Coronavirus | Page 540 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Problem with daily briefings is people switch off, not all people but a good proportion.

Agreed, but it sort of made things feel like the country was on 'war footings'.

They went from every day, to none. Should have been 2, or 3, a week.

I never even know when they are put on now, they are so random.

A friend of ours is deaf and has got a proper exemption certificate, from the, Drs to say why she needs people to remove there masks to speak to her. She wears in on a landyard round her neck

Her husband wears a see through mask so she can try and read off that.

She also has a medical exemption from her Dr on a landyard from her Dr as to why she isn't wearing a mask. She does use a visor though for some protection

Good, brief, email from the CEO of Sainsbury today asking people to shop alone, and pushing people to use masks.

What I liked it is there was no waffle, more an instruction/s

Dear ********,
I have spent a lot of time in our stores over the past few days and I need to ask for your help with two key issues to keep you and all my colleagues safe.

When shopping in our stores, you must wear a mask or visor unless you have a medical exemption. And you should also shop on your own. Thank you for your support.

Security guards will support our colleagues at the front of store and will challenge customers who are not wearing masks or who are shopping in groups. I know you’ll understand and support what we are trying to do.

We have also significantly reduced the number of customers allowed in our stores at any one time to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.

Together, these steps will go a long way to keep everyone safe, whether you are shopping or working with us.

Please wear a mask or visor and please shop alone in our stores. Thank you for helping us to keep everyone safe.

Best wishes

Simon

I've ******* my name to protect my identity :lol::lol::lol:

Agreed, but it sort of made things feel like the country was on 'war footings'.

They went from every day, to none. Should have been 2, or 3, a week.

I never even know when they are put on now, they are so random.

A true leader would have been banging the lectern TELLING people they are killing people. Showing images and facts.....condemning all the people inc his colleagues who bend rules.

It's shocking how blasé that they have been over the staggering number of deaths.

A true leader would have been banging the lectern TELLING people they are killing people. Showing images and facts.....condemning all the people inc his colleagues who bend rules.

It's shocking how blasé that they have been over the staggering number of deaths.

And hence, we are top five in the death rate statistics. And sadly, some of our thick, selfish, tossers, NEED shouting at to get the message through their skulls.

Good, brief, email from the CEO of Sainsbury today asking people to shop alone, and pushing people to use masks.

Dear ********,
I have spent a lot of time in our stores over the past few days and I need to ask for your help with two key issues to keep you and all my colleagues safe.

When shopping in our stores, you must wear a mask or visor unless you have a medical exemption. And you should also shop on your own. Thank you for your support.

Security guards will support our colleagues at the front of store and will challenge customers who are not wearing masks or who are shopping in groups. I know you’ll understand and support what we are trying to do.

We have also significantly reduced the number of customers allowed in our stores at any one time to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.

Together, these steps will go a long way to keep everyone safe, whether you are shopping or working with us.

Please wear a mask or visor and please shop alone in our stores. Thank you for helping us to keep everyone safe.

Best wishes

Simon

I thought he wrote “Dear C***”

Ireland has had 10,100 confirmed cases per million people in the last seven days, according to the latest data released by Bloomberg and collated by Johns Hopkins, the WHO and other organisations.
This rate makes Ireland the most Covid-infected nation in the world in the past week.

https://www.independent.ie/news/ire...-the-world-over-past-seven-days-39954862.html

I'm keeping a very low profile!
They have more inhabitants as a % living overseas than any other country on the planet, so when they all fly home for Xmas hey presto !

Dear ********,

Best wishes

Simon

It’s not a stereotypical Sainsbury’s CEO email is it, I like it but much more direct than other CEO’s. Funnily enough someone was saying that he would be different from the previous leaders as his background is different from. Coupe and that shows there.

It’s not a stereotypical Sainsbury’s CEO email is it, I like it but much more direct than other CEO’s. Funnily enough someone was saying that he would be different from the previous leaders as his background is different from. Coupe and that shows there.

More human, less fluffy, and I think more hard hitting.

Speaking plainly now is long overdue.

Found the older post about the tests.

What is good is if it says positive, then it is nigh on totally accurate. And I guess cutting out 2/3rds is better than none:

Oh dear. Watching a Newsnight section on the mass testing and it looks far more patchy and problematic than I thought and they are telling us.

Lateral flow tests have cost the UK half a billion to produce.

Gov say 72% accurate, so obviously 1 in 3 missed, BUT this is only when performed in a lab, not how they are being used in most places for the rapid test

New info when used in Liv shows they are 50% accurate, so 2 out of 4 and yet, you will then have been told you are virus free giving you the confidence to carry on with normal life. They are still only showing up a 2/3rds and remember, these are the tests used to give people permission to go and hug their relatives in care homes (heartbreaking situation that btw, just heartbreaking)

AND they work best on the highly infectious. One expert on this segment said the asymptomatic ones are very hard to pick up on in tests.

So despite these tests being ramped up and costing a fortune, they aren't really working.

Sheffield and Greater Manchester have already said they won't use the later tests for permission to go into care homes.

Spit test .. Lamp Tests

Also not accurate enough, which is a shame because obviously they are easy to do.

Hundreds of millions of pounds have been spent.

Gov say 79% detected, missing one in 5.

Significant variation depending on where the tests are taken/expertise of the centres using them.

Dr Angela Raffle Bristol Uni says the use of these tests could be increasing the rate of infection as much as it might decrease. The downside being you are telling infectious people they aren't infectious.

Gov were asked and said they are standing behind the accuracy.

Oh dear, oh dear.

Never simple is it?