Pitch Watch | Page 7 | Vital Football

Pitch Watch

With the opportunity for rest and recovery during peak growing season pitches everywhere should be better suited than ever to footballing teams next season. The hoof it and hope route one boys will be undone.

What's PHT doing in the ground? Cleaning up the bird crap? Have they replaced the artificial surround to the pitch? They supposedly were seeking quotes to do that a while ago

What's PHT doing in the ground? Cleaning up the bird crap? Have they replaced the artificial surround to the pitch? They supposedly were seeking quotes to do that a while ago
PHT always does little odd jobs for the club.

Think he was enjoying the view from his new seat.

I had to buy up the 2 rows round me to keep him at least 3 rows in front :grinning:

Looks like Block J that.
Dave, are you roughing it in the ordinary seats or staying in the overpriced posh seats with cushion and blanket?

I wonder if they need longer studs it happens every time anyone goes near Maddine

The new groundman started on Friday. But the last time we played at home, the grass was cut to 28 mm. Unfortunately, worm castings were sprayed all over the grass with that cutting. So the new groundman used a different machine that 'brushed' the grass to rid the castings. This may have caused the slipping and sliding. This information was provided at 7 minutes 30 seconds of commentary during the match.

Worm castings are an organic form of fertilizer produced from earthworms. Also known as vermicast, worm castings manure is essentially earthworm waste, otherwise known as worm poo. As these creatures eat through compost, their waste creates an optimal soil enricher.

Earthworms come to the surface to breed, eat, hatch and breathe when the soil is too wet. When they are on the surface they leave muddy castings. Here are some suggestions for dealing with worm casts: Let the muddy castings dry, and brush them back into the turf.