Forest v Barnsley, good luck thread. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Forest v Barnsley, good luck thread.

I dont agree completely with the substitution, maybe Guerrero missed a couple of chances but he was holding his position well, and sorry if someone had to be brought in to try an snatch the game, if should have been Ameobi, for me Freeman looks over weight nd not living up to his name.
Hope this defeat doesnt demoralise the team and we end up reverting to a defensive mentality ..

He did look portly.
had good shape with Guererro in there, none once he was subbed.

Cant miss good chances like Guerreros. The lad bottled it.

Bang average mediocre championship team going nowhere.

He really really really should never have been signed

Utter waste

I know lets sign another non goal scoring striker for a team that struggles to score goal

Then spend lots of money on 8 defensive players

When we could have splashed that money on someone like Ivan Toney

Or tried to get another loanee that has actually a decent scoring record

I'd send freeman back in january. Not fussed on knockaert either. We look dreadfully exposed with knockaert and christie (liability) on same side.

Everyone needs to calm down. We were very good today and we looked like we were miles further forward as a team than against boro. The results will come but it was so promising to see the forward players link up and understand each other and the midfield having some actual presence.

We are 12 games in... We beat Brentford 1-0 after 11 games last season - they were on 12 points and in 17th place - they nearly went up automatically. Not saying we’ll go up, but for gods sake, we played really well but it wasn’t to be. Just need consistency.

With respect will the team couldn't have been that good if we lost 2-0 to Barnsley. They also hit the woodwork 3 times .

The team was very good Jock, in both halves! The movement, passing and skill was superb. Yes we should have scored, but Guerrero’s single shot shouldn’t dictate what was crap and going nowhere and what’s good.

If we’d won 1-0, which was just as likely a scoreline, everyone on here would have been saying how much we’ve come along. It was a great watch and credit to Barnsley, they were good too.

Guerrero was playing in the 10 position, he played well apart from not taking those chances. He doesn't look a bad signing at all just needs to take a few chances his link up play had been good, he's looked better than knock and Freeman.

Barnsley aren't a bad side at all, they look like they are improving on the end of last season, bit of a bogey side we shouldn't be too disheartened probably go and beat Bournemouth 2-0 midweek.

The subs argument is good 20/20 hindsight. Barnsley brought 2 subs on after 62, and hit the bar again on 72. CH reacted by putting Freeman on, and he produced some magic before looking up and pulling the ball back...a yard too far ahead of Lolley. It ran to Christie who shot over.

When Barnsley brought on two more subs they clearly hoped pace and fresh legs would do the trick. But subbing your captain carries a risk. It worked out for them, but CH would have felt at 0-0 that his team were looking good enough not to disrupt the rhythm.

Guerrero was playing in the 10 position, he played well apart from not taking those chances. He doesn't look a bad signing at all just needs to take a few chances his link up play had been good, he's looked better than knock and Freeman.

Barnsley aren't a bad side at all, they look like they are improving on the end of last season, bit of a bogey side we shouldn't be too disheartened probably go and beat Bournemouth 2-0 midweek.

Bournemouth came back to beat reading today after being 2-0 down. Swansea and Watford after .

I am confused why CH is so against using the bench, we have more to use and he just refuses to. The game stretched would be nice to have a player who can run with ball half a pitch, like say Ameobi? Riberio was looking knackered we had 2 left backs on the bench, surely makes sense to get some fresh legs on when you've got 2 extra subs? They used all 5 possibly played a part in both goals as they had more energy.

He's got a rep for that. Just how he is.

I'd send freeman back in january. Not fussed on knockaert either. We look dreadfully exposed with knockaert and christie (liability) on same side.

Christie's the issue there for me.

In fact the wider issue is that we've bought a load of players who can attack, but can't defend, and given them to a manager who traditionally gets teams organised & defending well.

Typically short-sighted stupidity from the so called "pros" who run us. Hughton needs to shape HIS vision, much like most managers.

Trouble is we've pricks like Ventroz playing football manager, and thinking they know better.

Bournemouth came back to beat reading today after being 2-0 down. Swansea and Watford after .
People were doom and gloom when we were away to Blackburn - we never win there, they were flying - but we scraped a win and got the season moving.

Forest shouldn't fear anyone in this league. Not saying we'll win the next few games, mind...