Coronavirus | Page 516 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

The lines weren't blurred but you obviously wanted this debate. I've moved them here.

Anyone not having the good grace and respect to at least try to follow the rules whilst tens of thousands are dying is a selfish tosser. You are sticking your fingers up to the medical staff, the doctors and everyone trying to follow the rules for the great good.

And you seem proud of it. Well done you and the minority who have done what they damn well want, whilst others have done their best to try to do the right thing despite the shambolic government.

You don't care though, as long as you are ok. Thanks on behalf of the overstretched doctors and nurses at the Alex and Bromsgrove Hospitals though.

Hopefully you don't get it, if you do, you might see how fucking horrible it is.

Seem to be skipping the part where I’ve mentioned where I live. I could take a screenshot and post it here and then you’d understand but you’re ignoring that bit.

I know many cyclists and some of them are still riding daily from their more central Birmingham location to the countryside/Worcestshire. Perhaps they don’t realise or perhaps they do, I don’t know. Better than cycling in car centric Birmingham though.

Edit: Ps I know NHS staff and they agree with me, the tier system is ridiculous and they’ve not tried to tell me off.

Personally I think they should go for regional lockdowns. It would be a lot simpler and also policeable. You could then have checks on key roads and potentially get to COVID free regions, in the worlds of the BBC with GCSE content - Bitesized.

The problem with Birmingham/Worcs is that if you live somewhere like Rednal (not an expert on where the boundary is), one street in that town isn’t different to the next so all should have the same rules.

A bit further down the M5, if I think about that area you would have a boundary between the West Mids region, South West and Wales. You could easily set up checks at key train stations and in motorways where the M5 passes the M50, and at the end of the M50.

It would cause massive tailbacks but that would be a deterrent to stop people travelling.

You’ll get the village equivalents of Tom’s case where your farm or village crosses a border, but you’re talking a couple of hundred people technically breaking the law not 15,000.

Last edited:
No, but to close schools there needs to be clear evidence that the risk outweighs the destruction that is causes, and the evidence is the opposite. Children do not die of covid, neither do teachers. Yes, I get the point that they may bring it to vulnerable grandparents but they shouldn't be seeing vulnerable people. Who does that? I get it, there are kids in vulnerable households, and they should be shielding. If they don't that it's on them. My next door neighbor has heart failure, his 15 year old daughter has her boyfriend round all the time, her mum says what can she do? Seriously? How about say no, and tell the daughter do you want to kill your father? Maybe it's time for adults in the UK to act like adults not only for the NHS, or the sick, but for their kids. I stick to the rules I do not see our vulnerable family at all at the moment, but my kids education is paramount especially as one is extremely behind and I'm sorry but the argument that they will be all right doesn't wash. They need professional teaching in their school. I have been very impressed with the school and the common sense approach they have taken over this difficult period. Long may it continue.

Personally I think they should go for regional lockdowns. It would be a lot simpler and also policeable. You could then have checks on key roads and potentially get to COVID free regions, in the worlds of the BBC with GCSE content - Bitesized.

The problem with Birmingham/Worcs is that if you live somewhere like Rednal (not ab expert on where the boundary is), one street in that town isn’t different to the next so all the same rules.

A bit further down the M5, if I think about that area you would have a boundary between the West Mids region, South West and Wales. You could easily set up checks at key train stations and in motorways where the M5 passes the M50, and at the end of the M50.

It would cause massive tailbacks but that would be a deterrent to stop people travelling.

You’ll get the village equivalents of Tom’s case where your farm or village crosses a border, but you’re talking a couple of hundred people technically breaking the law not 15,000.

Your idea would work in China but certainly not here. Hard enough getting the police to come out for an actual crime.

With regard to Rednal/Rubery, depending on what bit you’re from could depend what county is on your address. It’s a bit odd.

Sorry J but my girls need to be in school, and with common sense they will be.

As I said a few pages back, I have enormous sympathy for the kids and the parents. I can tell how tough it is for some of my colleagues, trying to work and juggle home schooling or even just coordinating.

I just think we have to look at it on a hierarchy of needs, unfortunately the need state at the moment is overwhelming of the NHS where people are going to have to die at home as that’s two weeks away, if not shorter.

Children’s education and mental health along with everyone’s is massively important, but we’re in a dire situation in the hospital. Kids taking big exams this year need extra time to be able to get the grades they deserve, as opposed to being left to teachers to give good grades grades as a compromise.

It’s not easy, if kids are still at home in February then you start impacting more people in the long run than the lives being lost.

Last edited:
Seem to be skipping the part where I’ve mentioned where I live. I could take a screenshot and post it here and then you’d understand but you’re ignoring that bit.

I know many cyclists and some of them are still riding daily from their more central Birmingham location to the countryside/Worcestshire. Perhaps they don’t realise or perhaps they do, I don’t know. Better than cycling in car centric Birmingham though.

Edit: Ps I know NHS staff and they agree with me, the tier system is ridiculous and they’ve not tried to tell me off.

