Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 36 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

i said this after the liverpool game and someone said i was talking crap, but like you im even more convinced now.... its not going too badly at the moment
Last season we were crying out for more experience on and off the pitch and Shakespeare certainly ticks the right boxes for off the pitch. Thought Dean was a bit naive at times with tactics and in-game decisions but Shakespeare is a top assistant who will certainly help on the touch line and on the training pitch. To be fair to Smith he got us working a lot better defensively after the lockdown anyway so deserves a huge amount of credit

Wonder if the various channels will start analysing what we are doing any time soon. Probably be all about Leeds on Friday. Hey ho :shrug:

I think most will see the Liverpool game for what it was - us turning up and Liverpool not but tonight's performance was a proper game between two very good sides so I would expect most to take even more notice of that 0-1 than the random Liverpool result.

You can't argue with 4-in-4 and three clean sheets ...

Another sour Leicester fan on five live calling Jack a cheat and saying Maddison is a better person because he has observed the lockdown unlike Jack who is a cheat on the pitch and in life.
Jealous or what.

Meh, whatever to that really. But think those two are good mates anyway aren't they?! The lack of fans have done Jack and the other players like Kyle Walker a favour, they'd have certainly getting it if the fans were there.

Was a strange game for fouls really, loads on both sides, and 7 cards. Very stop start

Just caught up on the thread after watching the game. Geez there’s some negativity on here. Thought that was an extremely professional performance against another top team. It‘s not always going to go completely our way, we won’t dominate every game, nor have 3 deflected shots that end up in the back of the net.

Tonight was another injection of confidence to the players (and us) that we can compete at the top levels of the league. Well done, fantastic job by all. :utv::utv::utv:

Incredible start to the season but to think we’ve beaten Liverpool and Leicester in those first four games with 3 clean sheets out of 4.....it’s bloody unbelievable....I keep saying it but it’s clearly already shaping up to be a repeat of 76/77 and 89/90....’the second season (after a return to the top tier) beyond our dreams, (after a shite first season back).....hatrick!‘ :wahey::utv::utv::utv:

happy for us to continue to sneak under the radar. If no one else takes us seriously then that’s surely better for us

The PL money guys won't want us anywhere near their top Six so don't expect much love from the media but trust me, every manager in the PL will be racking their brains on how to beat us because we look really, really good.

Rodgers is a great manager but all he could come up with was to kick Jack.

Nuff said ...

Great contest, loads of cards, not many clear cut chances but we had sustained pressure for most of the game. Leicester defended really well on the edge of their box, so with our set pieces coming to nothing, it was going to have to be something like that from Barkley.

Really enjoyed that and as much a statement as Liverpool IMO. We are NOT a fluke!

Incredible start to the season but to think we’ve beaten Liverpool and Leicester in those first four games with 3 clean sheets out of 4.....it’s bloody unbelievable....I keep saying it but it’s clearly already shaping up to be a repeat of 76/77 and 89/90....’the second season (after a return to the top tier) beyond our dreams, (after a shite first season back).....hatrick!‘ :wahey::utv::utv::utv:
I still want a couple more results before I call it, next game, dirty Leeds. Get a win in that one and move on to the next. We’ll drop points eventually, but the longer we stay unbeaten, the better. Haven’t seen all PL games, obviously, but not seeing anything to make me brick it.