Musings for 2021. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Musings for 2021.

Thats the problem when politicians try to become medics and scientists and vice versa. The pandemic should not be used to score political points unfortunately it is. Whatever colour of Government was in office it would still have the same medics and scientists advising them with the same mistakes occurring.

I prepared medics for the witness box for years and spent many hours in consultation with them. One key feature of their mentality and make up was that away from the pressures of the Court they were certain that their prognosis was accurate. In the witness box they invariably crumbled and fell back to the balance of probabilities argument. Thats exactly what medical opinion is. Its never certain but at least medics and scientists spend time doing their research and have some element of facts to back them up.

Contrast that with politicians who pick up one issue from an article that supports their political point of view, embellish it and it suddenly becomes fact as Boothroyd has done in this instance. She is correct that the Pfizer vaccine did not have clinical trials that supported the second jab being given 12 weeks apart. They've said as much in the last few days so Boothroyd is not telling us anything new.

If Betty had done proper research she would have known the Astra Zenica vaccine did a study in their phase 3 trials, albeit small in size, that indicated giving the second jab over a long period actually increased the efficacy from 70 to 80%. Whether this is a sufficient sized sample to prove this is a matter of debate. The fact that a number of leading scientists the CMO, the JVCI and the MHRA have signed this off would suggest there is sufficient authority supporting using the Oxford vaccine in this way. The Pfizer vaccine is a different matter and I for one would be uncomfortable being given the second dose of this vaccine after 12 weeks.

Finally anyone who believes Blair had any influence over this decision doesn't understand how Government works although no doubt he will try and dine out on this for the next year or two.

Blair and Starmer are being spoonfed stuff from left wing SAGE members, trying to make the Govt look bad.

This apology for a government don,t need any help in making them look bad .If there was a olympics for making yourselves look bad this shower of shit would win the gold medal, and don,t even mention the tossers in the opposition.

Thats the problem when politicians try to become medics and scientists and vice versa. The pandemic should not be used to score political points unfortunately it is. Whatever colour of Government was in office it would still have the same medics and scientists advising them with the same mistakes occurring.

I prepared medics for the witness box for years and spent many hours in consultation with them. One key feature of their mentality and make up was that away from the pressures of the Court they were certain that their prognosis was accurate. In the witness box they invariably crumbled and fell back to the balance of probabilities argument. Thats exactly what medical opinion is. Its never certain but at least medics and scientists spend time doing their research and have some element of facts to back them up.

Contrast that with politicians who pick up one issue from an article that supports their political point of view, embellish it and it suddenly becomes fact as Boothroyd has done in this instance. She is correct that the Pfizer vaccine did not have clinical trials that supported the second jab being given 12 weeks apart. They've said as much in the last few days so Boothroyd is not telling us anything new.

If Betty had done proper research she would have known the Astra Zenica vaccine did a study in their phase 3 trials, albeit small in size, that indicated giving the second jab over a long period actually increased the efficacy from 70 to 80%. Whether this is a sufficient sized sample to prove this is a matter of debate. The fact that a number of leading scientists the CMO, the JVCI and the MHRA have signed this off would suggest there is sufficient authority supporting using the Oxford vaccine in this way. The Pfizer vaccine is a different matter and I for one would be uncomfortable being given the second dose of this vaccine after 12 weeks.

Finally anyone who believes Blair had any influence over this decision doesn't understand how Government works although no doubt he will try and dine out on this for the next year or two.

Just like to say. The mistakes have been mainly due to government not acting quickly enough on the advice given by science/Medics several times. We might as well not have such people if their advice is not taken. How many lives have been lost due to the Delay in implementing their advice has to be asked. The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France all put full lockdowns on in the middle of December Because of the increase in cases. The scientists /medics warned the Government of this massive increase in cases around the 17th Dec. That’s when a full lockdown should have been put on just like the European countries did. Dress it up how you will but most people realise there has been a lot of mismanagement and incompetence regards dealing with the Corona Virus.

One Trump supporter publicly speaking with the sentiment “ Hitler didn ‘t do everything wrong “ on a tannoy system at the protest in Washington D C , another with a Swastika Flag held proudly aloft and a final fascist in the Capitol with a “ Camp Auschwitz “ t - shirt on . Confederate Flags being hung in the Senate . I watch on aghast .

The only way is up for 2021 .

One Trump supporter publicly speaking with the sentiment “ Hitler didn ‘t do everything wrong “ on a tannoy system at the protest in Washington D C , another with a Swastika Flag held proudly aloft and a final fascist in the Capitol with a “ Camp Auschwitz “ t - shirt on . Confederate Flags being hung in the Senate . I watch on aghast .

Don't believe everything anything you are being told...

Last edited:
Xiden said in the second debate he's be the leader to unite America, the leader who'd listen to all sides. Today the dangerous old fool is branding people as terrorists and accusing them of sedition. Xiden did nothing but lie in that debate.

A propaganda spewing media, a pandemic and corrupt elections have made the US a powder keg.

I had to laugh at the BBC's John Soppel, with no hint of irony, accuse Trump of trying to defy 'the will of the people'.

Xiden said in the second debate he's be the leader to unite America, the leader who'd listen to all sides. Today the dangerous old fool is branding people as terrorists and accusing them of sedition. Xiden did nothing but lie in that debate.

A propaganda spewing media, a pandemic and corrupt elections have made the US a powder keg.

I had to laugh at the BBC's John Soppel, with no hint of irony, accuse Trump of trying to defy 'the will of the people'.
He looked a bit shaky, a tad apprehensive ,stood within touching distance of the crowd, as he spouted about democracy and its deniers.

His eyes were all over the place looking for anyone who might come at him.

BTW the head of the NHS didn't mince his words when dealing with the negativity from the journalsits at the 5 0'clock briefing.

So! Who are the general public supposed to get their information from that they can believe!!? The press, Tv news etc, social media and last but not least the Government🤔

Watched a lot of it live on various unofficial channels and watched a lot of recordings since. Nowhere did I see any resemblance of a swastika symbol, anywhere. Confederate flags yes but why not? I was always a big fan of The Dukes of Hazard, ye-haaah!

You said that you saw someone present with a swastika symbol and that a Trump supporter said that 'Hitler did nothing wrong.' I thought the link would show me but it doesn't. It's from NBC for a start. Now there's your guarantee of impartiality - not!

It doesn't show anyone at the Trump rally with a swastika symbol nor does it show that a Trump supporter - I presume you mean Mary Miller, judging by the article's copy - said that 'Hitler did nothing wrong'. Are you imagining these things or are you just lying to suit your own particular agenda? Or what?