vs Charlton | Page 3 | Vital Football

vs Charlton

Fair result imo. Happy enough with the performance.

Better from the Gills today. Shame our forwards can't score.

Dunno about you lot but I thoroughly enjoyed that. Definitely worth the tenner.

First half we were good, we managed to successfully utilise a high press and more than matched them.

Second half they controlled the start much more as we couldn't engage the press as well. I thought we gained a bit of momentum when Akinde came on and it's shame Oliver missed the chance to go 2-up.

Charlton were decent if nothing special but a draw was the fair result in my opinion.

I enjoyed it too, Lockdown, we played some decent stuff at times and we were particularly good with interceptions and connecting clearances to our wide men. Especially good games from Dempsey and Tucker and Ogilvie was very good also, proving that he can be as effective at LB as in central defense. Great penalty save by Bonham to deny the visitors in the first half.

Back four looked good and McKenzie did well in front of them, particularly in the second half.

All in all, happy with our performance. Charlton will finish top six, little doubt about that but today, thought a draw was a fair enough result. Well done Gills.

Agree with the sentiments of most. I enjoyed that - good match, fair result and I'd have taken that before against a form Charlton side. However, it's two points shelled - at 1-0, that Oliver one on one was a sitter and cost us the game. I was also disappointed that our forwards didn't make more of their two ultra pedestrian centre backs. However, overall an improved performance, but our forwards do need to improve - Oliver's all round game is good, but he needs to find the net more and Samuel just needs to improve - Akinde is looking better than either of them IMO at the moment.

Two soft penalties, but fair play to Bonham for a smashing save; I thought their keeper could have done better with an average Graham penalty, but to be fair, their keeper made some good saves and probably earned them a point.

I’m a bit disappointed in the Spotters forum contributions.
Credit to Gillingham?
Gillingham defended well?
Typical Evans side?

One or two “should be beating the likes etc” but overall, pretty complimentary.
What is going on ?

I reckon he did clip him but I don't think it was deliberate.

It shouldn't matter whether it was intentional or not. If Akinde was clear through and tripped, even if accidentally, it's not fair that he misses out on a goalscoring opportunity due to the defender being too clumsy.

I’m a bit disappointed in the Spotters forum contributions.
Credit to Gillingham?
Gillingham defended well?
Typical Evans side?

One or two “should be beating the likes etc” but overall, pretty complimentary.
What is going on ?

Forum I've just checked (https://forum.charltonlife.com/disc...urday-21st-november-2020-post-match-thread/p2) has:

"Also this is like beating a dead horse but Steve Evans, just fuck off you absolute Jupiter sized tosser "

"Dirty horrible scraggy pikie scumhole full of dirty horrible scraggy pikie scumbags"

"Gillingham play anti football and hope they get relegated"

Although to be fair there are some other comments along the lines of we defended well and stopped them from playing their game.