Match Thread Posh v Blackpool | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread Posh v Blackpool

So when we lose it's NC's fault and when we win it's Calderwood who gets the credit?

The move to 442 wasn't even his idea!
Didn't Calderwood come in on the Wimbledon game ? It's all changed since then. Critchley is guilty of over playing. There as been a huge difference since Calderwood, but it's pointless arguing with you, cus your always right, so I won't bother anymore.

Didn't Calderwood come in on the Wimbledon game ? It's all changed since then. Critchley is guilty of over playing. There as been a huge difference since Calderwood, but it's pointless arguing with you, cus your always right, so I won't bother anymore.
Calderwood came in the day before the Burton game.

The changes made in the last few games have been made by NC.

I'm not always right by the way, and it's a shame you've reacted in such a way just because we've had a (slight) difference in opinion.

Thought we were dominant today and if we had taken our chances we would have been out of sight had we had our shooting boots on.
The Madine / Yates partnership is beginning to click.
Dougall has made a real difference to the midfield. He holds the ball well and looks forward.
When Yates had that early chance he put wide, then Madine did the same I feared the worst but Yates took his goal well and a second would have killed it.
I missed the posh goal but corners are an achilles heel.
Without seeing their goal I think Marv and Icelandic lad are forming a good partnership, both have impressed me.
For me today the negative, if there was 1 was KK. 2 absolute sitters he wasted and we need to kill these teams off when we are on top in matches.

Happy tonight, let's keep this run going.
Onwards + Upwards

Thought we were dominant today and if we had taken our chances we would have been out of sight had we had our shooting boots on.
Dougall has made a real difference to the midfield. He holds the ball well and looks forward.
When Yates had that early chance he put wide, then Madine did the same I feared the worst but Yates took his goal well and a second would have killed it.
Without seeing their goal I think Marv and Icelandic lad are forming a good partnership, both have impressed me.
For me today the negative, if there was 1 was KK. 2 absolute sitters he wasted and we need to kill these teams off when we are on top in matches.

Onwards + Upwards
Thought Ekpiteta was excellent today.

Better now he doesn't have to fart about holding a high line and the over reliance on passing around at the back. Focus is just on being a defender.

Onwards + Upwards
Dougall is an inspiration, a fantastic signing. Well impressed with our overall performance.

I wonder where we would be now if Madine and Yates had been paired together from the start of the season.

Dougall really does make you realise how much Ward coasts through games doesn't he?

The club might be obsessed by stats now, which almost threatened to stop the season before it started, and is obviously what is getting Ward a gig in these circumstances off the back of safe passing. But the centre of midfield always functions better with actual centre midfielders in it who know the role. For me anyway. Surprised Dougall got as far as 43 mins without a yellow as he was having to cover the workload of two.

Better balance when Robson came on.

I wonder where we would be now if Madine and Yates had been paired together from the start of the season.

They'd be out injured and we'd have no cover as we've only recruited for non-scoring false number 9s, and someone thought Yates could cope being that.

Wonder what January will bring if they're keeping to this set up?

I said weeks ago that there's a feast he 4-4-2 system has been used in football for decades and I got poo-pooed and shouted down with comments like; 'Thats old hat and doesn't work now' - 'Football is much more technical now' and 'You're behind the times' etc..
Who's clever now then?

4-4-2 works, it's simple and direct.

I said weeks ago that there's a feast he 4-4-2 system has been used in football for decades and I got poo-pooed and shouted down with comments like; 'Thats old hat and doesn't work now' - 'Football is much more technical now' and 'You're behind the times' etc..
Who's clever now then?

I can't recall anyone shouting you down.

Who's clever now then?

Saw that. Was on here https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/next-4-league-games.109330/page-3#post-2514066

Critchley said he went to the 4-2-3-1 v MK, but was hard to tell what role Ward actually plays. Was more clear v Wimbledon with two centre mids but it went tits up with the red cards. We got the 4-4-1-1against Burton and seems to have stuck since as more of a straightforward 4-4-2.

It's only as good as Madine and Yates staying fit in a busy run though because of the recruitment policy I would think, and obviously being able to take their chances. Still feels like a stopgap for true intentions but NC maybe caught between a rock and a hard place because this way works and 'his' (what he arrived with trying to copy Liverpool) doesn't, to me.

If they do go back to three forwards eventually then it's got to be with a midfield three with someone stepping forward to join the attack, and the three up top working closer together and linking up, for me. Because of the standard of player we have and are able to sign. And also keep away from a high defensive line, zonal positioning and marking and reliance on the offside trap. And possession for a reason, not just for possession's sake.

Was good to watch Peterborough nearly mugging themselves off by pissing about at the back in the first half today and it not being us.

Last edited:
Just imagine trying to play football in a 4-2-3-1 formation it’s ever likely we got pulled about at the back he’s got a good background has Critchley but he needed that experienced head to come in and show him the way.