The Henri Lansbury Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Henri Lansbury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Smith said the other day that they had tried to move him on but no one was interested don't think it was Lansbury's fault.

Dean Smith said the other day that they had tried to move him on but no one was interested don't think it was Lansbury's fault.
His wages are mental here given how shite he is. No one will touch him, he'll be here until his contract expires.

Probably had £8m off the club by the time he leaves. Please don't tell me how much that works out at per game, sub appearance or minute on the pitch:stab:

Probably had £8m off the club by the time he leaves. Please don't tell me how much that works out at per game, sub appearance or minute on the pitch:stab:
Amazingly he's in his 5th season with us (yes his first 'season' was half of the 2016/17 campaign but still that's a long time).

We signed him, we gave him the contract, our fault, not his. There is no way that he ever thought he would only be good enough end up on the scrap heap. I do wonder sometimes, some think that players do this by design - it's all they've known from a very early age and they definitely all had heroes as kids who they wanted to emulate.

Unfortunately only a tiny percentage will ever truly make it. Every transfer is a risk and this one didn't work out.

We signed him, we gave him the contract, our fault, not his. There is no way that he ever thought he would only be good enough end up on the scrap heap. I do wonder sometimes, some think that players do this by design - it's all they've known from a very early age and they definitely all had heroes as kids who they wanted to emulate.

Unfortunately only a tiny percentage will ever truly make it. Every transfer is a risk and this one didn't work out.

Doesn't stop him having his contract paid up like Jota and finding a new club the next day though does it. He or his agent could organise it in the TF but no he'd sooner milk us for the lot whilst having a kick about at Bodymoor and free meals thrown in.
Can't be a good influence to the younger lads when hey see him on 10x what they gat and doing nothing for it.

I get that footballers don't know anything else but he will come next summer when he's out of work and the 40k a week stops coming in, his Mrs runs off with another player who can keep her in the lifestyle she's become accustomed to.

Not that money will worry him he's milked us for 8m or whatever. more than enough for him and his kids to never have to work ever again

Doesn't stop him having his contract paid up like Jota and finding a new club the next day though does it. He or his agent could organise it in the TF but no he'd sooner milk us for the lot whilst having a kick about at Bodymoor and free meals thrown in.
Can't be a good influence to the younger lads when hey see him on 10x what they gat and doing nothing for it.

I get that footballers don't know anything else but he will come next summer when he's out of work and the 40k a week stops coming in, his Mrs runs off with another player who can keep her in the lifestyle she's become accustomed to.

Not that money will worry him he's milked us for 8m or whatever. more than enough for him and his kids to never have to work ever again

I listen to Kris Akabusi on the radio yesterday talking about Mesut Ozil. He said these players should be doing all they can to get game time somewhere even if it means dropping down to a lower wage as the longer they are out of the game the more chance they have of never playing again at a decent level. He was saying that Ozil will live to regret his decision to stay at Arsenal. Most of these guys know nothing apart from football and it will be a very long retirement for them. I know for a fact that I couldn't have retired in my 30's for my mental health's sake.

His wages are mental here given how shite he is. No one will touch him, he'll be here until his contract expires.

When he was signed he was meant to be the main man in midfield and help us push onto promotion. We were handing out insane wages for the championship with huge bonuses paid upon promotion and wage increases.

I doubt he ever thought he'd become so injury prone to be fair to him but I remember one of the lads from the Villa view describing him as happy to be a squad player and it rang true. He seems too comfortable just training and playing just a few minutes here and there whilst enjoying the wage and lifestyle of a premier league player.

As much as I question his decision to keep taking the money rather than actually taking the pay off, finding a new club and getting another wage on top of that whilst actually playing football. From what I saw he seemed to be in a happy relationship (Married?) and had kids, she doesn't look the dense sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.