Arsenal v Aston Villa Match Thread 08/11/2020 19:15 | Page 33 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Aston Villa Match Thread 08/11/2020 19:15

Brilliant performance all round and very difficult to pick a MOM, you could make a case for several of them. If our 2nd goal had been scored by Man City or Liverpool it would get re-run every hour on SSN today, surely it will be up there for goal of the month.

Brilliant performance all round and very difficult to pick a MOM, you could make a case for several of them. If our 2nd goal had been scored by Man City or Liverpool it would get re-run every hour on SSN today, surely it will be up there for goal of the month.
Very difficult to pick a MOTM. I think Trezeguet, Targett and Luiz had their best games of the season so far so I'd be tempted to give it to one of them. Barkley is just excellent though, I hope he and Grealish can play together like that for the rest of the season. Watkins was excellent too.

There's been a fair bit of stick for Barkley, Trezeguet and Targett last couple of games before Arsenal, Last night all three put in a great performance, Targett picked out Grealish with a lovely ball from the centre for McGinn's disallowed goal, Should of had an assist to his name for the first, along with Trezeguet being in the right place at the right time should of had a goal to his name.

Trezeguet won the ball back on the right to fire Barkley up wide that should of had an assist for Grealish's effort cleared off the line, Luiz perfect ball for Barkley to volley a cross in (extremely hard to do) and Watkins put it away.

An then for the final goal Watkins could of gone for the easier option and played Barkley through on goal, but a striker wanting goals (I don't blame him!) scored a beautiful goal through the legs of the keeper pretty much the only striking option from a tight angle.

I could talk about all the players, but you've got to hand it to the three players who have bounced back and on another day would of been on the score sheets themselves.

So pleased for all three of them, it was a proper teams performance, Happy Watkins finally got some service too, and Grealish is getting the recognition, what's that 4 goals, 5 assists in 7 games ?

Hard to call for MOTM but I'd still give it to Jack, Watching an Arsenal fan on AFTV himself and Shearer saying Villa should of had 6 or 7 tonight, Amazing performance from start to finish, After a couple of humbling losses I still think we're well value for money for a top 10 finish, I won't be surprised if Arsenal get thumped by Leeds in their next match.

Such a weird season.

Last edited:
I've just watched the highlights on YouTube. Those were three excellent goals.
When we're on form, we can give any team a good match and will win more often than not. The key words here are "on form" of course.

Arsenal weren't that bad. When they did get going we had to be on top form to keep them contained. Wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Leeds.

Just a shout to the Arsenal fans, even though they were hurting they gave us some very nice comments, unlike the scouse, who seem to think everyone’s beneath them..

We're 3 points off top with a game in hand from 7 games and deserving wins against Liverpool and Leicester has given our name some worthy respect. I bet they'd be sour as a grapefruit if it hadn't been for them wins.

They've also said it was their worst performance in a couple of years, and rated their players 1s and 3s for me taking credit away from us, and focusing purely on who they need to replace and who's to blame, majority blaming the manager.

Obviously it's nothing new, and when we were done over by Leeds we were saying the same thing, But like you say there's a few nice comments, Perhaps if we had done Arsenal 7-2, Liverpool fans might of been nicer with a 3-0 defeat lol.

I was chatting with a mate on Saturday (he's a Leicester fan but please don't judge). I said the perfect set of results for Sunday would be a loss for the Tesco bags and Dingles, a draw in the Citeh-Dippers match and a decent result (draw or win) for us at Arse. Didn't work out too badly did it?
:smoke::utv::smoke::utv:

We're 3 points off top with a game in hand from 7 games and deserving wins against Liverpool and Leicester has given our name some worthy respect. I bet they'd be sour as a grapefruit if it hadn't been for them wins.

They've also said it was their worst performance in a couple of years, and rated their players 1s and 3s for me taking credit away from us, and focusing purely on who they need to replace and who's to blame, majority blaming the manager.

Obviously it's nothing new, and when we were done over by Leeds we were saying the same thing, But like you say there's a few nice comments, Perhaps if we had done Arsenal 7-2, Liverpool fans might of been nicer with a 3-0 defeat lol.

Got to say, it was another impressive performance, for the first time in years, I'm not looking forward to playing you at all!!

Good luck all, a well deserved win.

Sky are showing the whole game again now. It's on 57th minute point. Sometimes it's hard to watch a game properly live due to nerves. But watching it now.....my god we were brilliant!

Yep, you can be much more objective especially if its a loss.

I think that was a better performance than the Liverpool game.
Agree sirdennis. Against Liverpool if we had took aim at the Trinity Road stand it would have ended up in the back of the net, it was just one of those games when everything went in, even big deflections.
Last night was total domination, away from home, at Arsenal where we never do it, with all the team firing on all cylinders.
That was our best perfomance in a number of years.