NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 233 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree everyone's is refusing to call out the elephant in the room - there will be a reason (possibly legal would be my guess). But there is clearly something not right.

As has been said perhaps there is no elephant to call out and that all the conspiracy theorists are wrong and it was just a matter of the covid virus slowing down the administration. The cogs within the EFL work slowly anyway but without being able to meet face to face with the bidders and their legal representatives everything is probably having to be done by e.mail and in written form slowing the process even further.

In my opinion if there was a serious problem with the bidders or the bid someone would have found a way, legal or otherwise, of putting the information out. Hopefully it will be completed in the next few days and we can then start to concentrate on getting a team together.

Here's my original post Morris - feel free to point out any ref to Nandy 🤔
You replied " and you know this how"
Also by the tone of your post are you one of my former teachers ?
No I am not. I replied to your post about Lis Nandy, not that one.
Anyway time to put an end to it, as we seem to have got to the point of arguing for the sake of it

The donations were (in part at least) in case of a "last resort".......which thankfully, hasn't occurred. If a reasonable opportunity arises to get a stake on the board for the SC, then I'm not sure if they thin they have a mandate to decide on that by themselves, or if they feel they'll need to put it to a vote ................... but then, would it be a vote of the SC (which doesn't cover all those who donated), or would it be a vote of all those who donated .......some of whom are nowt to do with WAFC, and even those who are WAFC fans, some aren't necessarily members of the SC. (The question was rhetorical by the way .........and I don't know the answer, though I do have a view).

I'm not sure what the SC could have told us that hasn't already been put out there by Kendrick etc. As for "the chosen few" being told John, again, ( I won't make the same joke), I'm not really sure who you mean.

Unless, of course ............................. it's the Dooleys ........................

Shut up

The donations were (in part at least) in case of a "last resort".......which thankfully, hasn't occurred. If a reasonable opportunity arises to get a stake on the board for the SC, then I'm not sure if they thin they have a mandate to decide on that by themselves, or if they feel they'll need to put it to a vote ................... but then, would it be a vote of the SC (which doesn't cover all those who donated), or would it be a vote of all those who donated .......some of whom are nowt to do with WAFC, and even those who are WAFC fans, some aren't necessarily members of the SC. (The question was rhetorical by the way .........and I don't know the answer, though I do have a view).

I'm not sure what the SC could have told us that hasn't already been put out there by Kendrick etc. As for "the chosen few" being told John, again, ( I won't make the same joke), I'm not really sure who you mean.

Unless, of course ............................. it's the Dooleys ........................

You always have to have the last word with everyone on here here. Like you said before last time we were shift. You stopped watching. For all we know you might not even have gone. Last few seasons.

You really can be quite rude at times John.

You always have to have the last word with everyone on here here. Like you said before last time we were shift. You stopped watching. For all we know you might not even have gone. Last few seasons.

How on earth am I trying to have the last word? All I did was to expand on some of the points within your post, and then to again give you the opportunity to explain who you mean by "the chosen few", since it's not the first time you've used this phrase in the past few days.

What on earth my history of watching Latics has to do with anything is completely beyond me, and nothing at all to do with the (attempted) conversation we're having.

John, again, you need to consider
a) why the SC asked for our money in the first place before deciding that you wish you hadn't donated, and
b) who the hell are this "chosen few" to whom you refer.
Oh, and
c) given that you're on a forum, expect that folk might respond to your posts ......... just like they would if this chat was being had at the bar of a pub.

You really can be quite rude at times John.

How on earth am I trying to have the last word? All I did was to expand on some of the points within your post, and then to again give you the opportunity to explain who you mean by "the chosen few", since it's not the first time you've used this phrase in the past few days.

What on earth my history of watching Latics has to do with anything is completely beyond me, and nothing at all to do with the (attempted) conversation we're having.

John, again, you need to consider
a) why the SC asked for our money in the first place before deciding that you wish you hadn't donated, and
b) who the hell are this "chosen few" to whom you refer.
Oh, and
c) given that you're on a forum, expect that folk might respond to your posts ......... just like they would if this chat was being had at the bar of a pub.
Wonder why others have blocked you

Wonder why others have blocked you

"Others"? I know of one other who said he was going to, ......... but Zakky was being just as childish as you are.

