Swansea match thread | Vital Football

Swansea match thread

One thing that 60 years of supporting Forest has taught me is not to be too optimistic. But then we'll win a couple and it's got me fantasizing about a play off spot. Must admit though, last seasons capitulation left me wondering whether, for my own sanity, I should try to care less, but once it's got you, it's got you for ever.
It would just be nice to see us winning games that a club with a fan base the size of ours should be winning. We should be beating teams like Swansea.

One thing that 60 years of supporting Forest has taught me is not to be too optimistic. But then we'll win a couple and it's got me fantasizing about a play off spot. Must admit though, last seasons capitulation left me wondering whether, for my own sanity, I should try to care less, but once it's got you, it's got you for ever.
It would just be nice to see us winning games that a club with a fan base the size of ours should be winning. We should be beating teams like Swansea.

In normal times I would agree with you, but don't forget Swansea have just had seven successive seasons in the Premier League, followed by (according to Wikipedia) parachute payments of £42m (2018/19), £35 million last season, and I believe £15m this season. Massive disappointment losing out to them in making the playoffs, but shows how well we did last season when they had a massive advantage over us.

On what basis should we be beating Swansea?

I can only think of Wycombe, Rotherham and Brentford (who've never been there as far as I'm aware) and Bristol City, Millwall, Luton and Preston who've been outside the top flight longer than us.

We're fucking wank and we don't deserve to beat anybody.

On what basis should we be beating Swansea?

I can only think of Wycombe, Rotherham and Brentford (who've never been there as far as I'm aware) and Bristol City, Millwall, Luton and Preston who've been outside the top flight longer than us.

We're fucking wank and we don't deserve to beat anybody.
As I said, fanbase alone should dictate that we are a bigger club than Swansea. I know a fair few clubs such as Reading, Swansea, Bournmouth and Hull have all punched above their weight in the prem in recent years, but that is my point, they were overachieving in relation to gate receipts/resources. We, on the other hand, have underachieved for the past 20+ years.

As I said, fanbase alone should dictate that we are a bigger club than Swansea. I know a fair few clubs such as Reading, Swansea, Bournmouth and Hull have all punched above their weight in the prem in recent years, but that is my point, they were overachieving in relation to gate receipts/resources. We, on the other hand, have underachieved for the past 20+ years.

In terms of gate receipts we're on a par with the Dog & Duck at the moment, chap.

Sheep got pegged back in the last 10 then Wycombe smashed the bar in injury time, their confidence is worse than ours.