Arsenal v Newcastle | Page 4 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Newcastle

So after 120 minutes of "Football" SDU managed a whopping 2 shots on target! Oooooooo thrilling excitement. I'm however on episode 6 of Cobra Kai which is far more entertaining.

Today confirmed a few things:
Joelinton is useless and a waste of space.
Our midfield is totally uncreative.
Ritchie runs around a lot but cannot cross a ball. He either hits the first defender or balloons it over everyone. Waste of space.
Our attack outside of Wilson is hopeless.
Full backs are not defensively that good
Dubravka is an excellent keeper.
Longstaff does nothing for me.
Anderson looks a decent prospect, good control and not over awed.
Saw Arteta giving his players a good talking to in extra time, nothing from Bruce. Relegation battle looming

To be fair the two shots we had should have been goals and then we would have won. Yes we were not great but I thought Arsenal were average aswell. Typical the lad given a reprieve on a red card scores the decisive goal. Oh well more grief for me from Arsenal supporters down here who know fuck all about football and winge on all the time, wankers!

For me Arsenal were very poor but got better as they made replacements. We were also very poor but had nothing to change the game really. Lascelles was even worse than I remembered. Young Anderson looks canny but I am sure Bruce will soon coach that out of him. We should have had Wilson to bring on in extra time. But of course Bruce never expected it to get that far. At least they had a bit of a go I suppose.

For me Arsenal were very poor but got better as they made replacements. We were also very poor but had nothing to change the game really. Lascelles was even worse than I remembered. Young Anderson looks canny but I am sure Bruce will soon coach that out of him. We should have had Wilson to bring on in extra time. But of course Bruce never expected it to get that far. At least they had a bit of a go I suppose.

Genuinely interested to hear why you single out Lascelles CTM...

It was nil nil at half time when he went off

What about Krafth looking like he was running through treacle?

What about Clarke's mistake leading directly to the first goal?

What exactly was it in that first 45 minutes that made you think that was the worse Lascelles performance you can remember?

Last edited:

What about Krafth looking like he was running through treacle all game?

What exactly was it in that first 45 minutes that made you think that was the worse Lascelles performance you can remember?

Didn't captain fantastic get booked after only 8 minutes?

What about Krafth looking like he was running through treacle?

I didn't compare him with any other player. I stated (and I quote) "Lascelles was even worse than I remembered". Which is true.

Aye - is a booking now a direct reflection of performance?

He 'took one for the team' for me and stopped someone getting through on goal

That's his job isnt it?

His job is not to get himself booked within the first 8 minutes by diving in. Defenders get told from day one, DON'T DIVE IN! that's exactly what he did. So he's thick as fuck as well as being shit. Then has to be careful not to make another mistimed tackle or he's off. Not that it would hinder his game much as he constantly stands off and doesn't close down anyway.

Me neither.

Your reply didn't relate to my post at all

I hadn't said that you had compared him with other players, I asked why you had singled him out when other players didn't have a good game - I also asked you to explain why that was the worse game you can remember him playing - what was so bad about it?

It was a genuine question for the sake of discussion

Last edited:
Your reply didn't relate to my post at all

I hadn't said that you had compared him with other players, I asked why you had singled him out when other players didn't have a good game - I also asked you to explain why that was the worse game you can remember him playing - what was so bad about it?

It was a genuine question for the sake of discussion

You are over thinking it mate. Quite simply I hadn't seen the lad play for a while and he was worse than I remembered. I am already quite aware of how poor some of the others are. I guess I "singled him out" because he hasn't played for a while.

"What was so bad about it" is a fair question. For me his positioning is poor. He just invites problems by not reading the game and seldom being in the right place to make the job easier. As we all know the lad doesn't really have the mobility to recover when he finds himself on the wrong side of things. Of course he may be lacking a bit of fitness. Hopefully he can do better.