Bands You Wish You had seen... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Bands You Wish You had seen...

Living in Belgium 1989 and one of the bands I'm very pleased I did see were The Silencers absolutely fantastic. Went there to see Simple Minds at the Vorst (Forest) National where the Silencers were the supporting act. Absolutely top draw. They probably had more success on mainland Europe tbf, Germany etc. Scottish Rain a particular favourite about Love and Chernobyl fallout.

Living in Belgium 1989 and one of the bands I'm very pleased I did see were The Silencers absolutely fantastic. Went there to see Simple Minds at the Vorst (Forest) National where the Silencers were the supporting act. Absolutely top draw. They probably had more success on mainland Europe tbf, Germany etc. Scottish Rain a particular favourite about Love and Chernobyl fallout.

Good stuff. The Real McCoy is a great track.
I'd almost forgotten about these. It's the next disc in my car now.

... So, in a similar vein, who do you wish you'd seen but didn't.
I'm going to start with The Clash.

Saw The Clash at the Rock Against Racism carnival in Victoria Park, London along with X-Ray Spex, Steel Pulse, and Tom Robinson. A good day out with an early start from Lincoln. Saw Led Zepp, and later Queen at Knebworth, and Pink Floyd, Springsteen and Genesis at various locations. More recently I think Gorillaz, for the experience, and Foo Fighters were the best, although the Red Hot Chilis run them close.

Would have liked to have seen The Pogues with Kirsty McColl (died 18.12.2000). BBC 4 did a commemorative programme last night where all eight members of The Pogues return to the studio, which is worth a look. Sorry, missed out on Hawkwind, Barney.

Saw The Clash at the Rock Against Racism carnival in Victoria Park, London along with X-Ray Spex, Steel Pulse, and Tom Robinson. A good day out with an early start from Lincoln. Saw Led Zepp, and later Queen at Knebworth, and Pink Floyd, Springsteen and Genesis at various locations. More recently I think Gorillaz, for the experience, and Foo Fighters were the best, although the Red Hot Chilis run them close.

Would have liked to have seen The Pogues with Kirsty McColl (died 18.12.2000). BBC 4 did a commemorative programme last night where all eight members of The Pogues return to the studio, which is worth a look. Sorry, missed out on Hawkwind, Barney.

Not seen the Pogues but was fortunate to see the wonderful Kirsty before she was killed.
I've seen her two brothers perform at a concert to commemorate the 100th birthday of her dad, and a superb show it was too.

Eagles in concert on skyarts (freeview 12) right now.
Decent channel, I've seen some very good music stuff on it in the last couple of months.

Not seen the Pogues but was fortunate to see the wonderful Kirsty before she was killed.
I've seen her two brothers perform at a concert to commemorate the 100th birthday of her dad, and a superb show it was too.

As it happens, Mrs N. and I are currently working on a version of "Butcher Boy" that Kirsty MacColl recorded.

Gutted I missed Thin Lizzy back in the day (mid 70s 🤔). I was living in a hostel in London and had tickets to go and see them at Hammersmith but, as luck would have it, a group of guys at the hostel managed to get tickets for England V Germany at Wembley the same night. So I gave up the chance to see Lizzy as they were around quite a lot at that time. Unfortunately it never happened and not too much later Phil Lynott passed away (RIP). Also would have loved to have seen Phil Collins and Genesis back in the day.
On a different note, I got tickets here in Perth to go and see The Script, on the basis that I had heard they were superb live, but I didn’t’t know much of their stuff. Wow, I’ve been a bit of a rock freak most of my life (not the really heavy stuff) but The Script blew me away. Absolutely magnificent concert and can’t wait for them to come back to Perth (hopefully).

Gutted I missed Thin Lizzy back in the day (mid 70s 🤔). I was living in a hostel in London and had tickets to go and see them at Hammersmith but, as luck would have it, a group of guys at the hostel managed to get tickets for England V Germany at Wembley the same night. So I gave up the chance to see Lizzy as they were around quite a lot at that time. Unfortunately it never happened and not too much later Phil Lynott passed away (RIP). Also would have loved to have seen Phil Collins and Genesis back in the day.
On a different note, I got tickets here in Perth to go and see The Script, on the basis that I had heard they were superb live, but I didn’t’t know much of their stuff. Wow, I’ve been a bit of a rock freak most of my life (not the really heavy stuff) but The Script blew me away. Absolutely magnificent concert and can’t wait for them to come back to Perth (hopefully).

Yes, would have loved to see Thin Lizzy in their prime. I did see "Phil Lynott's Grand Slam" at, I think, Nostell Priory in about 1984. Can't have been long before he died.

I actually went with Sincilbanks to see Marillion.

In fact, here are the line-ups and sets:

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/nostell-1984-recordings.html

And Grand Slam were not very good at all...

No, I seem to remember they weren't. Lynott, by that point, was pretty screwed up on drugs, I think.

Marillion were great, though. Those early sets were very strong. I think my favourite gig seeing them was at Rock City.

We've got a couple of tickets for them at Carrow Road, Norwich (in the away end, so quite close to the stage) The gig was cancelled on June 1st, so its the same date next summer fingers crossed.
Hi Norfolk
Just had notification that the killers at the keepmoat in May has been postponed until May 2022, no surprise there. Presume yours will be the same....hopefully third time lucky for you 🤞