VAR | Page 20 | Vital Football

VAR

Not so very long ago Everton played Pool. VVD was all but assassinated by Pickford and **** all was given by the ever diabolical ref Oliver or by the even worse var ref Coote. Now - who was the ref yesterday for Man U v WBA ..... answer David Coote.

After that Goodison fiasco, Coote was relieved of 'frontline duty' the subsequent weekend but still managed to be awarded 4th official status for WHU v Citeh.

If these blokes performed their tricks on the road, they would be banned and have to retake their tests.

PGMOL has been around 19 years and achieved just one thing - 'f*** all' but with honours.

And as for VAR - go to the very top of the list for kicking out.

We can relax. That pompous idiot David Ellary who somehow is head of the International Referees Board (God knows what they actually do) said VAR could take another 10 years to perfect.

Is the jury out on VAR? We've had enough decisions not go our way, this is a good read regarding VAR and who's been effected most plus various fans' polls;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55160134
Good article, but it shows fans dont want it but those in charge do.
The comments below by Richard Masters shows what we are up against in trying to get rid of it.
"But the poll showed more than half (51%) of Premier League fans feel VAR is applied inconsistently.
However, Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said earlier this year that VAR was delivering on the "principal reason" for its introduction in improving the accuracy of decision-making.
"In key match incidents we are up to 94% accuracy with officials, 97% with their assistants, so we are seeing an impact on results and a positive impact on the league table."

Good article, but it shows fans dont want it but those in charge do.
The comments below by Richard Masters shows what we are up against in trying to get rid of it.
"But the poll showed more than half (51%) of Premier League fans feel VAR is applied inconsistently.
However, Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said earlier this year that VAR was delivering on the "principal reason" for its introduction in improving the accuracy of decision-making.
"In key match incidents we are up to 94% accuracy with officials, 97% with their assistants, so we are seeing an impact on results and a positive impact on the league table."
They come out with these stats all the time and I have to say 94% (I think) is the lowest I’ve ever seen it. Usually it’s like 98% because it includes all the throw ins and goal kicks and obvious fouls.

They come out with these stats all the time and I have to say 94% (I think) is the lowest I’ve ever seen it. Usually it’s like 98% because it includes all the throw ins and goal kicks and obvious fouls.

Baffles me how something man operated and subjective can be 94% accurate. It wouldn't be so bad if it checked throw-ins and corners for obvious error but they don't, otherwise, the game would take 3 times as long

The problem is that they are patting themselves on the back for giving an offside when a fraction of a player's armpit is off. For as long as they keep giving these decisions most fans will never be for it.

The problem is that they are patting themselves on the back for giving an offside when a fraction of a player's armpit is off. For as long as they keep giving these decisions most fans will never be for it.

They're giving those decisions because of the current rules about offside. Change the offside rules and you can avoid such decisions.

Rules need to be clear and easy to apply. The current rules state any part of a player's body can be offside. You have to draw a line (literally) somewhere. If you say it's only 1 cm offside, then it's still offside; you can't say let it go. You could say we'll allow a 10cm fudge factor. But then you're arguing about whether it's 9cm beyond the line or 11cm beyond the line. Accept that there will be borderline cases, and the margins sometimes are very thin.

You could change the rules to only look at the feet. But then when somebody's heading a ball the feet might be onside but the head offside, which is a bit unfair.

I'd change it to not look at arms or shoulders.

Whatever, VAR isn't going away.

Seems to me VAR is interfering far too much in the game, let the ref make the decisions, but if he's not sure, let him ask VAR to look at it, It should be silent unless asked for help. what's the point of a referee if your not going to let him do his job. It's spoiling the game

There's no way they will do away with VAR, we need to learn to live with it.
The most obvious change with offsides for me is to stop drawing lines on the pitch. If they cant tell straight away from looking at the camera still, then it isnt a clear and obvious mistake and they should stick with the refs original decision.
Penalty decisions will always be debatable whether you use technology or not - you very rarely get everyone in agreement on them anyway

There's no way they will do away with VAR, we need to learn to live with it.
The most obvious change with offsides for me is to stop drawing lines on the pitch. If they cant tell straight away from looking at the camera still, then it isnt a clear and obvious mistake and they should stick with the refs original decision.
Penalty decisions will always be debatable whether you use technology or not - you very rarely get everyone in agreement on them anyway

I agree to a point but first, glace at Watkins he was offside, the fact that it was his arm and not his foot or chest made it an argument.
That then leads me back to question most people continue to miss is how do they say when the ball is kicked and that is the big issue for me.A ball travelling at 60mph is pretty tricky to track with a TV camera.

I agree to a point but first, glace at Watkins he was offside, the fact that it was his arm and not his foot or chest made it an argument.
That then leads me back to question most people continue to miss is how do they say when the ball is kicked and that is the big issue for me.A ball travelling at 60mph is pretty tricky to track with a TV camera.

I called it from the first tv replay, his arm looked offside but it also looked clear to me he was being pulled back by the defender. I still think that could have been decided in less than a minute without drawing lines across the pitch. If they werent trying to be so precise with the measurement, they would probably have spotted the foul.
I get the point about trying to see when the ball leaves the foot, but that is the same task the ref/linesman has as well.

I called it from the first tv replay, his arm looked offside but it also looked clear to me he was being pulled back by the defender. I still think that could have been decided in less than a minute without drawing lines across the pitch. If they werent trying to be so precise with the measurement, they would probably have spotted the foul.
I get the point about trying to see when the ball leaves the foot, but that is the same task the ref/linesman has as well.

I think it needs to be a quick yep he's a yard offside or he's basically level he's onside. i don't see any cameras that run 90 deg to the pitch like the lino does< I maybe wrong there but I really don't see any true views ever