#COVID19 | Page 579 | Vital Football

#COVID19

The issue isn't if Corbyn is an anti-semite or not, I think he would be horrified to be labelled that way. It's if a culture that began out of genuine concerns over Israeli policy and concern for the Palestinian people allowed something more insidious to breed within Labour.

The lines between anti-semite and anti-zionism blurred, and even if JC himself wasn't leading an anti-semitic charge there was an element of turning a blind eye.

By minimising bigotry you allow it to flourish and as much as folk want to dance around and blame the media and the Jews (without a hint of irony from some posters here) it us real and repugnant.

As a leader you are responsible for those you lead. As a leader you are responsible for the culture you create.

Do I think JC is an anti-semite? No.
Do I think he played a part in creating the conditions where it flourished in Labour? Yes.

He and his followers can deny responsibility all they like, they can keep minimising and blaming everyone else but this is the reality.

What’s the Corbyn supporters plans? Get him back as leader so he can lose a third election? Elevate him to sainthood? Have a night of broken glass?

I mean the Tories are actually ruining the country like really the worst government we have pretty much ever had ever & they’d rather fight each other it’s disgusting, I thought Corbyn was the past & that’s where he got his ideas from but I actually hate him as his idiots are allowing this shit to happen

What’s the Corbyn supporters plans? Get him back as leader so he can lose a third election? Elevate him to sainthood? Have a night of broken glass?

I mean the Tories are actually ruining the country like really the worst government we have pretty much ever had ever & they’d rather fight each other it’s disgusting, I thought Corbyn was the past & that’s where he got his ideas from but I actually hate him as his idiots are allowing this shit to happen

Presumably he'll be raised into heaven in a chariot of fire.

Oh no wait, God is Jewish...

I'm surprised you're a little resistant to the concept...
Just not sure where it would lead and haven't really thought it through to be militant about the issue.

Also not sure why we should be taking on the risk and then subsidising, say g8, countries to protect their citizens. If those countries have specific neglected communities then we could have targeted aid.

Mrs ITTO used to work alongside Big Pharma and is less forgiving about their behaviour. I think they serve a purpose.

The risk is there from any perspective, not just capitalism.

I don't see it as only a risk to potential profits. The development costs are huge so I see the risk as more about potential losses. We, the taxpayers, could have invested zillions in a dud. As it turns out, things are going well. (Yay. Lesson learnt: it is worth backing scientist and building a science base - not just in a crisis, but perpetually.)

I don't think we should be spending a particularly large portion of our Int Dev budget in the USA, do you? Horses for courses.

I wasnt being obtuse, well not on purpose but risk is pretty subjective. Development costs or investment? Very much depends on what your goals are.

Should we invest some of our int dev in the US- why not! Given their systemic racism, levels of absolute poverty and various other social ills its not like they dont need an intervention.

Its the same old same old, jc not actually attacking starmer but not doing anything to stop it either. I guess his supporters figure its just a numbers game, put him in front of the electorate often enough and at some point enough people will vote for him.

What was it einstein said about insanity...

I don't want Corbyn to be leader he tried twice and failed very badly the second time round.

What I do want is what Starmer promised. Unity and to carry on with trying to get the Tories out! With forward thinking policies.

The reason this all kicked off is because Starmer made the wrong decision. And he's probably going to regret this.

Then we've CP name calling and the same people jumping in trying to act they know best. It's a debate not a bloody crime.

And before CP says anything. DF was bang out of order.

You and your ilk are far closer to the right than those capable of independent thought. You both play the blame game constantly, what you do over anti-semitism and the lost elections is no different to Trump.
You're so wrong! What've I done over anti-semitism?

I've never said that the election was fraudulent. Labour lost badly. It was embarrassing. And very costly.

Its the same old same old, jc not actually attacking starmer but not doing anything to stop it either. I guess his supporters figure its just a numbers game, put him in front of the electorate often enough and at some point enough people will vote for him.

What was it einstein said about insanity...
Wrong!

My brother a paramedic he's working fifteen hour shifts. His crewmate fell ill last Friday. She later tested positive for Covid.

But he's still working. I said surely that's not right. Apparently because they're wearing masks all day they don't have to self isolate.

I don't want Corbyn to be leader he tried twice and failed very badly the second time round.

What I do want is what Starmer promised. Unity and to carry on with trying to get the Tories out! With forward thinking policies.

The reason this all kicked off is because Starmer made the wrong decision. And he's probably going to regret this.

Then we've CP name calling and the same people jumping in trying to act they know best. It's a debate not a bloody crime.

And before CP says anything. DF was bang out of order.

Ah but you're more than happy with crazy conspiracy theories but if anyone calls them out you don't like it. Why is the truth not important to you?

No positive Covid cases at the children's school this week. The first time since September. Hopefully the lockdown beginning to show results. Also the school more tough on the wearing face masks. Which I couldn't understand why the schools didn't in the first place. Not just schools the nation.

I wonder how many lives would of been saved if from the very start people were encouraged to wear a masks. Instead of Trump and Johnson dithering.

The issue isn't if Corbyn is an anti-semite or not, I think he would be horrified to be labelled that way. It's if a culture that began out of genuine concerns over Israeli policy and concern for the Palestinian people allowed something more insidious to breed within Labour.

The lines between anti-semite and anti-zionism blurred, and even if JC himself wasn't leading an anti-semitic charge there was an element of turning a blind
Presumably he'll be raised into heaven in a chariot of fire.

Oh no wait, God is Jewish...

There is no god

I wouldn't be opposed. It is distasteful that pharma companies make vast amounts of money but they have to be profitable. It would be a good gesture but I don't think there is any particular need for it so long as pricing is reasonable and fair. Obviously I would be dead against profiteering.
I don't know much about it but I suspect that the countries who would theoretically benefit most from that idea would not be able to make their own versions anyway. Sales volumes are going to be big numbers so profit margins should be small.

Always knew you were an optimist.

No one wants Corbyn back

Some of us recognise how much bullying was going on to discredit him and how much of it made into your subconscious and some are still spouting the same drivel about him as it is now hard wired into you

It really was easy for them to do it

So again did you like the Manifestos and did you like the direction of the party in terms of what its stood for, for the less off and everyday people or are you still going to go on like you didn't fall for the politics of personality and view it as some reality TV contest

And yes the Tories are running the country into the ground so Starmer is an idiot for letting this happen? Because I couldn't agree with you more

Glad you have cleared that because as it is only going to get worse

Last edited: