The 20/21 Season FA Cup Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The 20/21 Season FA Cup Thread

The only thing that could have improved this weekend would have been us beating Scunthorpe or Grimsby by 6, and to be honest if we put 6 past FG well who knows how many

We took a lot of verbal grief over the years from the likes of Scunthorpe, Mansfield and the cods - all to be expected and fair enough due to locality. I take a certain amount of Schadenfreude at them now.

However my greatest delight so far as the demise of local clubs goes is reserved for Chesterfield and Notts County who through financial cheating over the years gained massive advantages over us which indirectly may have had a small part in our descent to non league misery.

I know we often refer to cheats 'getting away with it' and not being properly punished (Rotherham, Bournemouth spring to mind) but at least in the case of County and Chesterfield it very much is not the case and justice has been well and truly dished.

Last edited:
I see it was Pearce ex Mansfield CB who scored winner for Solihull. Think he was mentioned in despatches as a possible signing for us not that long ago, but a good player at that level I would think.

I've switched my viewing to the Wigan-Chorley game.

Chorley have pulled level there from 2 down and are all over them. That dodgy takeover has screwed Wigan big time

I've switched my viewing to the Wigan-Chorley game.

Chorley have pulled level there from 2 down and are all over them. That dodgy takeover has screwed Wigan big time
That sounds like a cracker. Local Derby of sorts as well. I don't know the history but I wouldn't be surprised if they had quite a rivalry when you consider Wigan were a non league side until 1978.

Just turned to BBC1 without the sound on, and from the caption BNT v BTN. Think they could do a bit better, have no idea who’s playing from that

That sounds like a cracker. Local Derby of sorts as well. I don't know the history but I wouldn't be surprised if they had quite a rivalry when you consider Wigan were a non league side until 1978.

It's been quite entertaining in a ball spend a lot of time in the air kind of game. Wigan are down to 10 men as well. I'd like to think we'd be doing far better against the team currently bottom of the NLN even with a player short

Loads of shocks in the first round... so plenty of opportunities for us to pull a non league side out of the bag in the second round. Whether that is a good or bad thing though...

Just watching the penalties at Eastleigh and the PA announcer is talking through every shot............can't be helpful for the players