

Nixon said proof of funds is still being checked in Hong Kong for Frampton. EFL fit and proper test wont start until that is done.

Proof of funds apparently looks at not just how much money is there, but how long it has been there and how it was originally generated. That was one of the issues with the Spanish proof of funding.

I can't help but think, if true, that the EFL seem to be making these regulations and what is required as they go along.
We've seen numerous clubs, including ourselves, bought by people & groups who have taken out loans & there's been no problem or queries with how long its been there & how it's been generated. I was only reading last week that the new owners of Burnley (albeit I acknowledge they're premier league & not EFL) have borrowed a significant sum of the purchase price from that Michael Dell group (MSD UK Holdings). That's not the owners money, hasn't been in his account long, is likely to come with high interest etc.. & it's waived through
Not saying its a bad thing as such but it does seem to be any rumour that surfaces involves any potential bidder having to jump through far more hoops that any other club when someone buys them

Seems the admins have placed a £1m price tag on young Kyle - if they can get that with 6 months left on his contract sadly he needs to go to see us through to the end of the season.
Pity they didn't take the same approach with Joffy, Weir and Devine....!
Hope they take the same approach with McGurk who Leeds are in for - hoping for another steal no doubt.

Selling Joseph for a mil will be a huge blue with his potential but It won't be even close to bad business comparing the admins previous sales. What is important is that we offered him or matched the contract at other clubs.

Selling Joseph for a mil will be a huge blue with his potential but It won't be even close to bad business comparing the admins previous sales. What is important is that we offered him or matched the contract at other clubs.
We cannot match contracts at Rangers,Celtic or any League One clubs sadly

Blackpool? We could possibly match, but considering the other teams then it is understandable. I just hope Kyle will atleast stick around with Gregor, and he is getting games and has become a hero here too. As long as the admins don't dwindle us further though..

TBH if Kyle is intent on a move, and hopefully he decides to stay, a move up to Scotland would not be a bad move for him, or for us, as he is likely to get more first team football with Celtic or Rangers than he would with a move to a PL club. That would then trigger any add on clauses inserted in his transfer sooner.

If I were advising him, and trying hard to be neutral, I would genuinely advise him to extend his contract at Wigan for a couple of seasons and be more or less guaranteed regular first team football, develop with Gregor Rioch at the academy and look for a big move after a season in L1.

I had started to believe that we could miraculously escape the drop. However, if we let Pearce, Joseph and Keane go, the writing is on the wall.

Cue predictable response.."at least we'll have a club"!....a club maybe, but what sort of team?

All this interest in our academy players just makes me realise more and more how close we were to having a home grown Premier league team, I genuinely believe that. I spent a lot of time taking my kid watching the various academy teams last season when we were more often than not playing the opposition off the park! Choi and Yeung you really do have a lot to answer for!

All this interest in our academy players just makes me realise more and more how close we were to having a home grown Premier league team, I genuinely believe that. I spent a lot of time taking my kid watching the various academy teams last season when we were more often than not playing the opposition off the park! Choi and Yeung you really do have a lot to answer for!

Think there's a level of naivety in that comment. Before we hit admin not one academy player in the last decade has played consistently. They have played as we've had no choice rather than design and there's not a chance the likes of Joseph would have got near the first team this season in the championship. Gelhardt was supposed to be the pick of the bunch but struggled at times in the Championship and there's a massive difference again in the Premier League than the League we are in now. Remember Reece James in the Championship was a similar age and none are at that level from what I've seen. Joseph has scored in two games. The hatrick however impressive was against the worst team in the league. If someone wants to offer silly money we won't be in a position to refuse it.

Thing is we run out of money in a month and we know admin will take whatever they can get no matter how low the price.

Only reason any bid hasn't been accepted is because they believe they can get more. If admin are still here and any last minute bids come in when the window is about to shut it will likely be accepted.

I can't help but think, if true, that the EFL seem to be making these regulations and what is required as they go along.
We've seen numerous clubs, including ourselves, bought by people & groups who have taken out loans & there's been no problem or queries with how long its been there & how it's been generated. I was only reading last week that the new owners of Burnley (albeit I acknowledge they're premier league & not EFL) have borrowed a significant sum of the purchase price from that Michael Dell group (MSD UK Holdings). That's not the owners money, hasn't been in his account long, is likely to come with high interest etc.. & it's waived through
Not saying its a bad thing as such but it does seem to be any rumour that surfaces involves any potential bidder having to jump through far more hoops that any other club when someone buys them

I am glad they are doing it, I just wish they'd have done this level of scrutiny for Yeung. If they did we probably wouldn't have be in this mess.

TBH if Kyle is intent on a move, and hopefully he decides to stay, a move up to Scotland would not be a bad move for him, or for us, as he is likely to get more first team football with Celtic or Rangers than he would with a move to a PL club. That would then trigger any add on clauses inserted in his transfer sooner.

If I were advising him, and trying hard to be neutral, I would genuinely advise him to extend his contract at Wigan for a couple of seasons and be more or less guaranteed regular first team football, develop with Gregor Rioch at the academy and look for a big move after a season in L1.

Celtic and any other Scottish or foreign club can now sign Kyle Joseph on a pre contract. Therefore signing him on a free. With no add ons.
Kyles best bet is stay at Wigan for a season or 2 and give himself some stability.

I am glad they are doing it, I just wish they'd have done this level of scrutiny for Yeung. If they did we probably wouldn't have be in this mess.

I'd argue that if they had done this level of scrutiny of Au Yeung and rejected him then we would already be dead. Au Yeung would have liquidated us anyway (he would still have been the owner - the EFL couldn't prevent that) and the only thing of value - our EFL membership - would no longer exist.
As I've said before, thank god for the previous incompetence of the EFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.