Coronavirus | Page 70 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Of course Belgium hasn't had any effective government for the best part of 18 months now. It's actually arguable whether the lack of any effective government has had a worse impact than our own during this crisis?
https://think.ing.com/articles/belgium-the-political-crisis-is-not-over-yet/

There's a statement for the future:
A country without any effective government didn't do significantly worse than our current one in handling the epidemic, what a damning indictment on our current governments shambolic effort...

Tbf Belgium has always had difficulties in Government, not easy with a country split into Flemish & Wallonia regions.

Someone grassed on one of the village watering holes last week . Old Bill walked in , saw everything was in order and left saying they were going to go after the caller , wasting police time. Those who grass are scum of the earth .

Not at all-it was based on the fact that we seem to be following a similar pattern to France and Spain. Cases are already falling in Spain and close to peaking in France. Death rates are a fraction of the previous peak in all 3 countries. I wouldn't call the recent rise in hospital cases "exponential", and in any event it was from a very low base

50,000 cases in France today. Care to re-visit that comment, Harry57?

Of course they will, every sniffle and cold will be “covid”.

It’s been misreported and exaggerated from the start.. I’ve spoken to doctors who have said every ? Infection was put down as covid to increase funding, I’ve seen ghost like a+e departments / hospitals, every nursing home I’ve been in, bar two have not had any covid cases.

The fact is people die and it’s never going to change that .. good luck waiting for a safe vaccine that’s been thoroughly tested - you won’t be returning to your job face to face anytime soon.

The fear that has been created is unbelievable and people think it’s ok as long as they have their magic face mask.

Still thinking this, Eastville?

Does anyone know the actual numbers caused by Covid 19 . ?? . i seriously doubt it

Of course we do. We can make reasonable estimates based on excess deaths and official statistics.

Current estimates suggest between 45k to 60k. If you want to dispute that, provide evidence. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and stop disrespecting the many people and their families who have died from thiscterrible disease.

Or, alternatively visit an acute covid ward and actually watch people die.

You might then learn some human empathy you sociopathic bastard.

And I'll happily meet you in person to say that to your face. Whenever you want.

Does anyone know the actual numbers caused by Covid 19 . ?? .

Seriously, I'll go with you to an acute covid ward and we can watch people take their last agonising, gasping death together. We can watch them die and see the terrible fear in their eyes.

I've got the balls to do it. Have you?

Harry57, Bazzzer, Imp79, Swedishimp? Any fucking offers, you utter cowards?

Still thinking this, Eastville?

If I’m completely honest, I’m torn - I think the cases are likely to have exaggerated by mass testing, unreliable tests and recording asymptonstic patients.

Do I think the deaths have been (aside from the initial cock up) exaggerated.. no.

Do I still think deaths happens and an unavoidable part of life .. yes.

Do I have every sympathy for the people and families effected by covid .. yes, but I also have sympathy for the people who’s cancer treatment has been delayed or gone undiagnosed.

Will I wear a face masks out in public.. yes, but I doubt how many people are washing / disposing of their face masks after every use..

What is the current daily death rate, Bazzzer?

My comment at the time was addressing the lack of consistency over the reporting methods from the home nations. My second comment was to say that there appeared to be consistency at that later time.

Both comments were accurate. I fail to see the reason for your aggression.

Yesterday's official death figure was 151. I'm surprised you weren't able to find that for yourself.

If I’m completely honest, I’m torn - I think the cases are likely to have exaggerated by mass testing, unreliable tests and recording asymptonstic patients.

Do I think the deaths have been (aside from the initial cock up) exaggerated.. no.

Do I still think deaths happens and an unavoidable part of life .. yes.

Do I have every sympathy for the people and families effected by covid .. yes, but I also have sympathy for the people who’s cancer treatment has been delayed or gone undiagnosed.

Will I wear a face masks out in public.. yes, but I doubt how many people are washing / disposing of their face masks after every use..

A fair and honest reply.

On the point about cancer, we know two people who had their treatment paused - one our next-door neighbour. Both survived and are back on treatment, but some won't have.

I think the point about this is that a well-prepared government and public health service should be able to maintain a minimum level of acute care during this kind of pandemic.

I haven't checked, to be honest, but I'm willing to bet Germany were able to do so in the first wave of coronavirus for their cancer (and other acute) patients.

Unfortunately, we had a government who ignored the 2016 pandemic report and were not remotely prepared and, by extension, hadn't prepared the health service, either.

I don't even think this is especially a party-political point. I doubt Labour would have done much better in the current political climate. There are only two governments in my life-time I'd have thought might have done better: Thatcher's and Blair's.

My comment at the time was addressing the lack of consistency over the reporting methods from the home nations. My second comment was to say that there appeared to be consistency at that later time.

Both comments were accurate. I fail to see the reason for your aggression.

Yesterday's official death figure was 151. I'm surprised you weren't able to find that for yourself.

A fair and honest reply.