Coronavirus | Page 433 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Totally p*ssed! Just spoke to the eldest tonight. Good news is he has got the new job with Sky subsidiary and a £10 k payrise

The shit news is cos York been moved into Tier 2 and whilst he is only 20 minutes from us, under the same postcode they come under East Riding who are still in Tier 1.

I can't childmind until we are moved back to tier 1 or they are moved into Tier 2 which to be fair is probably going to happen soon as the rate is going up quickly there.

😥😥😥 I know its right but doesn't stop me being pissed

I appreciate Joe Rogan a lot but this oul crazy pandemic has really opened me up to his self-acknowledged stupidity. There is a small part of me that thinks he needs to do a little better with talking about these difficult subjects.

I wish what he was saying was tongue in cheek, as opposed to total and utter stupidity and ignorance. All about USA and the election this pandemic. Fool.

Turned off at the point of the restrictions, you are losing your constitutional rights. WIth a pandemic, people lose more than that, they lose their lives.

Oh and then follows it up, as I hadn't turned off (!!) dimissing social distancing because it is in the air etc.

Why are Manchester allowed to decide for themselves whether they lockdown or not. Other areas will see this and think fuck it why should we be different.

I appreciate Joe Rogan a lot but this oul crazy pandemic has really opened me up to his self-acknowledged stupidity. There is a small part of me that thinks he needs to do a little better with talking about these difficult subjects.

He's an idiot, always has been, always will be. He has a lot of interesting guests but Rogan himself knows nothing about anything other than UFC and getting high.

I wish what he was saying was tongue in cheek, as opposed to total and utter stupidity and ignorance. All about USA and the election this pandemic. Fool.

Turned off at the point of the restrictions, you are losing your constitutional rights.

Oh and then follows it up, as I hadn't turned off (!!) dimissing social distancing because it is in the air etc.

He's an idiot, always has been, always will be. He has a lot of interesting guests but Rogan himself knows nothing about anything other than UFC and getting high.

I've listened to him almost religiously for a decade and honestly I am better for it due to his guests. However, I definitely gave him too much credit and when people tell you they're stupid sometimes you have to keep that in mind.

It's the freedoms thing as you said Fear that really gets me, freedom but at what cost? It would be one thing if it just endangered yourself but people who are trying to be safe are at significant risk from those who want unfettered freedom.

I am happy for you to go out, open your business get you, and everyone else who bothers to go there and not take precautions to get sick. Unfortunately, we can't let you kill yourselves because (a) you'll pass it to people who are trying their hardest to both be safe and protect you and (b) you'll overwhelm the hospital and a bunch of amazing people working there will get sick and some will die.

I still don't know what the truth is in Sweden but it really appears to be deaths are acceptable. Losing children who are vulnerable and the elderly is fine. That seems to be the message.

Totally agree @CDX_EIRE If this was a government trying to curtail our freedom, like the horrific actions in Hong Kong, I'd like to think I'd be on the streets like those brave folks.

But this is a pandemic and no way does that tie in with any Gov in any country trying to increase the power they hold (said that carefully, as China obviously has all but complete control... but this pandemic hasn't changed that)

It is just childish bullshit and some seem to revel in it. Joe is showing himself up to be very stupid, sadly he's not the only one. Up to him though, he seems to be doing ok for himself and i am sure he wouldn't care what my thoughts are! lol Sadly, some follow this shit though and that is dangerous.

We're effectively going to be back to lockdown from later in the week. It'll not be as severe as March and April. Schools will stay open (for now, anyway) and "elite" sports can continue (obviously with no spectators). Also, us old-timers are not being cocooned but we're being advised to be "very careful". But, apart from that, it's much like it was in the spring - only "essential" shops open, no visiting other people's houses or even gardens, work from home, no travel outside 5 kilometres from home.
It's going to last six weeks. It's hoped we'll be allowed out for Christmas!

Once we actually have a proper plan to move forward the one good thing about 'new normal's' is they quickly become the normal.

Planet has been through this before, it will again and for this instance, the more of us who stay sensible and do the right things, the better it will be.