I'm not skipping anything, I asked you what tier you were in, you answered. 4. You don't then come and boast about going to Tier 3. I don't care if you or others don't agree with it, that is a total irrelevance. I didn't agree or like having to be in quarentine, on my own, for 2 weeks after my op in Spain. I was decent enough to do it though, and it was fucking tough. You, from what you are saying, can't do without a little swim, because it doesn't suit you. No idea why you felt the need to be boasting about it.

It doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees with you. You are picking and choosing to suit yourself and seem proud of yourself. It is your sort, not trying at all, that have made this a damn sight harder. No point us debating it, I think you are out of order, the law thinks the same, but you seem pleased with yourself and wanted to boast about it.

Not even sure why I am debating, I try my best not to argue with idiots and you are being an idiot.

Anyway nothing I say will change what this government will do, and I'm not about to fall out will friends on here over Boris, so I will leave it there.

Back in March when the whole country was locked down was ok with me. Well, I didn’t like seeing people go out of business or lose their job but with everything shut it was a lot better than right now where in one direction places are shut but in the other they’re open and somewhat thriving. It’s unfair and doesn’t work. Could say the same about some fans returning recently, it was nice to see some fans enjoying that again but a bit unfair.

I do have sympathy with the school situation , I really do , but in my opinion they are a super spreader. My wife works in one and caught it from school (couldn't have been anywhere else because she didn't go anywhere else) Then I caught it from her , but goodness knows how many others in the school passed it around. It's a 1000 pupil school as well.

Last edited:
Your idea would work in China but certainly not here. Hard enough getting the police to come out for an actual crime.

With regard to Rednal/Rubery, depending on what bit you’re from could depend what county is on your address. It’s a bit odd.

Anything’s possible, it’s just how much we want to spend to do it. Some forces did do it in a nicey nicey way. It won’t happen though not this late in the game.

Obviously you’d need to allow for lorries to continue through, to not hold them up in 2 hour tailbacks.

Nevertheless, regional lockdowns even if not enforced to me make more sense - theres a small area of Rutland in tier 3 where everywhere around it is tier 4 - just don’t see the point.

I'm not skipping anything, I asked you what tier you were in, you answered. 4. You don't then come and boast about going to Tier 3. I don't care if you or others don't agree with it, that is a total irrelevance. I didn't agree or like having to be in quarentine, on my own, for 2 weeks after my op in Spain. I was decent enough to do it though, and it was fucking tough. You, from what you are saying, can't do without a little swim, because it doesn't suit you. No idea why you felt the need to be boasting about it.

It doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees with you. You are picking and choosing to suit yourself and seem proud of yourself. It is your sort, not trying at all, that have made this a damn sight harder. No point us debating it, I think you are out of order, the law thinks the same, but you seem pleased with yourself and wanted to boast about it.

Not even sure why I am debating, I try my best not to argue with idiots and you are being an idiot.

Yes you are skipping what I’ve said. I could walk out my front door now, walk a few hundreds up a hill and there I am, in Worcestershire. There are shops I use in Worcestershire such as the Post Office, am I to just stop using that service that I need like I did today? To me going swimming is important, it’s exercise, it keeps me fit and healthy. I don’t do any other exercise at the moment. Football was taken away from me, running does my feet no good and road cycling is just a bit dangerous at the moment. I feel safer at a pool than I ever have at a supermarket.

I have a ‘support bubble’ with one other person. We both go to work at places where’s there’s hundreds even thousands of people. The rules are ridiculous, they don’t work.

Children do need to be in school, it was hard enough when I went every day. Can’t imagine how hard it would be doing it from home without guidance. Parents most likely already have a full time job to go with parenting, adding the role of teacher to that would be incredibly tough and draining.

We’re at a point where NHS staff will have to start deciding on who gets life saving equipment and who doesn’t. Death is part of the job and many are used to dealing with it, but not on terms where their decisions have contributed to the result so directly, potentially.

I’ve said it before during wave 1, but there’s no time to mourn or reflect for those in high mortality areas, it’ll be week after week then month after month of daily deaths. Will we help the doctors and nurses traumatised after all this? Will we fuck, it’ll be like the soldiers we sent to Iraq who come back with trauma related problems.

Until we can stem that and get R back down to below 1 (which sounds tough with the mutation), I don’t see how we can go back to half normality.

I’ll give another recent, ridiculous example of the tier system. The Drawbridge pub in Shirley, I pass it quite often going to work, I was very surprised to see it open at the start of December with people inside and outside eating/drinking, when I got home I found out it was in Worcestershire, just. I’d imagine (like my barbers) pretty much all of their custom comes from the other side of the boundary in Shirley proper. The tiered system simply doesn’t work.

Nope, not skipping, at all. You can say that as many times as you want.

Life isn't fair, life isn't ideal. That is just life. My story echoes that, it is a nightmare that most people I know don't think they'd have coped with

I hate our Government, I think they are a shambles, but for Covid, I am not picking and choosing, because it isn't my right to. Ridiculous or not, people should try for the great good. Or at the very least, don't come on sites like this and boast about not giving a damn, because you'll get your answer.

The law says you don't do what you are doing. The law might well be an ass. So are people whinging on about the rules and not following them though. It is typical of this country.