US Politics Thread | Page 576 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

There's reports that certain Republican members of Congress gave tours around the capitol building to people involved in the "invasion" in the days before January 6th. Also several Democrats claiming the panic buttons in their offices had been removed beforehand. If true it points to definite collusion between the rioters, some of the police on site and some republican politicians. They'll try it again if not punished properly. Ffs one of them was live tweeting the location of Pelosi to her followers as the rampaged around and she's still somehow a congresswoman.

The contact details of Ted Cruz were found in the truck of the one with 11 Molotov cocktails.

There is one thing about this whole mess that the Democrats and their supporters don't understand.

The Democrats were the party of the working class until Clinton. They were pro-union and pro-workers' rights. Clinton abandoned that position to court Wall Street, Silicon Valley and PhD holders. Now the Democrats are the party of the elite. They hate the working class, especially the white working class who they abandoned.

If they hadn't rigged the primary in 2016, Bernie would have won the election.

75m people voted for Trump. They showed up in record numbers to put one in on Nancy Pelosi and all of the other Democrats who abandoned them, look down on them and really hate them.

Biden really needs to bring these people back into the fold with policies that are going to make a significant material difference to their lives.

I suspect that he won't and that this is only going to get worse.

Last edited:
There is one thing about this whole mess that the Democrats and their supporters don't understand.

The Democrats were the party of the working class until Clinton. They were pro-union and pro-workers' rights. Clinton abandoned that position to court Wall Street, Silicon Valley and PhD holders. Now the Democrats are the party of the elite. They hate the working class, especially the white working class who they abandoned.

If the hadn't rigged the election in 2016, Bernie would have won.

75m people voted for Trump. They showed up in record numbers to put one in on Nancy Pelosi and all of the other Democrats who abandoned them, look down on them and really hate them.

Biden really needs to bring these people back into the fold with policies that are going to make a significant material difference to their lives.

That's the longer con than the Trump con. The idea that the Republicans are standing up for workers. It is an emotional con. The reality is much different. An example is Obamacare where people were literally voting against there own interests. Hi pay for manual workers will never return, Democrats or Republicans

I don't see why Democrats can't stand up for Wall Street and the people. Is it an either/or situation?

You'd think so, wouldn't you. Still, you look at how things have worked out over the past 30 years and it looks like they can't or more likely won't.

They hate the white working class in the same way that the British upper class hates the working class and sticks the boot in at every opportunity.

You'd think so, wouldn't you. Still, you look at how things have worked out over the past 30 years and it looks like they can't or more likely won't.

They hate the white working class in the same way that the British upper class hates the working class and sticks the boot in at every opportunity.

Isn't it just that Presidents like Obama had a Republican Senate for most of their terms, preventing them passing the legislation they really wanted?

It's a strange system they have. Most of the time, neither party can get anything done.

Such a surprise from the turtle!

Yeah my post was on the back of him wibbling about the wall being torn down - he's only built something 400miles and even a lot of that has simply been replace/repair.

All the usual bullshit but unless he's learnt how to properly act a speech....he looked massively drained and beaten to me. That inane spark had gone - there was no little glint in his eye as he said Biden would have to worry more about the 25th.

He was just flat from what I saw.

The McCarthy transcript was also stark...I'm wondering if it's got through.

Technically he only built 47 new miles, the rest was repair/rebuild so there's that.

Isn't it just that Presidents like Obama had a Republican Senate for most of their terms, preventing them passing the legislation they really wanted?

It's a strange system they have. Most of the time, neither party can get anything done.

YES! Mitch and his buddies said from day one they would not let any progressive bill that Obama wanted pass the senate. Look at how many times they tried to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) which wanted to make healthcare more accessible and affordable to all Americans. It has made it to the Supreme Court 3 times.

Do not be fooled by the Republicans they do not give a shite about the working class. They only care about their wealthy donors, I mean supporters. The democrats are the ones that are pushing for better, more afforadable heath care, a living wage, cheaper education and equality for all. They believe the top 1% and major corporations should be taxed at a higher percentage. The republicans have no interest in that.

It is a strange system. It is a broken system. We need more than two political parties.

We are on the cusp. Will Mitch (for once being useful) save us from Trump running again and by that probably split the GOP. Creating a new Tea Party (the Trump Party - setting up Don Jr running in 2024?).

These are monumental times over there.

If they hadn't rigged the primary in 2016, Bernie would have won the election.

I agree and Biden won't bring the working class onside, he is emphatically not a champion of the working class and he will continue the neo-liberal agenda. That's all he has ever really stood for, better than Trump though...

I agree and Biden won't bring the working class onside, he is emphatically not a champion of the working class and he will continue the neo-liberal agenda. That's all he has ever really stood for, better than Trump though...

His whole agenda is about taxing the rich (>$400,000 pa) and using that to help the working classes. Why do you think he doesn't champion them?