Rashford | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rashford

It’s all very easy to critique, when the side you voted for aren’t in charge.

I’ll change who I vote for, depending on who’s policies I agree with on the most.

DMing some one, on a topic that they haven’t even responded to it’s quite bizarre.

On this topic, it’s more than just letting children go hungry (which shouldn’t happen) and it’s sickening that the MPs get subsidised meals and voted this policy down - wrong on every level.

But when do we start taking responsibility, yes there are people who fall on hard times and these people absolutely need the help, but then you get the serial abusers of the system - with their sky tv, designer clothes and fags who are only further encouraged by this.

Children should never go hungry and if this is the only solution - then it should never have been voted down and I wouldn’t have myself as I certainly cannot think of a way of feeding the most vulnerable, without also having scum bags take the mick out of the system.

I've never really bought this narrative, in the sense that the number of people who abuse the system are no where near as large as the tabloids paint them to be.

I also think, given humanity tends to follow normal distributions in most of its attributes, there isn't that much sense designing policy that seems geared more towards the extreme ends of the curve than the vast majority of people who don't take the piss. As the phrase goes, "hard cases make bad law".

I also think it matters what kind of society we collectively build and how that changes people's perceptions and behaviours.

I don't see these points as being especially idealistic - in fact, I see them as being pragmatic. We don't do well at "virtuous circles" in this country.

It’s all very easy to critique, when the side you voted for aren’t in charge.

I’ll change who I vote for, depending on who’s policies I agree with on the most.

DMing some one, on a topic that they haven’t even responded to it’s quite bizarre.

On this topic, it’s more than just letting children go hungry (which shouldn’t happen) and it’s sickening that the MPs get subsidised meals and voted this policy down - wrong on every level.

But when do we start taking responsibility, yes there are people who fall on hard times and these people absolutely need the help, but then you get the serial abusers of the system - with their sky tv, designer clothes and fags who are only further encouraged by this.

Children should never go hungry and if this is the only solution - then it should never have been voted down and I wouldn’t have myself as I certainly cannot think of a way of feeding the most vulnerable, without also having scum bags take the mick out of the system.

How many ‘serial abusers’ do you know? There’s apparently thousands of them sponging off the state so it shouldn’t be hard to give an example.

And I can guarantee you the very same people that say foreign aid should be spent at home are the very same people swallowing this bullshit.

How many ‘serial abusers’ do you know? There’s apparently thousands of them sponging off the state so it shouldn’t be hard to give an example.

And I can guarantee you the very same people that say foreign aid should be spent at home are the very same people swallowing this bullshit.

I know a decent amounts of people on long term benefits with subscription TV, fags, takeaways etc - with and without kids.

Are all the people you know, who claim benefits hard working individuals who have fallen on hard times?

I would rather have kid not go hungry though, especially whilst MPs claim for their subsidised meals.

I know a decent amounts of people on long term benefits with subscription TV, fags, takeaways etc - with and without kids.

Are all the people you know, who claim benefits hard working individuals who have fallen on hard times?

I would rather have kid not go hungry though, especially whilst MPs claim for their subsidised meals.

And subsidised booze.

Yeah the whole thing is rotten.

MPs and morals just don’t go together.

The politics thread - in between my rants - has some interesting points about improving our democracy that I think almost everyone could agree on.

We just need to elect a party that has the balls to actually implement them.

I've never really bought this narrative, in the sense that the number of people who abuse the system are no where near as large as the tabloids paint them to be.

I also think, given humanity tends to follow normal distributions in most of its attributes, there isn't that much sense designing policy that seems geared more towards the extreme ends of the curve than the vast majority of people who don't take the piss. As the phrase goes, "hard cases make bad law".

I also think it matters what kind of society we collectively build and how that changes people's perceptions and behaviours.

I don't see these points as being especially idealistic - in fact, I see them as being pragmatic. We don't do well at "virtuous circles" in this country.

Yep. The amount of people that would seemingly rather help nobody in case they accidentally help a few 'system abusers' is shocking..especially when it relates to feeding children.

