NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 303 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the handbags from day trippers who have probably never set foot inside the Den and if they have it'll have been once every five years. I'd hardly call them fans. Bit like the thousand odd who rocked up at the Man City game at the DW purely to cause trouble with the City lot. You wouldn't be calling them Latics fans either.

Quite, quite delusional.

Handbags ...........equated to "rocked up ....purely to cause trouble"

Thank God Millwall aren't known for their element of thug fans

Nicely skirted over once again Moonay.
What bit have I skirted over?

You try to downplay the actions of Millwall thugs as handbags.
You say they aren't real Millwall fans anyway (even though the club has a reputation for exactly that kind of trouble)
Any surplus fans at the City game (just to cause trouble) obviously weren't "usual" Tics fans, otherwise, they'd be there most weeks ....... like the Millwall handbags brigade.

What exactly am I skirting over?

Edit ....... you never did respond to the Leganes Academy post. :rolleyes:

Did you go to the semi at Wembley against them? (I'm fairly certain you will have).

They undoubtedly have some decent fans. Unfortunately, they also have way more than their fair share of absolute tossers.

Didn't they also smash up the East Stand toilets at the JJB causing thousands of pounds worth of damage after Darren Sheridan scored in our 1-0 play off win in 2000.

Didn't they also smash up the East Stand toilets at the JJB causing thousands of pounds worth of damage after Darren Sheridan scored in our 1-0 play off win in 2000.
Don't blame them after our lot went on the pitch at full time and started goading them and throwing coins from behind the safety of the police line. I remember making a quick exit that night before the seats turned into frisbees.

What bit have I skirted over?

You try to downplay the actions of Millwall thugs as handbags.
You say they aren't real Millwall fans anyway (even though the club has a reputation for exactly that kind of trouble)
Any surplus fans at the City game (just to cause trouble) obviously weren't "usual" Tics fans, otherwise, they'd be there most weeks ....... like the Millwall handbags brigade.

What exactly am I skirting over?

Edit ....... you never did respond to the Leganes Academy post. :rolleyes:
So the fans that went to the City game aren't "usual Tics fans" yet the surplus fans of the 35k odd that were at Wembley that day were "usual Millwall fans"? Make up your mind Moonay! I'm guessing you haven't looked up the average crowds they get at the Den...

Speaking of the Den.You won't find any West Stand hipflaskers and sandwich munchers there like you do at our gaffe. Proper old school and always a great ground to visit. You don't like them either which earns them extra brownie points from me.

The view of a neutral.....got to give a warm feeling .....

Notice you didn't copy the tweet from Sam Leveridge directly below that which validated the point I made earlier on this thread quite nicely. Subjective Moonay strikes again! You can't help yourself can ya pal! Bit like when Labour do something half decent, you're straight into the politics thread with all the details! :ROFLMAO:

For those who prefer both sides of the story...

Millwall as a club have done a lot of good work in the community and deserve a lot of praise. But there's no getting away from the fact that they have fair few dickheads following them. Theres a lad from Aspull that used to be a home and away Latics mon who switched allegiance to Millwall for no other reason than his BNP leanings and the fact he feels more at home with their fans than hours.

Notice you didn't copy the tweet from Sam Leveridge directly below that which validated the point I made earlier on this thread quite nicely. Subjective Moonay strikes again! You can't help yourself can ya pal! Bit like when Labour do something half decent, you're straight into the politics thread with all the details! :ROFLMAO:

For those who prefer both sides of the story...

And you've highlighted the one slight negative among all the positives.

Millwall as a club have done a lot of good work in the community and deserve a lot of praise. But there's no getting away from the fact that they have fair few dickheads following them. Theres a lad from Aspull that used to be a home and away Latics mon who switched allegiance to Millwall for no other reason than his BNP leanings and the fact he feels more at home with their fans than hours.
Poor lad must have had a season ticket in the West Stand. :ROFLMAO:

So the fans that went to the City game aren't "usual Tics fans" yet the surplus fans of the 35k odd that were at Wembley that day were "usual Millwall fans"? Make up your mind Moonay! I'm guessing you haven't looked up the average crowds they get at the Den...

Why make things up? I didn't say that they were all Millwall fans ........ just that they lived up to the reputation for doing what Millwall fans do ......... even though you termed it "handbags".

As for the crowd size, how many did we take that day, and to the final ? :rolleyes:

Speaking of the Den.You won't find any West Stand hipflaskers and sandwich munchers there like you do at our gaffe. Proper old school and always a great ground to visit. You don't like them either which earns them extra brownie points from me.

What a weird post.

I didn't see it C_Latic ........ but I don't see what difference it makes........"superbly run club" will do for me.

Now about that Leganes Academy ..................

Don't really understand why given the backstory with Leganes anyone is doing Moreno down. Should by rolling the man out a large red carpet IMO.
Clearly Garrido kicked off the bid and got him involved that he's had to stand aside and Moreno hasn't walked is good news and so no issues for me.
Tell you what if he manages to get us back in the prem and sells a full team thereby relegating us back to the champ with a parachute payment - bring it on especially from where we are now.
Can't fathom why anyone would favour either Daz, who injected the chinese virus into our club, partnered with the fella who almost destroyed Coventry or a complete fantasist - really !
That our SC, MP, Council and rag can't get behind this is bewildering to me.
Unless of course their puppetmaster won't allow it from his "for free" tower of power at the arena 😉

If Moreno gets the deal across the line it will be very interesting to see his approach to Lenegan and his cronies (MP, council, rag and even the SC) given they seem to have done everything to stop his bid 🤔

Old Memories:

As i'm nearly 70, despite all the success we have
had over recent years, promotions, the Prem League and winning the FA Cup.

My thoughts keep going back to the Non-League Days,
Playing Alty.Chorley, Boston United,Bangor City,South Liverpool, South Shields ect.

Moving behind the Goal Posts at Half-Time, talking to old friends as you moved around Springy Park, Bovril and Oxo
to keep your hands warm in sub-zero temps.

The old Paper Progs instead of these Glossy ones, which i've
never liked, the Football Pink, to see if we had drawn a League Club in the FA Cup.

Running onto the pitch when we had won and was ankle deep in 'slutch'.

Mixing and Working with the Players.

Playing Man City official opening of the floodlights on
24 October 1966, when Manchester City were the visitors.
City brought a full strength team to Springfield Park and won 4–0.

Rose Tinted Glasses--but a lot of my old friends, who have passed away, we had great times and sad ones following Latics all over the Country, who never lived to see us win the FA Cup.

I may be an 'old fogey',
but i remember the 'past and the present'.

Last edited:
If Moreno gets the deal across the line it will be very interesting to see his approach to Lenegan and his cronies (MP, council, rag and even the SC) given they seem to have done everything to stop his bid 🤔

Hampton, you make some valid points but could you point me to the evidence that the SC "seem to have done everything to stop his bid".

I have heard some tall stories but the one about the fan from Aspull wins the star prize

Status
Not open for further replies.