Regardless, how did my (I think) perfectly reasonable response provoke you to wonder such a thing?

We were in the shit ......the SC asked for our money ........ for some strange reason, you say you'd rather not have donated. I'm still not sure why. Neither are we any wiser as to who you believe to be the chosen few ................. and what you think they might know that you don't.

If you post stuff John, expect a response ........................ otherwise, you're just talking to yourself, which can't be a good thing.
:cheers:

King sticks out like sore thumb but you wont admit it you i believe are one that wanted pollard in control if you take out sc from those four keep talking about then the three you talk of are the click that wanted wurriors to own the stadium
I personally do not argue with uour choice you are also a wurriors fan but if you dont like the spanish in charge then why dont you just stick to rugby
And let the rest of us who are ok with the spanish move forward into new era
And history of the latics
Instead of moaning about the potential new owners like you continually do

If I'm a rugby infiltrator I've been playing one hell of a long game posting regulary for 12 odd years just in case the opportunity came up at some point to convince about 20 regular posters with zero impact on the process that letting Lenegan own the stadium was a good option...

For the record I'm not a Warriors fan, i was a Saints fan for years before starting watching Latics in the late 1990s, but i haven't watched any rugby league for probably 15 years. I'm just not hung up on an out of date rivalry based on something Lindsey said 30 odd years ago who left the club a decade or so ago - and I've yet to see the evidence Lenegan is the super villain he is made out to be. Trying to buy the heavy loss making stadium when the Americans didn't want it doesn't bother me - if he wanted to transfer the much heavier financial burden of stadium running costs and rates away from us and onto Warriors I'm not opposed to it.

IEC looked dodgy, my gut feeling was it would not end well when I saw their accounts but I parked my skepticism, tried to not be negative and find positives and give benefit of the doubt. After how that all turned out I'm not going to pretend I don't have serious concerns based on what we are seeing. I bet if everyone is honest with themselves deep down most would say something doesn't feel right about the Spanish bid.

I don't subscribe to the notion anyone who doesn't think the Spanish deal is good must have an agenda or be part of an elaborate conspiracy to do with Lenegan. If i did go along with that type of thinking i could say you must be in cahoots with the Spanish trying to silence any concerns to push their agenda - but I wouldn't because that would be just as daft as what you're acusing me of. I'd say it's significantly more likely that the parties I mentioned just have serious concerns on the details currently not shared with the public.

I wonder if part of the issues around the deal are getting the rugby back at the Stadium full time.
Their offices are situated at Robin Park and they had a matchday fanzone there before lockdown.
All taking money from the stadium owners.

Personally I'd have thought setting up their own matchday catering service would have been in breach of contract but obviously not.

Anyway getting them back to the stadium with a revised rental agreement and on a fixed term would increase revenue.
Why would Wigan Warriors agree to a revised rental agreement when their current agreement (which is an immensely good deal in their favour) is contractually binding? For example, let's say I signed a 50 year binding contract with the owner of a top of the range Ferrari giving me the right to drive that Ferrari twice a week for the price of £10 a month where only I and not the current owner or any new owner of the Ferrari down the line have the ability to break that clause. Then, 20 years down the line the owner sells the Ferrari to someone else, who then contacts me, telling me that the price has gone up to £100 a month, I'd wave the contract in their face and tell them to fuck off.

This essentially is what Ian Lenegan can do (and probably has done) to the Spanish should (as many suspect) they be looking to increase their rent.

Whelan's fucked us over on that deal and there's nothing we can do about it until 2050 or whenever the deal ends. Unless of course, the Warriors turn Robin Park into their own ground and leave the DW permanently.

Maybe there is no elephant to call out because there is no elephant. I do agree, I feel all parties are only serving their own agenda. Maybe this nightmare would of took the expected 3-4 weeks if all parties gave their best interest of the club. Maybe not.

What are their agendas though?

I'd say EFL want good owners so they get off the hook for killing us.

Council want good owners for sake of community and revenue club brings into town.

Nandy wants good owners so she can look good to her voters.

SC want good owners for sake of club.

