Forest v Barnsley, good luck thread. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Forest v Barnsley, good luck thread.

I've kept quiet for a while to give the team a chance to develop and prove that my worries about them were unfounded. Unfortunately I'm still shitting it because we aren't progressing.

We are in a relegation battle until proven otherwise. The results and performances speak for themselves.

We said this when we beat Coventry; at this level, take your chances of be prepared to get arsefucked. Barnsley had two shots on target and scored both.

You can say that to the power of ten in the PL.

Forest had plenty of chances, took none.

Opened us up to a sucker punch with a worldie and a stupid mistake from a team that was banking on a late winner and gave up when they went behind

I've kept quiet for a while to give the team a chance to develop and prove that my worries about them were unfounded. Unfortunately I'm still shitting it because we aren't progressing.

We are in a relegation battle until proven otherwise. The results and performances speak for themselves.
The results speak for themselves, the performances don't.

We probably should have won today

Yes, we are in a relegation battle this season (you have stolen my phrase) but there is a lot more to come.

On xp we are top six, so the goal and performance potential is there. You would hope that will at some point be realised, although there is no guarentee

I’m yet to see hughtons impact...because whatever has happened we don’t score enough and we concede too many

First was avoidable no one closed him down but hell of a strike, 2nd we were all over the place again could have dealt with it if we weren't sulking.

Had Guerrero taken his chances we probably would have seen it out 2-0, need result at Bournemouth now and they will have their tails up after today.

Hard to take after Forest looked in control for most of the game, but Barnsley had already hit the bar three times, made some vital blocks at the other end, and played well.

The good Grabban would have tucked away both Guerrero's chances, but the recent Grabban would have blazed both wide. I thought we created a few exciting moves and looked better in the final third as well - but not quite there yet, still final ball either just off target or well cut out.

Ribeiro seemed to tire, as did Lolley - maybe Hughton should have brought a couple more subs on.

The results speak for themselves, the performances don't.

We probably should have won today

Yes, we are in a relegation battle this season (you have stolen my phrase) but there is a lot more to come.

On xp we are top six, so the goal and performance potential is there. You would hope that will at some point be realised, although there is no guarentee

Yes credit where it's due Popey, that is your phrase. I wish I hadn't felt the need to repeat it a couple of times!

We look good in flashes but this team's greatest ability seems to be finding ways not to win. They terrify me because I can see us waiting for the upturn all the way into an arse twitching relegation scrap. Hope I'm wrong.

Losing at Oakwell is nothing new, did anyone expect anything else today? I'm not as raging as usual, came to terms with it before we kicked off.

Strange game to describe. A team that hits the post three times deserve to win and their first goal was a reflection of how good their shots from far are.
But Forest didn't play badly, we played worst and won !! Our movement of the ball on the break was nice. Dont know of you guys, but I felt that Barnsley s defense was much more composed under pressure then ours. When Barnsley got close to our box we looked panicking, on the other hand Barnsley apart from Guerreros first chance, seemed to cope well.
Another good game from Taylor, if that header went in ... who knows how the game would have ended.
I dont agree completely with the substitution, maybe Guerrero missed a couple of chances but he was holding his position well, and sorry if someone had to be brought in to try an snatch the game, if should have been Ameobi, for me Freeman looks over weight nd not living up to his name.
Hope this defeat doesnt demoralise the team and we end up reverting to a defensive mentality ..

Not as good second half, but probably didn't deserve to lose by 2. However we did and the worrying thing was how heads went down and things fell apart after the first goal. Going forward we must find a a away to get more players in the box, so that on the odd occasion when a decent cross comes in it has a few targets. Guerero or whatever his name is, is too inconsistent a few good touches, but outweighed by poor control on a number of occasions not to mention the missed chances

We actually played some decent football and players linking up well.
Tough game against Bournemouth who played very well today. Important to get something from the game. Otherwise we'll be struggling for confidence.

Yes credit where it's due Popey, that is your phrase. I wish I hadn't felt the need to repeat it a couple of times!

We look good in flashes but this team's greatest ability seems to be finding ways not to win. They terrify me because I can see us waiting for the upturn all the way into an arse twitching relegation scrap. Hope I'm wrong.

Losing at Oakwell is nothing new, did anyone expect anything else today? I'm not as raging as usual, came to terms with it before we kicked off.
Can't disagree with any of that. Many a good side have sleepwalked into relegation.

I might be inclined to say that relegation and then the momentum of a thumping promotion campaign might be just what we need to get ourselves up this division.

But we all know that if we went down, there would be no thumping promotion season, just incompetence and calamity

I am confused why CH is so against using the bench, we have more to use and he just refuses to. The game stretched would be nice to have a player who can run with ball half a pitch, like say Ameobi? Riberio was looking knackered we had 2 left backs on the bench, surely makes sense to get some fresh legs on when you've got 2 extra subs? They used all 5 possibly played a part in both goals as they had more energy.