The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

@CDX_EIRE What is your target for Penn? I had it at $100 for the end of next year and then I'd reassess the situation but we are almost there now.

I am holding it in my retirement account so I'll probably just let it run TBH - I've sold too many things too early and missed 1x 2x you know.

What I am going to do is take a tiny bit off the top of PTON because its became 17% of my account so I need to rebalance a little.

I am holding it in my retirement account so I'll probably just let it run TBH - I've sold too many things too early and missed 1x 2x you know.

What I am going to do is take a tiny bit off the top of PTON because its became 17% of my account so I need to rebalance a little.

Retirement account? I have always assumed that you are younger than me. I'm 42 (and a half).

Retirement account? I have always assumed that you are younger than me. I'm 42 (and a half).

I am, I am 31 but in America, if you don't save for it you're fucked. I have a 401k which is essentially free money, I get a company match up to 5% so that goes against an index.

I also just started a ROTH which I wish I did years ago. In a ROTH you ca lodge a max of $6,000 per year, you dont pay any capital gains and any money you put in can be withdrawn without penalty. It's essentially an extension to my emergency fund.

I started a regular brokerage account in March but didnt really do a whole lot with it until the last couple months. I dont have the mental capacity to manage multiple accounts so my ROTH is now buy, hold and forget.

Here's an interesting one. It's a bit of a punt but the downside is low. I'll let Bill Ackman explain it. The video is a little old but there is no update on the situation since the video was made.

I see Bitcoin is down about $3,500 off its peak. That's about 10%. It's such a spectacular thing to watch. I was searching for the right word there. Commodity? Investment? Currency? Stock?

I think so too. Out of curiosity, is there a price point at which you would buy in?

I think the best thing to do with Bitcoin and Etherium is to average into it over time, just my opinion. Going all in at any point is just suicide given the volatility.

I've been throwing $50 into them everytime they pullback, admittedly, it hasn't fully worked out on this occasion as I put it in at $32,000ish.

I have fuck all in it btw just like $600.

Edit:

I understand the fear with it, Westworld season 3 shows how the blockchain can really cause chaos. Given it is so private you could build an app as they did on the show where basically it is tinder for criminal pursuits. You match the level of crime you're willing to commit and you get assigned jobs and paid via blockchain. Nobody ever knows and nobody can track it.

Howard Lindzon is a guy I follow and he is brilliant IMO. He says as the banks figure out how to trade it and the laws change it will stabilize and become less volatile. The issue is they cant do anything with it and over time that will change as they learn how to make it a product.

I think so too. Out of curiosity, is there a price point at which you would buy in?

I’m really not an expert but I guess there is an argument you can call it a currency if they can get the scale and the transaction ease of it working. I suspect it’s has value as the currency of the black and dirty markets somewhere, a good way to launder money.

I bought a small amount into an Ether tracker and sold it a few weeks ago after the price crashed however it’s gone up recently as it trends similar to bitcoin. It was pure speculation, plan was to buy it and never look at it again but the platform I use stopped trading on it so I didn’t see the point holding it.

Apparently this is huge

https://cointelegraph.com/news/occ-greenlights-national-banks-to-run-nodes-and-stablecoin-networks

Major lobbyist group the Blockchain Association noted of today's announcement that "The letter states that blockchains have the same status as other global financial networks, such as SWIFT, ACH, and FedWire." Such flagships mechanisms of international payments have had to up their games in response to competition from blockchain-backed payments in recent years.

That article is so deceitfully written, it could have been written by Bojo.

I think the best thing to do with Bitcoin and Etherium is to average into it over time, just my opinion. Going all in at any point is just suicide given the volatility.

I've been throwing $50 into them everytime they pullback, admittedly, it hasn't fully worked out on this occasion as I put it in at $32,000ish.

I have fuck all in it btw just like $600.

Edit:

I understand the fear with it, Westworld season 3 shows how the blockchain can really cause chaos. Given it is so private you could build an app as they did on the show where basically it is tinder for criminal pursuits. You match the level of crime you're willing to commit and you get assigned jobs and paid via blockchain. Nobody ever knows and nobody can track it.

Howard Lindzon is a guy I follow and he is brilliant IMO. He says as the banks figure out how to trade it and the laws change it will stabilize and become less volatile. The issue is they cant do anything with it and over time that will change as they learn how to make it a product.

The banks won't touch it because it's unregulated, erratic and impossible to value. The bitcoin fans are always talking about when the institutions start investing because that would drive up the price.

It's like the gold bugs. They are always convinced that the dollar will crash and gold will go to the moon. That event is always just around the corner and now is the best time to buy in. They all go on each others' shows and agree amongst themselves that gold is undervalued and the price is about to rise spectacularly.

Here's a new one to watch; whacky backy!

Legalisation has been growing across the US but the Mary Jane ETF is down heavily this year. There is a lag in the market but they are expecting the markets to get very fizzy on weed once the legal issues are sorted.

Look for a bottom of $12 within the next month or two and fill yer boots.

The stock is the Alternative Harvest ETF, ticker MJ.

The banks won't touch it because it's unregulated, erratic and impossible to value. The bitcoin fans are always talking about when the institutions start investing because that would drive up the price.

It's like the gold bugs. They are always convinced that the dollar will crash and gold will go to the moon. That event is always just around the corner and now is the best time to buy in. They all go on each others' shows and agree amongst themselves that gold is undervalued and the price is about to rise spectacularly.

Lindzon is a Venture Capitalist and says himself he 'doesn't get crypto' but he thinks its a matter of time before it is regulated and laws are changed allowing them to do whatever it is they'll do with it.

In some ways its already happening, I bank with Chase and Jamie Dimon the CEO has had disdain for it but they've capitulated. SQ and PYPL both have significant holdings of it.

I only put like $50-100 a month in it, its low risk as far as my total allocation

Here's a new one to watch; whacky backy!

Legalisation has been growing across the US but the Mary Jane ETF is down heavily this year. There is a lag in the market but they are expecting the markets to get very fizzy on weed once the legal issues are sorted.

Look for a bottom of $12 within the next month or two and fill yer boots.

The stock is the Alternative Harvest ETF, ticker MJ.

I'll have a look, I only go for the US MSO's based on the guidance of a guy twitter Todd Harrison. His company is involved the MSOS ETF and always recommends against the Canadian companies.