Do they still have sex education in schools?
Wouldn't it be an idea that we educate children that when they have children of their own in the future that they will actually be responsible for them for at least the next forthcoming 18 years. I realise that the tax payer foots the bill for a lot of things for people who do genuinely need support but paying for YOUR child's dinner during school holidays is somewhat taking the piss. Yes you can bang on about politicians who have got their noses in numerous troughs but the line for me is drawn here.
When the hell are people going to start taking responsibly for the seeds they have sown. The trouble is with society today nobody want to stand up and be counted, they always want to be bailed out by someone else. Where are we actually heading here.
The tax payer is not responsible for feeding your kids. You chose to have them, you look after them. If you cant afford them dont have them. I am no political animal but tax payers funding peoples kids dinner during school holidays, what the heck is that about.
Who are thes kids who are starving anyway.
No child in this country needs to go hungry.
Only bad planning and misuse of benifits or wages of individual parents can result their own children going hungry. And if that's the case should these people be having kids in the first place. Yes, for sure there will be genuine cases but not on the scale people want this rolled out on.
And why are people so many people in favour of this and why is the demand so big.
...because its FREE. What parent is going to turn down a free meal for their kids.
I'm not saying this from any political side, it's just a personal view.
Someone may change my mind, but that's how I see it.

Wouldn't it be an idea that we educate children that when they have children of their own in the future that they will actually be responsible for them for at least the next forthcoming 18 years. I realise that the tax payer foots the bill for a lot of things for people who do genuinely need support but paying for YOUR child's dinner during school holidays is somewhat taking the piss. Yes you can bang on about politicians who have got their noses in numerous troughs but the line for me is drawn here.
When the hell are people going to start taking responsibly for the seeds they have sown. The trouble is with society today nobody want to stand up and be counted, they always want to be bailed out by someone else. Where are we actually heading here.
The tax payer is not responsible for feeding your kids. You chose to have them, you look after them. If you cant afford them dont have them. I am no political animal but tax payers funding peoples kids dinner during school holidays, what the heck is that about.
Only bad planning and misuse of benifits or wages of individual parents can result their own children going hungry. And if that's the case should these people be having kids in the first place. Yes, for sure there will be genuine cases but not on the scale people want this rolled out on.
And why are people so many people in favour of this and why is the demand so big.
...because its FREE. What parent is going to turn down a free meal for their kids.

Well, leaving aside the fact that you have to qualify (and the associated stigma that comes with it) I would turn down a free meal, because I don’t need it. But then I’m in the very privileged position of never having lost my job, or my home, or had to escape from an abusive relationship.

Let’s hope that never happens to you either eh? And if it ever does, let’s hope people show you a bit more empathy and understanding than you are showing.

When you have children how do you propose you can analyse your financial situation in 5,10 or 15 years time?

Well, leaving aside the fact that you have to qualify (and the associated stigma that comes with it) I would turn down a free meal, because I don’t need it. But then I’m in the very privileged position of never having lost my job, or my home, or had to escape from an abusive relationship.

Let’s hope that never happens to you either eh? And if it ever does, let’s hope people show you a bit more empathy and understanding than you are showing.

I except all those things you said and totally understand that there are definately people out there who genuinely need help and should get that help and I am more than willing to play my part to help those who need it. But the people we are talking about aren't the whole of the nation are they? There are many, many more parents in this country who can afford to feed their children outside the school holidays and it is their responsibility to do so not the states. Have I understood this wrong. Is it a call for every child to recieve free meals or those that qualify through means testing and the benifit system?
Incidentally just to point out that I have a food business of my own and I dont shout about it and haven't even told many of my friends or even family but I donate thousands of pounds worth of food a year to a food bank in one of the most deprived areas of the county and have done so for a number of years so far from me having no empathy for peoples plights and situations I am pro-active in helping those in need and actually putting my hand in my pocket to prove it.

I except all those things you said and totally understand that there are definately people out there who genuinely need help and should get that help and I am more than willing to play my part to help those who need it. But the people we are talking about aren't the whole of the nation are they? There are many, many more parents in this country who can afford to feed their children outside the school holidays and it is their responsibility to do so not the states. Have I understood this wrong. Is it a call for every child to recieve free meals or those that qualify through means testing and the benifit system?
Incidentally just to point out that I have a food business of my own and I dont shout about it and haven't even told many of my friends or even family but I donate thousands of pounds worth of food a year to a food bank in one of the most deprived areas of the county and have done so for a number of years so far from me having no empathy for peoples plights and situations I am pro-active in helping those in need and actually putting my hand in my pocket to prove it.

As I understand it it’s about extending free school meals for those who qualify (i.e. those who need it most) into the holidays. It isn’t universal.

“Have they no refuge or resource?” cried Scrooge. “Are there no prisons?” said the Spirit, turning on him for the last time with his own words. “Are there no workhouses?”