Forest v Barnsley, good luck thread. | Vital Football

Forest v Barnsley, good luck thread.

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
I've been supporting the Reds for more years than I care to divulge on here and am certain that luck, both good and bad, plays a part in the proceedings. With that in mind I'm pushing my luck again with this game. It's fair to point out that the Tykes are only 1 point better off than us, also that we're only 7 points off the top 6. In my opinion we could be worse off. I'm looking forward to reading much more interesting stuff from you fellows who have the proper knowledge. I've known a few Yorkshire people in my time and in general am not impressed, in fact my wife has a few of them as relatives and that's not helped either. When we came over in 1980 for a few weeks holiday we were staying for a few days at a rellies in York and on the way called in to see one of her uncles in Barnsley. When he found out that we weren't staying overnight he played hell with me and it's stuck in my mind ever since. Much like you lot and the coal miners years ago.
I'm expecting to get a point at least out of this game but it won't be easy.
And I do realise it's an away game.

Last edited:
Hope you luck holds ORF, if it does it will begin to look as if you have got the job of the match day thread for a while. As you say we should be looking at a point at least, but really need to be looking to impose ourselves in games like these, and go for the win,but can't get the memory of the last 2 horrific performances there out of my head.

Cracking stuff ORF. Still no weather forecast or sponsor but better than the usual dross served up by Wonky and his little gang.

After our last 2 trips to Barnsley I am slightly dreading this one. We've been to Oakwell twice in recent months and been absolute garbage both times.

I am hoping that a better performance and a better result - even if it's just a draw - will signify that we officially out of our rut.

v Barnsley
Games won:
Games drawn:
Games lost:

Recent record is pretty even, we’ve lost the last 2 but then won the 2 before that then it’s another loss & another win before that.

first game was in 1906 when ORF was just starting school.

Biggest loss was 5-0 in January 1914

& biggest win 7-1 was actually the day our own dear Clanger was born in 1957

I've been supporting the Reds for more years than I care to divulge on here and am certain that luck, both good and bad, plays a part in the proceedings. With that in mind I'm pushing my luck again with this game. It's fair to point out that the Tykes are only 1 point better off than us, also that we're only 7 points off the top 6. In my opinion we could be worse off. I'm looking forward to reading much more interesting stuff from you fellows who have the proper knowledge. I've known a few Yorkshire people in my time and in general am not impressed, in fact my wife has a few of them as relatives and that's not helped either. When we came over in 1980 for a few weeks holiday we were staying for a few days at a rellies in York and on the way called in to see one of her uncles in Barnsley. When he found out that we weren't staying overnight he played hell with me and it's stuck in my mind ever since. Much like you lot and the coal miners years ago.
I'm expecting to get a point at least out of this game but it won't be easy.
And I do realise it's an away game.

STILL no weather report? You really are worse than Hitler.

Nice one ORF. My last time at Barnsley involved arriving just before kick-off and feeling lucky to get a parking spot in the car park adjacent to the ground and we were near the stadium end too! On leaving, we found out why we got such a "good" spot. It took about an hour to get out of the car park and we were at the back of the line. Forest won 3-1. Ah well...