Up to 4,000 fans to be allowed at Outdoor Sports from 2.12.2020 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Up to 4,000 fans to be allowed at Outdoor Sports from 2.12.2020

Individual tiers to be announced Thursday it seems. I would assume they would be somewhat flexible to deal with spikes as well

At long last, some sort of normality begins to emerge. As a non season ticket holder it may be a while before I can get some live footy but it will be great to have a partisan crowd backing the Imps again. Hopefully Ifollow will still be available until the grounds are fully open. After that it does need to revert back to encourage fans back in the ground.

Aside from my guessing how the club might handle this and who might or might not be allowed (and I really do think it's common sense to automatically exclude all seniors), the club has always endeavoured to have at least 20% of tickets available for non season ticket holders, and quite rightly. People who cannot afford a season ticket should not find themselves ruled out.
So, if a similar principle is followed in this situation, then you could well have a chance of a ticket.
Anyway, so long as some can go whoever it is, that's a massive bonus.
And let's guess this could continue for remainder of season, by which time, the hopefully impending vaccine rollout might have got through to all of us. And if so, then we ought to be able to return to normality for start of new season in the Championship!

Hopefully Ifollow will still be available until the grounds are fully open

Pretty certain they agreed to the Saturday 3pm showing up to a point more than 50% of capacity could be done across the board. I think it will see the season out, then assuming the vaccines do their business, revert back to pre-Covid come next season

Individual tiers to be announced Thursday it seems. I would assume they would be somewhat flexible to deal with spikes as well

There would be no logic in allowing away fans anywhere, unless both home and away club are in tier one and travel across a higher tier level is not needed. But that gets nigh on impossible to administer, so local home fans only seems the most sensible to me.

Yes I know how many people are in and the amount of wards are taken up by covid patients and if we get anything other than put in the highest tier I'd be astounded.
I think people may getting ahead of themselves a little bit.
Keep up the good work and stay as safe as possible.
Me too mate, glad to see another voice of reason on here.
I'd be amazed if we get in this side of Xmas.
I've worked in the nhs for 26 years and I've never seen anything like this.
This part of the country I believe is the worst affected right now.

Nottinghamshire is at highest level and neighbours Lincs.
Think Grimsby and Scunny are considered high risk areas (and not just for virus!!).

And what does "up to 4000 mean"?

4000 at Wembley is a bit different to 4000 at Forest Green (not that they'd ever manage that many even if they paid people to endure an afternoon there).

So let's guess it might be 10% up to 4000 for starters or at best 20%. So if Lincoln gets rated lowest tier (and don't think it will be) but if so, then maybe 1000 to 2000 might get allowed in.

If so!
I'd do it on a ballot of season ticket holders who firstly want to go, and secondly are not in a risk group (so exclude all senior tickets for starters) and thirdly those who live near enough (so within Lincs) to avoid unnecessary travel from other areas.
Oh, and no away fans.
Didnt think age discrimination is allowed !

Absolutely agree on that. I've actually no idea why any sane person would want to risk any family member just for a day's partying sometime in December.
Phones have been around for some time haven't they? So that's all any of us need to do - wish loved ones Happy Christmas over the phone and meet up only when safe for us all to do. I'd rather have lots more Christmases with family than one last one.

100% Spot on post. For me today’s announcement is madness. I am sure anyone working in the NHS would say so.

Lincolns rate is 792.3 per 100.00 which on the 1st tier system would have put Lincoln in tier 3 . New cases for the week up to 22 Nov is 655 up by 252 . deaths are 7 for the same week up by 4 .

But it all depends on the criteria they use . Certainly going to be interesting

The ONS figure for Lincoln is currently 385/100k in the last 7 days.

For Lincolnshire it's 314.

Bear in mind as well that the manufacturer of the PCR test claims it is 99% accurate, which means 1% are false positives. That means if you test 100k people you get 1000 false positives

And if after those conditions, tickets for non season ticket holders are also available, then next priority to those in members scheme and those who chose to get a refund for this season's season ticket.
And then general sale, but all still as non-vulnerable people and local.
Brace yourselves for a wave of unhappy fans who think that they've not been treated fairly.

SInce 3rd October there have been 13 deaths so far

View attachment 43781

I don't know where this chart is from Brendan but 13 deaths since the beginning of October is incorrect. It is significantly more than that. We are in one of the worst areas for infections in the country. We will be placed in the highest tier after lockdown.
I would be exaggerating if I said the hospital was full of covid patients but believe me the situation is critical in that hospital.

The ONS figure for Lincoln is currently 385/100k in the last 7 days.

For Lincolnshire it's 314.

Bear in mind as well that the manufacturer of the PCR test claims it is 99% accurate, which means 1% are false positives. That means if you test 100k people you get 1000 false positives

Interesting . coronvirus.data.gov.uk gives Lincolns 405.8 / 100.000 and for post code LN5 8LD is actually 792.3 /100.000 . figures given are for the week ending 22 Nov

I suppose its which one the government use

Me too mate, glad to see another voice of reason on here.
I'd be amazed if we get in this side of Xmas.
I've worked in the nhs for 26 years and I've never seen anything like this.
This part of the country I believe is the worst affected right now.

An area of Kent has now overtake Hull to the the worst in the UK