Transfer window rumours | Page 5 | Vital Football

Transfer window rumours

Arnand Gnanduillet is looking for a return to the U.K. as a free agent.
A good scorer at our level.
Maybe one for BFSE to take a look at ?

How would we feel about someone like Amari Bell returning to Priestfield ? Bell is an effective left-sided wing back and is still only 26yrs. Wouldn`t be surprised if he found himself 2nd or 3rd choice for LB at Blackburn in the near future and with little time left on his contract, wouldn`t someone like him be a good pick-up for GFC ?

Shouldn`t we be looking up as well as down, into the National League, for new blood ?

Armand is a french national, he almost certainly does not qualify as a british resident and will require a work permit. There are british players of the same quality available, so odds on he won't get one,

Top priority in transfer window is holding on to Graham
After that it must be an experienced centre-back, or two. Oshilaja back would be good; I like the idea of Bell on loan and moving O'Connor to midfield. Then one more midfield to fill in before O'Keefe back in Feb, and a quick striker (e.g Chadwick on loan from Hull, now Halifax)
Out - Medley, MacDonald, Mellis, Willock, Eccles, Drysdale

Armand is a french national, he almost certainly does not qualify as a british resident and will require a work permit. There are british players of the same quality available, so odds on he won't get one,
That is a interesting one.Many Brexit supporters will want to bring in players from Europe. The door could be closed altogether at our level or lower down.i doubt if it will be based on individual cases .I would expect it to depend on what league of team want to sign you.

Last edited:
Chris I agree, if it works top international players will be free to come as they will meet the proposed points system, run of the mill players will not,

Charlton fans seemingly at a loss why Deji Oshilajah hasn’t been figuring recently given their CB issues. Bowyer seeing him as a LB this year, but performances in that performances certainly say otherwise.

That tells me he’s definitely a good League 1 CB still.

Last edited:

The twitter rumour sites have mentioned 3 or 4 Championship clubs vying for his services. PNE, Rotherham, Coventry etc.

So I doubt we are a contender.

The whole brexit end of freedom of movement impact on EU footballers had passed me by to be honest. It may be difficult for lower leagues to be able to justify that an eu national they would like to sign would qualify. Just thinking about players we've had in the passed who may not qualify in the future e.g mandron or linganzi.

I wonder if their work permit is transferable if they go out on loan or need to be transferred? Loans may be ok as arguably their employer has not changed.

I read that this issue has stopped a few targets that WBA were after so this might be more visible than we may have thought.

The twitter rumour sites have mentioned 3 or 4 Championship clubs vying for his services. PNE, Rotherham, Coventry etc.

So I doubt we are a contender.

As the roone says above would he get a work permit? Does he meet the required score on the new points system ?

As the roone says above would he get a work permit? Does he meet the required score on the new points system ?

Up until about 4 months ago, he was playing in the UK from a period prior to Brexit. It is entirely possible while at Blackpool he filled in the paperwork for a permanent right to stay. I *think* as long as he returns within 6 months of him leaving last August then he *should* be ok to remain without needing to go through the work permit route. But I think he will only be ok if he joins this window and a transfer might get complicated in the summer

You don’t have to be vegetarian to play for FGR! Players/ Staff eat vegan at the club! In there own time they do as they please!

Watching the Sky documentary on Salford City FC the other day (Class of `92) and the catering staff there bought in extra supplies of vegan fare for the visiting Forrest Green fans in anticipation of their game at Salford- hardly sold anything veggie at the FGR end as their fans opted to buy-out the meat pies instead.

Watching the Sky documentary on Salford City FC the other day (Class of `92) and the catering staff there bought in extra supplies of vegan fare for the visiting Forrest Green fans in anticipation of their game at Salford- hardly sold anything veggie at the FGR end as their fans opted to buy-out the meat pies instead.

Not surprised, its down to the quality! The vegan food at FGR home games is all hand made on site and is amazing!

Not surprised, its down to the quality! The vegan food at FGR home games is all hand made on site and is amazing!

FGR clearing the decks today, including a club record fee received for Mark Kitchen ! If there`s any truth in the Willock rumour we might hear something sooner rather than later ?

Up until about 4 months ago, he was playing in the UK from a period prior to Brexit. It is entirely possible while at Blackpool he filled in the paperwork for a permanent right to stay. I *think* as long as he returns within 6 months of him leaving last August then he *should* be ok to remain without needing to go through the work permit route. But I think he will only be ok if he joins this window and a transfer might get complicated in the summer

Good point Rob. Its likely that those who had been in the UK for a while would have gone for settled status. Probably more an issue in the future.

FGR clearing the decks today, including a club record fee received for Mark Kitchen ! If there`s any truth in the Willock rumour we might hear something sooner rather than later ?

LIAM Kitching is a left sided centre half who has gone for £600,000! Brilliant deal for a player signed from Leeds United for £50,000 18 months ago!