Match Thread: Forest 0 Brentford whatever, sponsored by the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest 0 Brentford whatever, sponsored by the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Same team as the one that threw away points in the week, but with Yates instead of Soh

Let's vote on whose individual mistake will throw the game for us this time?

Samba?
Fig?
Christie?
Arter?
Ameobi?

Or are we going for a more exotic choice?

Can anyone tell me what Cafu brings to the team?

My only prediction is that Toney will score.

Telling that the team came out 15 mins ago and no one else has bothered to do a match thread

I don't think I'll even bother cashing in my Ifollow code to watch. It's the same old shit and It feels like we already know the result

I really hate these cockney wankers but they’ll do us here. Millwall & Sheff Weds are they key games here. Get nothing from them & Hughz will be gone.

I really hate these cockney wankers but they’ll do us here. Millwall & Sheff Weds are they key games here. Get nothing from them & Hughz will be gone.
Hughes isn't going anywhere.

I feel no pressure building whatsoever, and nor should it.

An awful six games, but they were horrendous fixtures and we always knew that.

We'll have 6 defeats from 7 having played basically the whole top 6-8 teams.

Big problems and every manager brings his frustrations. But we have enough to beat weaker sides

We’ve not even kicked off yet and it feels like we’ve chosen to lose with that team selection. I was optimistic about Hughton’s appointment, but I feel like he’s already a dead man walking with the choices he’s making. I had a lot of respect and time for Lamouchi, even though it was obviously time to part ways. I can’t even explain what Hughton is trying to do, and wouldn’t miss him at all if he wasn’t here.

I was beginning to think we were going to try not having a match day thread to see if brought a change of result / performance after all I'm sure its touch and go whether a lot people bother watching or listening as things have been as bad as I can remember & if no one bothers watching or listening there would be no need to have somewhere to comment.
The sentiment expressed in the thread title pretty much sums up what I have been thinking and I'm sure I;m not alone. It does beg the question how bad do you have to be or how many daft mistakes can be made before a player loses his place in the team.
I think apart from Yates coming back the team is unchanged, and as much as I like Yates as a player I can't see him taking the team by the scruff of the neck and shaking things up. Therefore I expect nothing more or less than the same performance & result as we have been seeing for months

Hughes isn't going anywhere.

I feel no pressure building whatsoever, and nor should it.

An awful six games, but they were horrendous fixtures and we always knew that.

We'll have 6 defeats from 7 having played basically the whole top 6-8 teams.

Big problems and every manager brings his frustrations. But we have enough to beat weaker sides

What makes you think we have enough to beat weaker sides?

Cafu, Yates, Arter... just do one Hughton, doing your best to take us to league 1. I honestly couldn’t care less if he ended up getting sacked.

3DM’s vs Norwich - Lost, 1 goal after attacking sub
3DM’s vs Reading - Lost, no goals scored
3DM’s vs Watford - Drew, no goals scored

2DM’s But Guerrero vs Wycombe - Won, 2 goals
2DM’s but Freeman vs Coventry - Won, 2 goals

Team vs Brentford - 3DM’s

People can argue about the opposition all day long but that speaks for itself, and to add to that, we looked 1000 times better when he added a forward thinking player to the Norwich game.

The bloke is making it impossible to back him as a fan, and it’s genuinely frightening how he can’t understand the need to change or how unwilling he is. He’s been a disaster so far and continues to be.

He's clearly not the guy we need. Fire him, appoint Eddie Howe.

Ideally EM sells up to a consortium who have a solid mid to long term strategic plan. That team is shite. Again...

Definition of an idiot is dong the same thing over and over and expecting the same result. Granted our CM options are very limited, but we have to create a spark and try something different the rest of this month until January

Smith

Soh Figs Woz Ribs (McKenna for Figs when fit)

Arter Sow Lolley

Guerrero Taylor Knocks

Lolley dropping back to use his energy as he is creating fuck all right now, and I would rather have him there than Yates, Cafu or Colback. CH to teach him this role

Jan - Bring back Brennan and play him. Get rid of Freeman, Cafu loans. Pay off Hefe, Clough, Darikwa.

Sell Figs, Grabs. Sign Knocks and find another striker and a loan striker.

Rant over

Game is over as soon as Brentford score.

I actually think this is the weakest looking Forest side I have ever seen, including the relegated ones

I would like to see Soh at RB.
Sow in midfield and Yates half way up the A1 somewhere not near the City Ground