NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 232 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd have thought setting up their own matchday catering service would have been in breach of contract but obviously not.

There's plenty of chip/burger vans park over the bridge - they also take revenue away from the stadium owners. The Brickmakers arms takes revenue away on latics match days.

There's a limit on how far the stadium owners can go with regard to controlling where fans can eat and drink before kick off. They already get all the profits from inside the ground, and if they upped the rent for the warriors, more fans would boycott the inside facilities in favour of spending them in outlets that support the club they support.

Again, how do you know this?
Have you been with her and/ or listened to phone calls and zoom meetings etc?
You don't have a clue, so you are only surmising.
Just because she hasn't been posting or shouting about things doesn't mean she hasn't been doing anything.
You seem very protective of Nandy
Could you explaine the other day why she said on podcast almost the oposit to what was actually happening
She stated there was a problem with funds she also said she wanted exclusivity to end
.most of what she said was bllx
But day after everything was in everything that was required by the efl was done so
Now im not opening old wounds but lets just say she wanted this to go another way which I'm not going into again

QUOTE="pie eater, post: 2556706, member: 11454"]There's plenty of chip/burger vans park over the bridge - they also take revenue away from the stadium owners. The Brickmakers arms takes revenue away on latics match days.

There's a limit on how far the stadium owners can go with regard to controlling where fans can eat and drink before kick off. They already get all the profits from inside the ground, and if they upped the rent for the warriors, more fans would boycott the inside facilities in favour of spending them in outlets that support the club they support.[/QUOTE]

The stadium owners can't stop burger vans selling over the bridge as they probably have a permit from the council. As for pubs there's nothing they can do about them.
But the worriers have a lease at the Stadium which includes paying a percentage of their matchday revenue and I would have thought part of that lease stopped them opening their own premises for match day use. Which inturn reduces money paid as part of the lease.

Last edited:
Again, how do you know this?
Have you been with her and/ or listened to phone calls and zoom meetings etc?
You don't have a clue, so you are only surmising.
Just because she hasn't been posting or shouting about things doesn't mean she hasn't been doing anything.
Not even talking about Nandy 🙈
On about the council - do keep up 🙄

Like I say let's just give the Spanish a chance from what I'm reading you seem to have something against them what if you don't mind me asking is the problem that you don't like about Spanish deal

The fact the EFL, Supporters Club, Nandy and the council all seem to have issues with them. If the Spanish were that good the deal would've been done by now with the SC and EFL passed them.

All parties are desperate for the deal to go through but despite that all 4 previously mentioned parties seem to be reluctant to endorse the deal. If it was just one of them but other 3 gave them the thumbs up then id say it was arguable the odd one out was being difficult but all 4 not being keen sets alarm bells ringing to me. Add to Krasner saying 'I'm not a moralist' in relation to accepting their bid and Martinez seeming keen to state he isn't vouching for them it feels like no one it outright willing to say it but it appears from their actions no one thinks this is a good deal for the club - considering we are in admin that is even more concerning. They aren't going to all be like that if they thought this deal was great.

Last edited:
The fact the EFL, Supporters Club, Nandy and the council all seem to have issues with them. If the Spanish were that good the deal would've been done by now with the SC and EFL passed them.

All parties are desperate for the deal to go through but despite that all 4 previously mentioned parties seem to be reluctant to endorse the deal. If it was just one of them but other 3 gave them the thumbs up then id say it was arguable the odd one out was being difficult but all 4 not being keen sets alarm bells ringing to me. Add to Krasner saying 'I'm not a moralist' in relation to accepting their bid and Martinez seeming keen to state he isn't vouching for them it feels like no one it outright willing to say it but it appears from their actions no one thinks this is a good deal for the club - considering we are in admin that is even more concerning. They aren't going to all be like that if they thought this deal was great.
Don't disagree at all KDZ and if it's such a bad deal then the EFL should throw it out.
We could then move onto the dream ticket of the SC, Wigan Council and Pollard with the support of the MP and the local rag - be careful what you wish for here.....!

