A.S.M.? | Vital Football

A.S.M.?

Sir Laz

Vital Football Hero
Is he fit ? Or carrying a knock or is it a lack of form,.He seems below par and off the pace.

I dont think hes 100% fit but I dont think we play to his strengths either

Hes a final third player and we dont spend a lot of time in the final third

I reckon what we see now is how it will be with him, blowing hot and cold with the odd game where he makes the difference - we need to be far more attack minded to see the best of him

Think its a bit of everything Laz! The clown has played injured players in the past up to the point they need surgery so it wouldn't surprise me. As well as the burden of being the only creative outlet on the pitch.

Once again Broocies tactics are give the ball to ASM! A off the pace ASM is still better than Almiron though, think its time Fraser came in for him.

He is nowhere near as good as some of our fans think for me, odd decent flashes of form. best of a poor bunch of "creative" players at the club.

He's a good if somewhat inconsistent player. He's not being pushed or educated in his play like he would at say an obvious example like Liverpool or even Leicester. Bruce seems now to just bung him in a free role without having the right runs, movement and play around him. You've also probably got a little bit of 2nd season syndrome going on. Having said that he still nearly scored on Sunday, is vital on the break, is a player who other players feel they can just give the ball to if they'e out of ideas and is well worth being in the side as he creates space as opposition players nearly always now double on him .

He is a [potential match winner but gets hacked down numerous times. Would be more impressive if he was playing in an attack minded team. Like the team as a whole lacks consistancy and Bruce tends to play them till they get a serious injury.

He's a good if somewhat inconsistent player. He's not being pushed or educated in his play like he would at say an obvious example like Liverpool or even Leicester. Bruce seems now to just bung him in a free role without having the right runs, movement and play around him. You've also probably got a little bit of 2nd season syndrome going on. Having said that he still nearly scored on Sunday, is vital on the break, is a player who other players feel they can just give the ball to if they'e out of ideas and is well worth being in the side as he creates space as opposition players nearly always now double on him .

This bugs the fuck out of me..

If Bruce had anything about him he would realise what we potentially have with ASM but because we sit so deep for most of the game we rarely capitalise on the space created purely by him having possession

I think a lot of the comments are spot on. When he clicks he looks really good and is an asset to the club. At the moment he is drifting in and out of games but the way we set up doesn’t help a player like him.

Slowly having the ability coached out of him and now being played out of position

My 30 year old Citroen AX could accelerate quicker than Andy Carroll. It’s been in the scrap yard for 18 years.

Captain fabtastic with his great defending again too.

Looks like he signed a new contract now its "pipe and slippers".

Rubbish . He was trying yesterday but he's not a number 10 he's a winger. This is on Bruce he's once again playing players out of position. It's the same as putting Schar in midfield and hammering Schar. If he played Darlow as a striker whose fault is it if he's shit in the role ? Darlow's ?

Last edited:
One of the only players we have who can bring the ball from defence to attack and now he's strolling around up front like a lost cause. I'm starting to wonder now is joelinton really that bad or has he been Brooced

I hope not but over the games he'[s played since signing his new contract he appears to me like he has become Kenedied,another player who at first showed great promise and potential.

Kenedy was a victim of Benitez as ASM is a victim of Bruce

Both asked to do a job in a midfield more setup for defensive duties than attacking

Kenedy was a victim of Benitez as ASM is a victim of Bruce

Both asked to do a job in a midfield more setup for defensive duties than attacking

Not a fair comparison . Asm is a victim of Bruce but Kenedy essentially downed tools here. He was having personal problems and the club allowed him plenty of leeway when it came to training.