The Louie Barry Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Louie Barry Thread

I wonder what the likelihood of this lad making his first team debut before the end of the season is. I'd imagine we'll see a lot of him if we are in the championship next season.

I wonder what the likelihood of this lad making his first team debut before the end of the season is. I'd imagine we'll see a lot of him if we are in the championship next season.

Hopefully none. Thrusting him into the Premier League level is one thing, doing that in an underperforming side in a relegation battle as well is asking a bit much in my opinion.

If we’re miraculously safe then giving him some game time to let him feel his way into this level would be fine. However I can’t see us being safe much before the last game of the season.

Yup, we've got to stop Emperor's new clothing youngsters. It was only 2 years ago Jack was dogshit for some and nothing but a playboy. For others he was the second coming of a mad breed between Pele, Hoddle, Luis Figo and add 20 other names to the list.

Baz will get his chance when he deserves his chance. IF we are mathematically safe this season for the final game or two, I'd give him 10 off the bench to give him the taste and show him the differences. Otherwise absolutely not.

Vassilev has done well but also shown why he shouldn't have been an option. We have to stop expecting things too quickly.

Yup, we've got to stop Emperor's new clothing youngsters. It was only 2 years ago Jack was dogshit for some and nothing but a playboy. For others he was the second coming of a mad breed between Pele, Hoddle, Luis Figo and add 20 other names to the list.

Baz will get his chance when he deserves his chance. IF we are mathematically safe this season for the final game or two, I'd give him 10 off the bench to give him the taste and show him the differences. Otherwise absolutely not.

Vassilev has done well but also shown why he shouldn't have been an option. We have to stop expecting things too quickly.
But I want it now Mike, now I tell ya. Put them in the team, if they're good enough, they're old enough - and if they are not world beaters we can all call them dogshite on here.

But I want it now Mike, now I tell ya. Put them in the team, if they're good enough, they're old enough - and if they are not world beaters we can all call them dogshite on here.

The irony being I'm someone who calls for youngsters to get more time and have done for 20yrs! lol

But in doing that, they will be great (no fear - not JF) for a game and utterly dogshit for the next 3. It's a process and we have always never given them that taste to drive them forward.

The more Vital Villa response is:

"But I want it now Mike"

You're not my type.:grinning:

What is also immensely satisfying is that the Tesco Bags would have been watching Barry do that last night . Can you imagine the bitterness now. :lol:

Oh the joy.

:rofl:

More satisfying that he mentioned he's a Villa fan in his interview so it's hardly like they'll want to praise him that much either and taste more bitterness :utv:

Still shocks me our academy missed him, we're in a better place now, and Aston Villa have invested a lot in in the local area on the youth development side so we'll hopefully not let these special talents slip through the net.

Don't want to get too carried away based on his age but he seems to be a very good natural athlete with good pace and crucially balance. He also seems to have the look of a natural finisher. Definitely an exciting prospect.

Absolutely great scenes for his goal, you could see what it meant to him.

What i liked and excites me is that he was the player with the most attention on him last night. The one who people knew and had the most expectation upon. And despite this he did that run and finish. Don't want to go overboard but it just comes across as special to me.

Last edited:
No matter what he does for the rest of career that goal will always be special. Congrats lad.

Hopefully he continues to put hard work in, improve and make the first team in the next few years. Keep at it Barry!

More satisfying that he mentioned he's a Villa fan in his interview so it's hardly like they'll want to praise him that much either and taste more bitterness :utv:

Still shocks me our academy missed him, we're in a better place now, and Aston Villa have invested a lot in in the local area on the youth development side so we'll hopefully not let these special talents slip through the net.
It is what it is, you can’t have every top prospect and kids develop at different rates, who knows why he wasn’t picked up by us a kid, and anyway getting him at 16 years old is still pretty early in his development. Also it seems like the move Barcelona and then to us was a bit of a sham because it meant the baggies ended up getting massively short changed on the compensation rules, whether that was a pre planned or just opportunistic we did well to get him

It is what it is, you can’t have every top prospect and kids develop at different rates, who knows why he wasn’t picked up by us a kid, and anyway getting him at 16 years old is still pretty early in his development. Also it seems like the move Barcelona and then to us was a bit of a sham because it meant the baggies ended up getting massively short changed on the compensation rules, whether that was a pre planned or just opportunistic we did well to get him

A few people have said this but at the end of the day what's more realistic.

That Barcelona decided to join with us in order to sign him then sell him on 6 months later in order to make an amount so pitiful that it wouldn't even pay Messi's wages for a week.

Or that a 16 year old kid from Sutton got homesick and jumped at the chance to join the club he supports.

A few people have said this but at the end of the day what's more realistic.

That Barcelona decided to join with us in order to sign him then sell him on 6 months later in order to make an amount so pitiful that it wouldn't even pay Messi's wages for a week.

Or that a 16 year old kid from Sutton got homesick and jumped at the chance to join the club he supports.

I think Mark Harrison is the common denominator. Had him at Albion and when he came to us he knew how good Barry was and got him to sign for us.

Last edited:
TBH dump anyone of us at 15 in Barcelona, and we'd be homesick as well.
I've been sent abroad numerous times as an adult and thought what the heck am I doing here, sounds glamorous being abroad but it's really not stuck on you own with nobody who speaks your lingo is no fun at all