All parties are desperate for the deal to go through but despite that all 4 previously mentioned parties seem to be reluctant to endorse the deal. If it was just one of them but other 3 gave them the thumbs up then id say it was arguable the odd one out was being difficult but all 4 not being keen sets alarm bells ringing to me. Add to Krasner saying 'I'm not a moralist' in relation to accepting their bid and Martinez seeming keen to state he isn't vouching for them it feels like no one it outright willing to say it but it appears from their actions no one thinks this is a good deal for the club - considering we are in admin that is even more concerning,. They aren't going to all be like that if they thought this deal was great.

Not doubting that there may be issues with the Spanish bid, KDZ, but as others have said why not come right out and say it.

The EFL have requested further information but not said there is a problem. The SC have said that they were unable to take the opportunity of joining the bid but said it was due to the timing and have said nothing since. Nandy and the council have both made it obvious they would prefer a local bid but neither have said that they have a problem with the Spanish.

They are all being obtuse and no one is saying there is a problem, so maybe they are all just being cautious or following their own agendas.

Not doubting that there may be issues with the Spanish bid, KDZ, but as others have said why not come right out and say it.

The EFL have requested further information but not said there is a problem. The SC have said that they were unable to take the opportunity of joining the bid but said it was due to the timing and have said nothing since. Nandy and the council have both made it obvious they would prefer a local bid but neither have said that they have a problem with the Spanish.

They are all being obtuse and no one is saying there is a problem, so maybe they are all just being cautious or following their own agendas.

I agree everyone's is refusing to call out the elephant in the room - there will be a reason (possibly legal would be my guess). But there is clearly something not right.

The EFL now seem to have got everything they asked for.
The SC simply didn't want
a) to take up the Spanish offer of a 4% stake, and
b) to have the SC money assumed to be part of the Spanish bid.
The Council now seem to have reached an agreement.
Bob was happy to speak to the Spaniards, but didn't want his "involvement" to be misrepresented.

I'm not sure if there are demons lurking somewhere in the future (or an elephant for that matter), but it seems that we will this week have our new owners (complete with their admirable track record) confirmed, and hopefully in place by the end of the month.

Y viva Espana .....................

I agree everyone's is refusing to call out the elephant in the room - there will be a reason (possibly legal would be my guess). But there is clearly something not right.
If there is an elephant the of course it should be called out - unfortunately it's the EFL we are beholden to around said elephant if indeed dumbo exists.
Right now the ball is entirely in their court so everyone (Nandy, the council, the local Rag and the SC) should be massively pressurising the EFL who promised "to do everything to support our club" to make good, for once, on that commitment and end this awful uncertainty one way or another.

And Maybee the Spanish have told the council and the rugby a few home truths and they don’t like it. As for the supporters club wish I hadn’t donated. Any thing now. As not being told any thing only the chosen few

As for the supporters club wish I hadn’t donated. Any thing now. As not being told any thing only the chosen few

The donations were (in part at least) in case of a "last resort".......which thankfully, hasn't occurred. If a reasonable opportunity arises to get a stake on the board for the SC, then I'm not sure if they thin they have a mandate to decide on that by themselves, or if they feel they'll need to put it to a vote ................... but then, would it be a vote of the SC (which doesn't cover all those who donated), or would it be a vote of all those who donated .......some of whom are nowt to do with WAFC, and even those who are WAFC fans, some aren't necessarily members of the SC. (The question was rhetorical by the way .........and I don't know the answer, though I do have a view).

I'm not sure what the SC could have told us that hasn't already been put out there by Kendrick etc. As for "the chosen few" being told John, again, ( I won't make the same joke), I'm not really sure who you mean.

Unless, of course ............................. it's the Dooleys ........................

King sticks out like sore thumb but you wont admit it you i believe are one that wanted pollard in control if you take out sc from those four keep talking about then the three you talk of are the click that wanted wurriors to own the stadium
I personally do not argue with uour choice you are also a wurriors fan but if you dont like the spanish in charge then why dont you just stick to rugby
And let the rest of us who are ok with the spanish move forward into new era
And history of the latics
Instead of moaning about the potential new owners like you continually do

Wigan Council deserve only 2 fingers for their lack of support during this shambles never mind a trip round Willy Wonka's gaff
Here's my original post Morris - feel free to point out any ref to Nandy 🤔
You replied " and you know this how"
Also by the tone of your post are you one of my former teachers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.