Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic

much better when we switched to 442. Pleased for Hopper. Played with nouse. If he plays like that every game and bags a goal, he'll do. He was too isolated in the first half. good games for Edan, Grant and Gotts as well. Johnson -not his night.

I really don’t get the comments re Hopper, strikers need service and let’s face it he hasn’t had much. Also bear in mind his defensive capabilities which he has demonstrated countless times.

He had two outstanding first touches in the first half which kept the moves going when the balls fired in at him were very difficult, exactly what he was sogned to do

The slight tweak in the formation did work in our favour tonight. In fact their goal worked in our favour as it gave us a kick up the arse. I wonder if we'd have made that breakthrough if it had kept at 0-0 for longer

Ground out the win in the end but we were poor for 70 mins. Loads of possession with absolutely no effort on goal or even making their defence work. Wigan’s goal was actually the kick up the arse we needed. Once we equalised we upped our game and actually looked like scoring. Walsh very unlucky with his header off the line before Hopper got a very deserved winner. Confidence will be boosted but a very tough match at Spotland to come. Well done lands. 👏👏

If there are any Wigan fans lurking please accept my apologies for the disparaging comments that the commentator Hortin made regarding your league position and ability .I thought Wigan did ok . It was always going be tough tonight and its another 3 points .Bravo Imps

He did his best to put the mockers on Lincoln didn’t he, with his constant first half references to how easy Lincoln were likely to find the match. Dreadful commentator.

If there are any Wigan fans lurking please accept my apologies for the disparaging comments that the commentator Hortin made regarding your league position and ability .I thought Wigan did ok . It was always going be tough tonight and its another 3 points .Bravo Imps
Wigan were as poor a side as we've seen in this league, limited going forward but well organised defensively, you can see how their low goals for/ low goals against has happened. They also lost the plot after Grant equalised.

But there are no easy games at this level, took us a long while to get going tonight but got the result.

I’ll take the win. Very slow in the first half, not sure why we lacked Intensity but we came back well from the goal down. We seem to be lacking in the final third with a goal threat at the minute but I’m sure when it clicks for these guys we’re going to score and we’re going to score big

Another deluded Mariner .................................... Oh dear this is bad. I really want Ollie to succeed but for the first time I am having doubts, we are not just losing but are being outclassed by team with a much smaller fan base - we deserve better...................................Big team Grimsby