Everyone has the same agenda. If the Spanish bid ticked all the boxes I think all parties would've endorsed it - but it appears that there is something putting them all off. Whatever that is - is the elephant.

Why would Wigan Warriors agree to a revised rental agreement when their current agreement (which is an immensely good deal in their favour) is contractually binding? For example, let's say I signed a 50 year binding contract with the owner of a top of the range Ferrari giving me the right to drive that Ferrari twice a week for the price of £10 a month where only I and not the current owner or any new owner of the Ferrari down the line have the ability to break that clause. Then, 20 years down the line the owner sells the Ferrari to someone else, who then contacts me, telling me that the price has gone up to £100 a month, I'd wave the contract in their face and tell them to fuck off.

This essentially is what Ian Lenegan can do (and probably has done) to the Spanish should (as many suspect) they be looking to increase their rent.

Whelan's fucked us over on that deal and there's nothing we can do about it until 2050 or whenever the deal ends. Unless of course, the Warriors turn Robin Park into their own ground and leave the DW permanently.

Agree with most you say but surely to goodness when the contract and extension was signed it wouldent have meant for the 1999 rent price to remain in place till 2050. Surely theres cost of living clauses in place.

I stand to be corrected but as the company owning the D W Stadium has gone into administration then the agreement about rent ceases to a binding contract and need to be negotiate and signed by both parties.
With the Wigan Council owning the land that the stadium sits on, the lease with the stadium owners is that both the rugby and the football have agreements to play there with new contracts signed.
The statement by the administrators that substantial progress has been made with the council regarding the assignment of the lease may suggest that one party may have been a bit slow in signing on the dotted line for one reason or another.

As far as i'm aware the worriers current rent agreement only covers playing time and a percentage of matchday revenue.
The rugby have moved their offices from the DW to Robin Park. Have they got a cheaper separate deal doing this?
They have also set up a matchday fan zone serving drinks, food etc at Robin Park. Taking money from the stadium.

Maybe the Spanish have enticed them to move their offices back to the DW and close down their fan zone.
Therefore maybe a fresh agreement has been set up which also binds them from moving their offices again and setting up another fan zone elsewhere.

As Zakky says maybe this new rental agreement includes an annual increase.

As far as i'm aware the worriers current rent agreement only covers playing time and a percentage of matchday revenue.
The rugby have moved their offices from the DW to Robin Park. Have they got a cheaper separate deal doing this?
They have also set up a matchday fan zone serving drinks, food etc at Robin Park. Taking money from the stadium.

Maybe the Spanish have enticed them to move their offices back to the DW and close down their fan zone.
Therefore maybe a fresh agreement has been set up which also binds them from moving their offices again and setting up another fan zone elsewhere.

As Zakky says maybe this new rental agreement includes an annual increase.
And who gave them Robin Park with a short spin pass 🤔
Wigan council supporting egg chasing first last and at all times inbetween since 1932.
Why don't the council lift the residential ban on Christopher Park to raise meaningful funds on sale for the football club and invite Latics to share Robin Park as a joint training facility ?
Now that really would support the 2 teams one town (alledged) objective.
And why it would never happen......!

And who gave them Robin Park with a short spin pass 🤔
Wigan council supporting egg chasing first last and at all times inbetween since 1932.
Why don't the council lift the residential ban on Christopher Park to raise meaningful funds on sale for the football club and invite Latics to share Robin Park as a joint training facility ?
Now that really would support the 2 teams one town (alledged) objective.
And why it would never happen......!
Absolutely spot on Hampton yet again.

I would love to know the terms of the agreement between them and Wigan Warriors for the Robin Park arena. Can you ask for a freedom of information from them?

The worriers took over the operating lease from the council though not ownership.
Ahead of this the council paid £6m of local taxpayers money to upgrade the facility - to the warriors requirements - so Lenegan got a state of the art training facility, at no capital cost, a "for free" public use income stream from it to cover the operating costs and Latics got - feck all.
An absolute scandal IMO - if we had equal treatment the council could have bought the DW fm the admins for less than £6m, offered the football club a similar operating lease with a similar "for free" income stream (stadium revenues and rugby fair rental payments)
Now that would have been equitable across both pro clubs in the town.
Now where's our £6m ?

Status
Not open for further replies.