Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 420 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Well ..............all I can say is, ..............Thank fuck that in January, we’re £350 million per week better off.

FFS man, even at this late stage, do the right bloody thing and agree a bloody deal. Don't screw the country into an even bigger hole than we're already in.. Yes, we know you'll lay all of the blame on those nasty forrins, but that's just another lie to the collection ..........

The Tories can't accept that the UK cannot retain the benefits of the Single Market and Customs Union unconditionally . This was always going to be the main issue.

Australian option my fecking arse.

Why can't you just be honest with people, you useless, lying turd of a man?

Looks like you're forking out £50 MiW

Simple Question...

If you terminated a Fitness club membership, and the club still took your full annual fee from your account, and then told you in no uncertain terms that you would never see that money again ...Would you be happy???

The answer would be a resounding NO.

So... why have a go at the government for trying to negotiate a deal, when the other side is unwilling to budge, and also unwilling to relinquish full control???

Terminating a membership of any club should never be so problematic.

But then again, The EU are that arrogant, they probably never planned for that eventuality...

If the nature of the agreement of the Fitness Club is that you signed up to certain conditions - whether it be a (one off) financial leaving fee (not a continued debit of membership fees), return of any of their equipment, or ceasing to use any local discounts which the membership might have provided - then yes, I'd expect to have to pay it, as part of the I agreement I (presumably) happily signed up for.

More to the point, if I was a remaining member, I certainly wouldn't expect a leaving member to get all the perks that my membership subs bought me.

"Easiest deal ever." "No way we're leaving without a deal."

How the hell has it come to this? Of course the government will blame the EU. It's their only way of trying to excuse their complete and utter balls-up. Then again, there's always the chance that Johnson will do a last minute U-turn, and agree something he'd previously always said was unacceptable ......... like with the WA.

To call the EU "arrogant" when we have that pillock in charge (who apparently managed to snatch defeat from any possible sign of a victory at a dinner the other night) is just laughable.

What was it that Gove has said all along........."we're not planning for no deal, cos we're going to get a great deal".

Aye. well get your feckin finger out.

If the nature of the agreement of the Fitness Club is that you signed up to certain conditions - whether it be a (one off) financial leaving fee (not a continued debit of membership fees), return of any of their equipment, or ceasing to use any local discounts which the membership might have provided - then yes, I'd expect to have to pay it, as part of the I agreement I (presumably) happily signed up for.

More to the point, if I was a remaining member, I certainly wouldn't expect a leaving member to get all the perks that my membership subs bought me.

"Easiest deal ever." "No way we're leaving without a deal."

How the hell has it come to this? Of course the government will blame the EU. It's their only way of trying to excuse their complete and utter balls-up. Then again, there's always the chance that Johnson will do a last minute U-turn, and agree something he'd previously always said was unacceptable ......... like with the WA.

To call the EU "arrogant" when we have that pillock in charge (who apparently managed to snatch defeat from any possible sign of a victory at a dinner the other night) is just laughable.

What was it that Gove has said all along........."we're not planning for no deal, cos we're going to get a great deal".

Aye. well get your feckin finger out.

Excellent Moonay! Having seen the red top headlines I just despair ...so much ignorance and nationalism...the two go hand in hand

Simple Question...

If you terminated a Fitness club membership, and the club still took your full annual fee from your account, and then told you in no uncertain terms that you would never see that money again ...Would you be happy???

The answer would be a resounding NO.

So... why have a go at the government for trying to negotiate a deal, when the other side is unwilling to budge, and also unwilling to relinquish full control???

Terminating a membership of any club should never be so problematic.

But then again, The EU are that arrogant, they probably never planned for that eventuality...

Just to clarify, the EU is made up of 27 sovereign states. It is not a single entity, like your fitness club. Each country has signed up to a set of rules and regulations... not all to the same ones. For example, only 18 countries use the Euro. The UK opted out of the Single currency, but we opted in to the Single Market. We can't expect the same benefits as the other 27 countries if we opt out of the Single Market.

Just to clarify, the EU is made up of 27 sovereign states. It is not a single entity, like your fitness club. Each country has signed up to a set of rules and regulations... not all to the same ones. For example, only 18 countries use the Euro. The UK opted out of the Single currency, but we opted in to the Single Market. We can't expect the same benefits as the other 27 countries if we opt out of the Single Market.
Yes, I know the 27 member countries are separate entities, and not all rules of the club are followed by every member country, but there is a basic core which they all have to abide by.
And my point still stands, if it was so easy to extricate ourselves from those rules, then we would have left the EU the day after The Referendum in 2016.
The reason why leaving has been so hard to do is because, no-one has dared to try to walk away before, therefore Article 50 was effectively untried & untested.

Yes, I know the 27 member countries are separate entities, and not all rules of the club are followed by every member country, but there is a basic core which they all have to abide by.
And my point still stands, if it was so easy to extricate ourselves from those rules, then we would have left the EU the day after The Referendum in 2016.
The reason why leaving has been so hard to do is because, no-one has dared to try to walk away before, therefore Article 50 was effectively untried & untested.

The UK wants the benefits of the SEM without paying for them. The SEM is the bedrock of EU trade. You can't have your cake and eat it, I'm afraid. If we want peace and prosperity in Europe it comes at a price.

It’s been a needlessly long road, with tempers frayed at times - particularly on here. However we’ve got there and Boris has pulled through despite the numerous hurdles he’s had to face.

Merry Brexmas to one and all. Cheers gentlemen 🥂🍻

And still we wait....

It’s gonna be a busy Christmas for Francois and co.

Can't wait to see him, Farage, and Cash & co explode at the concessions we've had to make.

To be honest with you, I've never been more happy about losing a bet ......... assuming of course that I have lost it.
;)