Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 217 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Graham Taylor cited again in another NLP "The gaffer's greatest gaffer" article. This time by Quentin Townsend (I'd never heard of him!) who is a semi pro manager at non league step 5. He talks of Taylor when at Wolves - Taylor gave him his first professional contract. As usual refers to Taylor's man management, but also refers to Taylor's right hand man Steve Harrison who appeared to be the less serious character closer to the team. Says he also saw Taylor doing a lot around the Club, not just on the football pitch

Good to see Paul Farman doing his stuff at Carlisle - top of L2. Cheltenham doing well, although Ellis Chapman seems to only be playing half games as a sub 🤔
Chapman has been told to improve his mentality and work on the 'other side of the game' by his manager. Doesn't seem like he's changed much to me. He could be a semi decent league 1/2 player if he bothered to put the effort in off the ball every now and then.

Chapman has been told to improve his mentality and work on the 'other side of the game' by his manager. Doesn't seem like he's changed much to me. He could be a semi decent league 1/2 player if he bothered to put the effort in off the ball every now and then.

It's called "doing a Nolan". ;)

Grimsby Telegraph really on the ball. Doing an article on free agents GY could sign. Mention Jason Shackall who they say has been without a club since March!!

Rheady in the Torygraph this morning.
Definitely more than a head on a stick, apart from being deceptively good with his feet I always thought his ability in the air was a skill not always recognised, he passed the ball with his head,

Attachments

• 88C3716E-C9E0-466A-9089-6473AE1F8DA3.jpeg
    88C3716E-C9E0-466A-9089-6473AE1F8DA3.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 12
Did just see Matt Green going for a run this morning if that counts as ex Imps news
I imagined Grimsby didn’t have a game today, but I see Matt is playing loan striker.
Is it normal to be out running an hour before you leave to play in a game?
(He did have Grimsby training too so maybe running to catch the coach)

Luke Waterfall on the scoresheet I see.................shame it's for Port Vale.

Grimsby 3-0 down at Vale Park

They have him down as 120kg on wikipedia i would be changing that