Up to 4,000 fans to be allowed at Outdoor Sports from 2.12.2020 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Up to 4,000 fans to be allowed at Outdoor Sports from 2.12.2020

Can we really not wait for the vaccine roll-out?

I mean, is it really too much to ask that a year of our lives is disrupted for the greater good?

I'm glad I wasn't in the trenches with some of the sociopathic specimens on here.
‘In the Trenches’ Notty...that’s the spirit
I had you down as the conscientious objector type

The ONS figure for Lincoln is currently 385/100k in the last 7 days.

For Lincolnshire it's 314.

Bear in mind as well that the manufacturer of the PCR test claims it is 99% accurate, which means 1% are false positives. That means if you test 100k people you get 1000 false positives

Not exactly correct in the maths. Lucky the Royal Institute Christmas lectures from last year covered this subject look at 16 minutes in for the example

It's just the official tally Clanford. I have no idea if that is wrong or right, it's just what the ONS say it is.

I pass no comment on it, it's just out there for you to see for yourself.

We were just trying to establish the prevalence in the area that may affect the ground capacity, and that has been declining in the past 10 days

Fair enough Brendan but honestly that figure is nowhere near the amount of people who have passed away in LCH and is a very misleading way of presenting the numbers.
Bringing it back to the football I can only see us in Lincs being in tier 3 when we come out of lockdown so wont have to worry about who will or wont get tickets for games.

True infection rates have fallen slightly BUT admission rates are raising very quickly especially here.
Not to mention neighbouring areas having very high levels too.
I'm pretty sure we'll be tier after December 2nd, sorry guys.
Let's get vaccinated and get ready to ALL go back in August when it's probably a lot safer.

All I can say to you posters of very diverse (and some frankly irresponsible) comments is this. Those of us who are able and wish to visit Sincil Bank for live football, should do it in December for as sure as eggs is eggs we will be in lockdown again come January.

All I can say to you posters of very diverse (and some frankly irresponsible) comments is this. Those of us who are able and wish to visit Sincil Bank for live football, should do it in December for as sure as eggs is eggs we will be in lockdown again come January.

I'm sorry to have to tell you but your first opportunity to visit to the LNER to watch some live football is more than likely to be a pre season fixture next July.

I'm sorry to have to tell you but your first opportunity to visit to the LNER to watch some live football is more than likely to be a pre season fixture next July.
No need to be sorry, I'm sure you are correct. we will doubtless be in the most severe tier. Just trying to apply a little perspective.

Some very interesting comments so far.
I had decided some weeks ago that I would not be attending any matches or going to a pub until the start of next season. That is my personal decision , it has nothing to do with my age I am 65 but fit has a fiddle with no health problems.
However, I am not a selfish person . Yes I would love nothing more than to watch the imps, I miss it terribly. But I also love my wife, kids and grandkids I would not do anything that could possibly bring this virus home to them.
I believe that to go from a so-called lock down to this is absolutely crazy.
Others obviously are free to do what they wish but on their conscience be it.

Some very interesting comments so far.
I had decided some weeks ago that I would not be attending any matches or going to a pub until the start of next season. That is my personal decision , it has nothing to do with my age I am 65 but fit has a fiddle with no health problems.
However, I am not a selfish person . Yes I would love nothing more than to watch the imps, I miss it terribly. But I also love my wife, kids and grandkids I would not do anything that could possibly bring this virus home to them.
I believe that to go from a so-called lock down to this is absolutely crazy.
Others obviously are free to do what they wish but on their conscience be it.
And so say some of us! Hear, Hear.

It's worse now than it was first time around currently.
Yes the figures on the face of it don't look bad but if it's say 400 per 100000 say half those 400 need hospital treatment that's a hell of a lot of the hospital capacity used up, hence so much other stuff being cancelled. Lincoln ICU has around 20 beds if you split that in half that isn't going to take much filling especially this time of year.
I can't wait to go back to sincil bank but I reckon it'll be nearer to easter than Xmas before we get if not summer as clanfordimp says.

For me, I’ve followed all the rules from day one. I’ve got kids in school, one travelling by bus so I’m already used to rolling the dice with absolutely no choice. I’m not entirely sure how a trip to a well managed stadium enforcing social distancing adds any risk to a sensible chap like me. Bring it on. My conscience will be totally clear if I’m told I can go safely and I choose to go.

I agree though, outside chance of tier 2 but most probably tier 3.

Nottinghamshire is at highest level and neighbours Lincs.
Think Grimsby and Scunny are considered high risk areas (and not just for virus!!).

And what does "up to 4000 mean"?

4000 at Wembley is a bit different to 4000 at Forest Green (not that they'd ever manage that many even if they paid people to endure an afternoon there).

So let's guess it might be 10% up to 4000 for starters or at best 20%. So if Lincoln gets rated lowest tier (and don't think it will be) but if so, then maybe 1000 to 2000 might get allowed in.

If so!
I'd do it on a ballot of season ticket holders who firstly want to go, and secondly are not in a risk group (so exclude all senior tickets for starters) and thirdly those who live near enough (so within Lincs) to avoid unnecessary travel from other areas.
Oh, and no away fans.

Senior tickets have as much right to go as anyone else. Glad you don’t run the football club.

Senior tickets have as much right to go as anyone else. Glad you don’t run the football club.
If you are a senior citizen what are you doing in the Co-op stand with all those hoi polloi, jumping up and down and shouting, thugs and hooligans with their stinking hot pies and chips. Come over to us in the Senility where you belong, you can piss (preferably in the urinal) 3 or 4 times each half and nobody complains, and we take sarnies that don't smell and a thermos. Come on over, you know it makes sense.

For me, I’ve followed all the rules from day one. I’ve got kids in school, one travelling by bus so I’m already used to rolling the dice with absolutely no choice. I’m not entirely sure how a trip to a well managed stadium enforcing social distancing adds any risk to a sensible chap like me. Bring it on. My conscience will be totally clear if I’m told I can go safely and I choose to go.

id agree with that summary
Ultimately if the tier allows people to watch football in a Covid secure environment that the club has enforced then so be it
It’s down to the individual fan to attend or not without feeling guilt in either decision
The club and local/national government are the custodians of the risk and we work to the applicable advice
The same applies to the shops and pubs/restaurants that will be open in December
Uti

Agreed. It's extremely doable to get a few thousand people in and out and never be within a couple of metres of each other in my opinion.. it will take some planning and organising but that can be said about anything.

If you are a senior citizen what are you doing in the Co-op stand with all those hoi polloi, jumping up and down and shouting, thugs and hooligans with their stinking hot pies and chips. Come over to us in the Senility where you belong, you can piss (preferably in the urinal) 3 or 4 times each half and nobody complains, and we take sarnies that don't smell and a thermos. Come on over, you know it makes sense.

I think we all have to sit where the club puts us for these limited capacity games, you might have to move yourself!